From: dav...@wa-wd.com (David Carson)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: QUORA: HOW DID AMERICANS GET SO FAT?
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 11:47:10 -0500
 by: David Carson - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 16:47 UTC

>ItÂ’s possible to live a healthy lifestyle in America if you constantly invest time and effort, eat unlike most Americans and live unlike most Americans.

Constant time and effort, give me a break.
1. Make soft drinks a treat, instead of a staple of your diet.
2. Eat most of your meals at home, where you control the portion
sizes.
3. If eating out, either order the kids meal or don't clean your
plate.
4.Limit snacking. Grab a banana or apple instead of a donut or bag of
chips.
5. Work up a sweat several times a week, either through physical labor
or exercise.
6. Get plenty of sleep.
7. Never take drugs to go to sleep or to stay awake.
8. Drink plenty of water.
9. Go easy on alcohol and caffeine, and don't use tobacco or
narcotics.
10. Stop popping so many pills.
11. Relax. Meditate. Pray. Contemplate. Plan. Whatever you call it,
turn off the outside stimuli for a while and just be still.

Boom, you're living a healthy lifestyle. Whether this is like or
unlike how most Americans live, I couldn't say, but there's no
constant investment of time or effort involved.

David Carson

Re: QUORA: HOW DID AMERICANS GET SO FAT?

<udd070$32fm2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19104&group=alt.obituaries#19104

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 17:10:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 17:10 UTC

David Carson <davidc@wa-wd.com> wrote:

>>It's possible to live a healthy lifestyle in America if you constantly invest time and effort, eat unlike most Americans and live unlike most Americans.

>Constant time and effort, give me a break.
>1. Make soft drinks a treat, instead of a staple of your diet.
>2. Eat most of your meals at home, where you control the portion
>sizes.
>3. If eating out, either order the kids meal or don't clean your
>plate.
>4.Limit snacking. Grab a banana or apple instead of a donut or bag of
>chips.
>5. Work up a sweat several times a week, either through physical labor
>or exercise.
>6. Get plenty of sleep.
>7. Never take drugs to go to sleep or to stay awake.
>8. Drink plenty of water.
>9. Go easy on alcohol and caffeine, and don't use tobacco or
>narcotics.

No caffeine? You are a cruel, cruel man.