Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 10:29:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Semi-OT: TikTok user receives threats; Matt Walsh & Stephen Miller
blow fuses
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 17:29 UTC

As one person said, she was respectful in the video and didn't put anyone down - but she's getting hate anyway. (NBC doesn't claim she got death threats, per se, but the Daily Dot - see below - and Rolling Stone did say that.)

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/was-childfree-woman-enjoying-saturday-came-culture-warriors-rcna103581

Sept. 6, 2023, 5:05 PM EDT
By Kat Tenbarge

Julia Mazur was having a relaxing Saturday when she decided to chronicle her day on TikTok. By Sunday, she had become the most recent fodder for the internet’s ongoing culture war around societal expectations for women.

Mazur, 29, had posted a 92-second video to her 7,000 TikTok followers, laying out a day in her life as a single, childless woman, planning to take a crack at making the egg dish shakshuka and watch some TV. The next day, the hate started to pour in.

“All of a sudden on Sunday, I started receiving hateful comments, and then I caught wind that he had posted my TikTok,” Mazur said.

He, in this case, is Matt Walsh, a conservative media provocateur who posted Mazur’s video on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, to his more than 2.4 million followers, stating that she is “too stupid to realize how depressing this is.” Other conservative pundits piled on. Some on the left came to her defense. Mark Cuban, the billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, argued with former Trump adviser Stephen Miller about it...

(snip)

That last sentence caught my eye.

So I looked that up that debate. Btw, when I clicked another link, it turned out that one of her defenders was...David Hogg.

Anyway, here's the (short) debate.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/stephen-miller-mark-cuban-childless-woman-debate/

And if I could be there when Walsh or Miller made their nasty comments about Mazur's pleasure in watching TV, I would say: "you know, you're right. She SHOULDN'T be spending her days on watching TV. She should be reading lots of good books and improving her mind!"

I'd love to see their faces...