Be sociable. Speak to the person next to you in the unemployment line tomorrow.

interests / rec.pets.cats.anecdotes / Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

SubjectAuthor
* Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)jmcquown
+* Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)Cheryl
|`- Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)jmcquown
+* Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)Judith Latham
|`* Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)jmcquown
| `- Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)Judith Latham
`* Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)NEMO
 `- Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)cshenk

1
Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

<Ek7BI.257441$Ms7.60445@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=183&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#183

Subject: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:05:22 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 24 Jun 2021 22:05 UTC

On 8/7/2020 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> Around 7AM Buffy started meowing, trying to make me get up.  Oh no, I
> groaned. "Sleepy-bye".  She has dry kibble and water right there. No
> reason for me to get up yet. (except for the gooshy food). I wasn't a
> good cat slave.  I refused to get up until around 9AM.
>
> I keep a lightweight cotton robe at the foot of the bed.  When I got out
> of bed that morning, Buffy had dragged it off the bed and onto the cat
> steps at the *head* of the bed.  I looked down and there it was, as if
> she was saying "Hello! Here's your robe. Now get up and feed me!"
>
> Cute trick with the robe, Buffy.  I have to wonder why she grabbed an
> article of clothing for me to put on.  Hmmmm.
>
> I did get up and she did get her gooshy food.  And I did get to sleep in
> that extra 2 hours before discovering the robe. :)
>
> Jill

That happened last August, almost a year ago. Buffy died on 6/11/2021.
I haven't changed my habit of keeping that robe at the foot of the bed.

This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, that robe was once
again on the pet steps at the head of the bed. I was flabbergasted.

Her food and water bowls were in the bedroom, too. At the risk of
sounding completely nutty, I sometimes think I can hear her eating her
"crunchies" during the night. This despite the fact that those bowls
have been washed and put away.

Jill

Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

<ijlpceFam01U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=184&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#184

From: cperk...@mun.ca (Cheryl)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Subject: Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 07:57:26 -0230
 by: Cheryl - Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:27 UTC

On 2021-06-24 7:35 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

> That happened last August, almost a year ago.  Buffy died on 6/11/2021.
>  I haven't changed my habit of keeping that robe at the foot of the bed.
>
> This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, that robe was once
> again on the pet steps at the head of the bed.  I was flabbergasted.
>
> Her food and water bowls were in the bedroom, too.  At the risk of
> sounding completely nutty, I sometimes think I can hear her eating her
> "crunchies" during the night.  This despite the fact that those bowls
> have been washed and put away.

I kept thinking I saw Cinnamon out of the corner of my eye, and when I
turned to look at the motion, of course, there was nothing moving. I
think this is a normal response. After my grandmother died, many years
ago, I woke up one night and saw her standing in my bedroom doorway
smiling at me. Of course, I was dreaming, but it seemed very real.

--
Cheryl

Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

<0KiBI.48736$4q1.4367@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=185&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#185

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 07:03:22 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 25 Jun 2021 11:03 UTC

On 6/25/2021 6:27 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 2021-06-24 7:35 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>
>> That happened last August, almost a year ago.  Buffy died on
>> 6/11/2021.   I haven't changed my habit of keeping that robe at the
>> foot of the bed.
>>
>> This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, that robe was once
>> again on the pet steps at the head of the bed.  I was flabbergasted.
>>
>> Her food and water bowls were in the bedroom, too.  At the risk of
>> sounding completely nutty, I sometimes think I can hear her eating her
>> "crunchies" during the night.  This despite the fact that those bowls
>> have been washed and put away.
>
> I kept thinking I saw Cinnamon out of the corner of my eye, and when I
> turned to look at the motion, of course, there was nothing moving. I
> think this is a normal response. After my grandmother died, many years
> ago, I woke up one night and saw her standing in my bedroom doorway
> smiling at me. Of course, I was dreaming, but it seemed very real.

I've seen that out of the corner of my eye thing, too. Of course there
is nothing there. I would love to think Buffy (and Cinnamon) are
sticking around long enough to tell us they're okay, don't worry. And
in Buffy's case, here's your robe! :)

I actually do believe in ghosts. After my little mutt dog Sampson died
(two months shy of age 20) I woke up one night because I felt fur under
my fingers. I remember thinking "That can't be." As I came more awake
I felt a *whoosh* go down the bed and he went away. I had been grieving
terribly but when that happened I felt totally at peace. I think he
came to say goodbye and to tell me he was fine.

