Artistic ventures highlighted. Rob a museum.

interests / alt.dreams.castaneda / Seven Simple Rules for Life in Hiding

SubjectAuthor
* Seven Simple Rules for Life in HidingLowRider44M
+- Hot Rod Charliechris rodgers
`- Re: Seven Simple Rules for Life in Hidingo'Mahoney

1
Seven Simple Rules for Life in Hiding

<e0ea66e1-b4ae-4164-b428-5bfca86c6a42n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1894&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#1894

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 18:27:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Seven Simple Rules for Life in Hiding
From: intraph...@gmail.com (LowRider44M)
 by: LowRider44M - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 01:27 UTC

I'm Not There - Arthur Rimbaud
https://youtu.be/7NjHdqTSahU

Seven Simple Rules for Life in Hiding

1. Never trust a cop in a raincoat.

2. Beware of enthusiasms and love.
Each is temporary and quickly to sway.

3. When asked if you care about the worlds problems,
look deeply into the eyes of he who asks.
He will not ask you again.

4. Never give your real name

5. When your told to look at your self. Never look

6. Never say or do anything the person
standing in front of you cannot understand

7. Never create anything, people will misinterpret it.
It will chain you and follow you for the rest of your life,
and it will never change

Hot Rod Charlie

<df73132c-9d27-41e7-9bcd-a84286c0fc8bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1902&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#1902

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 14:56:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Hot Rod Charlie
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 21:56 UTC

Charlie smoked at the Penn Derby
1st place paid $3.80 for two dollar tickets.

Wanna know how much my inlaws won on that horse?
take the purse (one million)
split up the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th place winning
THEN take charlie's cut and multiply 60% of that number
i think charlie's cut was perhaps 600,000, but i haven't confirmed yet.
yeah 360 ain't bad eh?
i told ya to bet hot rod charlie
i didn't get to the race book on time
i was coming in from Utah to Mesquite, Nevada.
son of a bitch i found that they didn't even handle the Penn Derby.
I'm such a loser.

Re: Seven Simple Rules for Life in Hiding

<s0k2lg56d4mlj0hahtbm105fo65d1vb489@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1907&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#1907

From: liberti...@south.south.com (o'Mahoney)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: Seven Simple Rules for Life in Hiding
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 13:12:15 +0800
 by: o'Mahoney - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 05:12 UTC

On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 18:27:06 -0700 (PDT), LowRider44M
<intraphase@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm Not There - Arthur Rimbaud
>https://youtu.be/7NjHdqTSahU
>

>Seven Simple Rules for Life in Hiding
>
>1. Never trust a cop in a raincoat.

What about Nevada? They don't need raincoats there.

>2. Beware of enthusiasms and love.
>Each is temporary and quickly to sway.

Death consumes all. Beware of all short term considerations. It's
called Buddhism.

>3. When asked if you care about the worlds problems,
>look deeply into the eyes of he who asks.
>He will not ask you again.

What if he/she's blind?

>4. Never give your real name

What about a person who's changed their name? Which is real? Or are
they both?

>5. When your told to look at your self. Never look

Well, you mean I think "Don't look too hard".

>6. Never say or do anything the person
>standing in front of you cannot understand

What if he/she is autistic?

>7. Never create anything, people will misinterpret it.
>It will chain you and follow you for the rest of your life,
>and it will never change

But what if it's really good and gives you a Nobel Prize or a Pulitzer
or something? How can that be bad? Excellent art is capable of many
meanings hence wide appeal. Don't seen any downside personally.

You should think things through. What I've found of use all my life
is thinking about all realistically possible outcomes before doing
anything (unless I need to keep a position before I make some sort of
decision, then plonk down minimum cost in case you decide against).

Usenet is great because nothing should be spur of the moment, you can
think before you commit (send). Another word for a person who thinks
things through is "astute".

"Capitalism is the exploitation of man by man,
whereas communism is the reverse"

Old Russian joke