You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / The Sports Bra

SubjectAuthor
* The Sports BraTechnobarbarian
+- Re: The Sports Brasticks
`- Re: The Sports BraGeorge Anthony

1
The Sports Bra

<2008ade1-ffe7-4572-ab5b-72ac89892526n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18839&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18839

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 07:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Sports Bra
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 14:02 UTC

"When Jenny Nguyen signed the lease to create her dream bar, she wasn’t sure it would stay open for more than a few months.

But earlier this month, 43-year-old Nguyen’s first-of-its-kind establishment in Portland, Oregon, celebrated its one-year anniversary. Aptly named The Sports Bra, it’s a sports bar where only women athletes appear on the TVs.

Business has been good, despite the niche business model and record inflation sending food and beverage prices soaring. The Sports Bra brought in $944,000 in revenue in the eight months it was open in 2022, according to documents reviewed by CNBC Make It.

It was profitable in that first year of business, Nguyen adds.

“It turns out, it’s pretty universal — that feeling of being a women’s sports fan and going into a public place, like a sports bar, and having a difficult time finding a place to show a [women’s] game, especially when there are other men’s sports playing,” Nguyen says."

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/27/jenny-nguyen-how-the-sports-bra-became-haven-for-womens-sports-fans.html

TB

Re: The Sports Bra

<u2lvvm$3ichk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18840&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18840

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: The Sports Bra
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 10:03:17 -0500
 by: sticks - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 15:03 UTC

On 4/30/2023 9:02 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "When Jenny Nguyen signed the lease to create her dream bar, she wasn’t sure it would stay open for more than a few months.
>
> But earlier this month, 43-year-old Nguyen’s first-of-its-kind establishment in Portland, Oregon, celebrated its one-year anniversary. Aptly named The Sports Bra, it’s a sports bar where only women athletes appear on the TVs.
>
> Business has been good, despite the niche business model and record inflation sending food and beverage prices soaring. The Sports Bra brought in $944,000 in revenue in the eight months it was open in 2022, according to documents reviewed by CNBC Make It.
>
> It was profitable in that first year of business, Nguyen adds.
>
> “It turns out, it’s pretty universal — that feeling of being a women’s sports fan and going into a public place, like a sports bar, and having a difficult time finding a place to show a [women’s] game, especially when there are other men’s sports playing,” Nguyen says."
>
> https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/27/jenny-nguyen-how-the-sports-bra-became-haven-for-womens-sports-fans.html
>
> TB

What's she gonna do when women's sports are all dominated by mentally
unhealthy men wearing bras and dominating women's events? Who wants to
watch that shit?

Re: The Sports Bra

<u2mto9$3ql7c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18844&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18844

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 18:31:21 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 23:31 UTC

On 4/30/2023 9:02 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "When Jenny Nguyen signed the lease to create her dream bar, she wasn’t sure it would stay open for more than a few months.
>
> But earlier this month, 43-year-old Nguyen’s first-of-its-kind establishment in Portland, Oregon, celebrated its one-year anniversary. Aptly named The Sports Bra, it’s a sports bar where only women athletes appear on the TVs.
>
> Business has been good, despite the niche business model and record inflation sending food and beverage prices soaring. The Sports Bra brought in $944,000 in revenue in the eight months it was open in 2022, according to documents reviewed by CNBC Make It.
>
> It was profitable in that first year of business, Nguyen adds.
>
> “It turns out, it’s pretty universal — that feeling of being a women’s sports fan and going into a public place, like a sports bar, and having a difficult time finding a place to show a [women’s] game, especially when there are other men’s sports playing,” Nguyen says."
>
> https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/27/jenny-nguyen-how-the-sports-bra-became-haven-for-womens-sports-fans.html
>
> TB

So no transvestite men pretending to be women are allowed? Will she show
sports events with pretend women participating?
--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)