We have art that we do not die of the truth. -- Nietzsche

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to address homelessness

SubjectAuthor
* Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to address homelessnessTechnobarbarian
+- Re: Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to addressbfh
`- Re: Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to addressGeorge.Anthony

1
Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to address homelessness

<665a5346-9e4e-4187-bf24-21a55fd72891n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19345&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19345

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 17:07:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to address homelessness
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 00:07 UTC

I love this woman. It's like she's saying the Emperor has no clothes.

(Basically, Multnomah county is Portland, with some extra bits here and there. They are only part of the metropolitan area.)

"PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Multnomah County Commissioner Sharon Meieran says the Joint Office of Homeless Services — a partnership between Multnomah County and the City of Portland — has no plan to address homelessness, citing a lack of coordination between the government agencies and lawmakers focusing on talking points rather than solutions to the crisis.

In late May, The City of Portland said it will extend its contract with Multnomah County to fund the Joint Office of Homeless Services, which aims to provide housing, shelter, health and job placement services for people facing homelessness.

The one-year contract extension comes after talk of splitting up the joint office. However, city leaders said they would give $43 million to the county, with strings attached — including guidelines in the contract for how that money would be spent and proof that homelessness is reduced.

Multnomah County runs the joint office while the City of Portland supplies the funding.

Commissioner Meieran is calling for the county and the city to come up with a coordinated plan to address homelessness and unspent funds that could be going towards homeless services.

“A lot of people would reasonably expect the Joint Office of Homeless Services to truly be a Joint Office of Homeless Services. In reality, the Joint Office of Homeless Services is a county department — the county chair oversees it, and the city just gives a bunch of money without any authority to the joint office,” Meieran said.

“So, these decisions being made are not prioritizing a lot of the city’s priorities and that’s been since its inception. So, there’s a contract that governs the joint office, don’t know why the city signed on to it in the first place, but that contract is up for renewal, it’s been pushed back a couple of times. But the city is rightfully angry because they’re paying the money but don’t have the authority,” Meieran said."
[snip]

https://www.koin.com/local/multnomah-county/commissioner-multco-portland-have-no-actual-plan-to-address-homelessness/

TB

Re: Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to address homelessness

<7lafM.2304372$t5W7.114689@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19346&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19346

Subject: Re: Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to address
homelessness
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 20:52:19 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 00:52 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> I love this woman. It's like she's saying the Emperor has no
> clothes.
>
> (Basically, Multnomah county is Portland, with some extra bits here
> and there. They are only part of the metropolitan area.)
>
> "PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Multnomah County Commissioner Sharon
> Meieran says the Joint Office of Homeless Services — a
> partnership between Multnomah County and the City of Portland —
> has no plan to address homelessness, citing a lack of coordination
> between the government agencies and lawmakers focusing on talking
> points rather than solutions to the crisis.
>
> In late May, The City of Portland said it will extend its contract
> with Multnomah County to fund the Joint Office of Homeless
> Services, which aims to provide housing, shelter, health and job
> placement services for people facing homelessness.
>
> The one-year contract extension comes after talk of splitting up
> the joint office. However, city leaders said they would give $43
> million to the county, with strings attached — including
> guidelines in the contract for how that money would be spent and
> proof that homelessness is reduced.
>
> Multnomah County runs the joint office while the City of Portland
> supplies the funding.
>
> Commissioner Meieran is calling for the county and the city to come
> up with a coordinated plan to address homelessness and unspent
> funds that could be going towards homeless services.
>
> “A lot of people would reasonably expect the Joint Office of
> Homeless Services to truly be a Joint Office of Homeless Services.
> In reality, the Joint Office of Homeless Services is a county
> department — the county chair oversees it, and the city just
> gives a bunch of money without any authority to the joint
> office,” Meieran said.
>
> “So, these decisions being made are not prioritizing a lot of the
> city’s priorities and that’s been since its inception. So,
> there’s a contract that governs the joint office, don’t know
> why the city signed on to it in the first place, but that contract
> is up for renewal, it’s been pushed back a couple of times. But
> the city is rightfully angry because they’re paying the money but
> don’t have the authority,” Meieran said." [snip]
>
> https://www.koin.com/local/multnomah-county/commissioner-multco-portland-have-no-actual-plan-to-address-homelessness/

HawHawHaw! Of course they have no plan. They're dumbasses.
Hire the alchemists. If they can transmogrify bullshit into gold, they
can certainly rehome the unhomed.
HawHawHaw!

--
bill

Re: Multnomah County and Portland have no plan to address homelessness

<u5je1e$42i9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19348&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19348

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
homelessness
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 01:33:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:03W1LKqItsd6Qnh8yiKlY2GBw8c=
 by: George.Anthony - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 01:33 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:

> I love this woman. It's like she's saying the Emperor has no clothes.
>
> (Basically, Multnomah county is Portland, with some extra bits
> here and there. They are only part of the metropolitan area.)
>
> "PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Multnomah County Commissioner Sharon Meieran
> says the Joint Office of Homeless Services — a partnership between
> Multnomah County and the City of Portland — has no plan to address
> homelessness, citing a lack of coordination between the government
> agencies and lawmakers focusing on talking points rather than solutions to the crisis.
>
> In late May, The City of Portland said it will extend its contract with
> Multnomah County to fund the Joint Office of Homeless Services, which
> aims to provide housing, shelter, health and job placement services for
> people facing homelessness.
>
> The one-year contract extension comes after talk of splitting up the
> joint office. However, city leaders said they would give $43 million to
> the county, with strings attached — including guidelines in the contract
> for how that money would be spent and proof that homelessness is reduced.
>
> Multnomah County runs the joint office while the City of Portland supplies the funding.
>
> Commissioner Meieran is calling for the county and the city to come up
> with a coordinated plan to address homelessness and unspent funds that
> could be going towards homeless services.
>
> “A lot of people would reasonably expect the Joint Office of Homeless
> Services to truly be a Joint Office of Homeless Services. In reality, the
> Joint Office of Homeless Services is a county department — the county
> chair oversees it, and the city just gives a bunch of money without any
> authority to the joint office,” Meieran said.
>
> “So, these decisions being made are not prioritizing a lot of the city’s
> priorities and that’s been since its inception. So, there’s a contract
> that governs the joint office, don’t know why the city signed on to it in
> the first place, but that contract is up for renewal, it’s been pushed
> back a couple of times. But the city is rightfully angry because they’re
> paying the money but don’t have the authority,” Meieran said."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.koin.com/local/multnomah-county/commissioner-multco-portland-have-no-actual-plan-to-address-homelessness/
>
> TB

House them under the waterfall.

--
Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views
are wrong but they stick with them anyway.