Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 20:11:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Navy officials called critics of LGBTQ+ Pride efforts 'bigots' and 'a**holes
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 03:11 UTC

"Fox News
Navy officials called critics of LGBTQ+ Pride efforts 'bigots' and 'a**holes,' emails show"

"EXCLUSIVE — Navy officials dismissed critics of its promotion of LGBTQ+ Pride as "bigots" and "a**holes," according to emails obtained by Fox News Digital.

Two Navy officials expressed disgust with negative public response to its social media posts for LGBTQ+ Pride Month last year, according to emails obtained in a Freedom of Information Act request from the Functional Government Initiative. The two officials schemed on how to best post its "rainbow wingtip graphic" for LGBTQ+ Pride Month, which they complained would be flooded with "feedback from trolls and ugliness."

One official wrote that he had a "really rough day" and was debating whether to disable comments on social media posts.

"I just don't have the emotional energy to deal with rude a**holes and we are planning to put up our Pride Month post," wrote the official, whose name and position are redacted. "I'd just as soon post our message without any feedback from trolls and ugliness.""

https://news.yahoo.com/navy-officials-called-critics-lgbtq-193726624.html

TB