Jill

Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

<5942caee41judith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=186&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#186

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 21:07:30 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Sat, 26 Jun 2021 20:07 UTC

In article <Ek7BI.257441$Ms7.60445@fx34.iad>, jmcquown
<j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 8/7/2020 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > Around 7AM Buffy started meowing, trying to make me get up. Oh no, I
> > groaned. "Sleepy-bye". She has dry kibble and water right there. No
> > reason for me to get up yet. (except for the gooshy food). I wasn't a
> > good cat slave. I refused to get up until around 9AM.
> >
> > I keep a lightweight cotton robe at the foot of the bed. When I got
> > out of bed that morning, Buffy had dragged it off the bed and onto
> > the cat steps at the *head* of the bed. I looked down and there it
> > was, as if she was saying "Hello! Here's your robe. Now get up and
> > feed me!"
> >
> > Cute trick with the robe, Buffy. I have to wonder why she grabbed an
> > article of clothing for me to put on. Hmmmm.
> >
> > I did get up and she did get her gooshy food. And I did get to sleep
> > in that extra 2 hours before discovering the robe. :)
> >
> > Jill

> That happened last August, almost a year ago. Buffy died on 6/11/2021.
> I haven't changed my habit of keeping that robe at the foot of the bed.

> This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, that robe was once
> again on the pet steps at the head of the bed. I was flabbergasted.

> Her food and water bowls were in the bedroom, too. At the risk of
> sounding completely nutty, I sometimes think I can hear her eating her
> "crunchies" during the night. This despite the fact that those bowls
> have been washed and put away.

> Jill

I think that loved ones do stay with us on some level. That they do things
to let us know they're there. If it was in your imagination, how come your
robe was on the pet steps at the top of the bed not where you left it on
the foot of the bed?

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

<mlNBI.114210$od.48785@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=188&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#188

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 17:53:20 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 26 Jun 2021 21:53 UTC

On 6/26/2021 4:07 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article <Ek7BI.257441$Ms7.60445@fx34.iad>, jmcquown
> <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>> On 8/7/2020 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Around 7AM Buffy started meowing, trying to make me get up. Oh no, I
>>> groaned. "Sleepy-bye". She has dry kibble and water right there. No
>>> reason for me to get up yet. (except for the gooshy food). I wasn't a
>>> good cat slave. I refused to get up until around 9AM.
>>>
>>> I keep a lightweight cotton robe at the foot of the bed. When I got
>>> out of bed that morning, Buffy had dragged it off the bed and onto
>>> the cat steps at the *head* of the bed. I looked down and there it
>>> was, as if she was saying "Hello! Here's your robe. Now get up and
>>> feed me!"
>>>
>>> Cute trick with the robe, Buffy. I have to wonder why she grabbed an
>>> article of clothing for me to put on. Hmmmm.
>>>
>>> I did get up and she did get her gooshy food. And I did get to sleep
>>> in that extra 2 hours before discovering the robe. :)
>>>
>>> Jill
>
>> That happened last August, almost a year ago. Buffy died on 6/11/2021.
>> I haven't changed my habit of keeping that robe at the foot of the bed.
>
>> This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, that robe was once
>> again on the pet steps at the head of the bed. I was flabbergasted.
>
>> Her food and water bowls were in the bedroom, too. At the risk of
>> sounding completely nutty, I sometimes think I can hear her eating her
>> "crunchies" during the night. This despite the fact that those bowls
>> have been washed and put away.
>
>> Jill
>
> I think that loved ones do stay with us on some level. That they do things
> to let us know they're there. If it was in your imagination, how come your
> robe was on the pet steps at the top of the bed not where you left it on
> the foot of the bed?
>
> Judith

It's a magical mystery. I'd have had no reason to move it in my sleep.

