Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: Timing is everything
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 16:45:51 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 20:45 UTC

At 12:30 today, Walmart sent me an email saying that butter would not
be available for my grocery pickup order. After we picked up the order
a couple of hours later, we went into the store and found butter on
the shelf. At the end of the day going forward, the calculus is
skepticism plus persistence equals success in the passage of time -
and it's not even necessary to get to the root of the problem.

--
bill

Re: Timing is everything

<c9acf4a5-06c5-4e09-9f06-60d72aca5c8cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19308&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19308

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 18:44:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Timing is everything
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 01:44 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 1:45:55 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> At 12:30 today, Walmart sent me an email saying that butter would not
> be available for my grocery pickup order. After we picked up the order
> a couple of hours later, we went into the store and found butter on
> the shelf. At the end of the day going forward, the calculus is
> skepticism plus persistence equals success in the passage of time -
> and it's not even necessary to get to the root of the problem.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Glad you got that butter! Toast just ain't no good without it! Do you suspect Walmart of deceit, or just having a slothful employee, who failed to update the inventory?

Sam Spade Jr.

Re: Timing is everything

<4hceM.2302487$gGD7.1126603@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19309&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19309

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 22:15:28 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 02:15 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 1:45:55 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> At 12:30 today, Walmart sent me an email saying that butter would
>> not be available for my grocery pickup order. After we picked up
>> the order a couple of hours later, we went into the store and
>> found butter on the shelf. At the end of the day going forward,
>> the calculus is skepticism plus persistence equals success in the
>> passage of time - and it's not even necessary to get to the root
>> of the problem.
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>

> Glad you got that butter! Toast just ain't no good without it!
> Do you suspect Walmart of deceit, or just having a slothful
> employee, who failed to update the inventory?
>
> Sam Spade Jr.

Hey. I just said it wasn't necessary to get to the root of the
problem. Pay attention, Sam.

--
bill