Jill

Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

<5943975614judith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=189&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#189

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:20:11 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 09:20 UTC

In article <mlNBI.114210$od.48785@fx15.iad>, jmcquown
<j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 6/26/2021 4:07 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
> > In article <Ek7BI.257441$Ms7.60445@fx34.iad>, jmcquown
> > <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> >> That happened last August, almost a year ago. Buffy died on
> >> 6/11/2021. I haven't changed my habit of keeping that robe at the
> >> foot of the bed.
> >
> >> This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, that robe was once
> >> again on the pet steps at the head of the bed. I was flabbergasted.
> >
> >> Her food and water bowls were in the bedroom, too. At the risk of
> >> sounding completely nutty, I sometimes think I can hear her eating
> >> her "crunchies" during the night. This despite the fact that those
> >> bowls have been washed and put away.
> >
> >> Jill
> >
> > I think that loved ones do stay with us on some level. That they do
> > things to let us know they're there. If it was in your imagination,
> > how come your robe was on the pet steps at the top of the bed not
> > where you left it on the foot of the bed?
> >
> > Judith
> >
> It's a magical mystery. I'd have had no reason to move it in my sleep.

> Jill

Exactly! :)

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

<qbs3eg96o82f6ik8icsq73savvnfprgg8r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=191&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#191

From: fsturluo...@zmail.com (NEMO)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 13:37:04 -0400
 by: NEMO - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 17:37 UTC

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:05:22 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 8/7/2020 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Around 7AM Buffy started meowing, trying to make me get up.  Oh no, I
>> groaned. "Sleepy-bye".  She has dry kibble and water right there. No
>> reason for me to get up yet. (except for the gooshy food). I wasn't a
>> good cat slave.  I refused to get up until around 9AM.
>>
>> I keep a lightweight cotton robe at the foot of the bed.  When I got out
>> of bed that morning, Buffy had dragged it off the bed and onto the cat
>> steps at the *head* of the bed.  I looked down and there it was, as if
>> she was saying "Hello! Here's your robe. Now get up and feed me!"
>>
>> Cute trick with the robe, Buffy.  I have to wonder why she grabbed an
>> article of clothing for me to put on.  Hmmmm.
>>
>> I did get up and she did get her gooshy food.  And I did get to sleep in
>> that extra 2 hours before discovering the robe. :)
>>
>> Jill
>
>That happened last August, almost a year ago. Buffy died on 6/11/2021.
> I haven't changed my habit of keeping that robe at the foot of the bed.
>
>This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, that robe was once
>again on the pet steps at the head of the bed. I was flabbergasted.
>
>Her food and water bowls were in the bedroom, too. At the risk of
>sounding completely nutty, I sometimes think I can hear her eating her
>"crunchies" during the night. This despite the fact that those bowls
>have been washed and put away.
>
>Jill

Yes, you're nuts. Buffy's dead, get on with YOUR life.

Re: Ghost Cat? (WAS: Here's Your Robe...)

<DO-dnX3q07HIsH79nZ2dnUU7-KvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=193&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#193

From: cshe...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 11:03:33 -0500
 by: cshenk - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 16:03 UTC

NEMO wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:05:22 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On 8/7/2020 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> Around 7AM Buffy started meowing, trying to make me get up.  Oh
> no, I >> groaned. "Sleepy-bye".  She has dry kibble and water right
> there. No >> reason for me to get up yet. (except for the gooshy
> food). I wasn't a >> good cat slave.  I refused to get up until
> around 9AM. >>
> >> I keep a lightweight cotton robe at the foot of the bed.  When I
> got out >> of bed that morning, Buffy had dragged it off the bed and
> onto the cat >> steps at the head of the bed.  I looked down and
> there it was, as if >> she was saying "Hello! Here's your robe. Now
> get up and feed me!" >>
> >> Cute trick with the robe, Buffy.  I have to wonder why she grabbed
> an >> article of clothing for me to put on.  Hmmmm.
> >>
> >> I did get up and she did get her gooshy food.  And I did get to
> sleep in >> that extra 2 hours before discovering the robe. :)
> >>
> >> Jill
> >
> > That happened last August, almost a year ago. Buffy died on
> > 6/11/2021. I haven't changed my habit of keeping that robe at the
> > foot of the bed.
> >
> > This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, that robe was
> > once again on the pet steps at the head of the bed. I was
> > flabbergasted.
> >
> > Her food and water bowls were in the bedroom, too. At the risk of
> > sounding completely nutty, I sometimes think I can hear her eating
> > her "crunchies" during the night. This despite the fact that those
> > bowls have been washed and put away.
> >
> > Jill
>

> Yes, you're nuts. Buffy's dead, get on with YOUR life.

Bozo bon material