Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 10:18:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Roxanne Arlen, d. February 22, 1989
From: andrewtl...@gmail.com (Andrew Lennox)
 by: Andrew Lennox - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 17:18 UTC

On Wednesday, February 22, 2006 at 8:33:29 AM UTC, Brad Ferguson wrote:
> In article <1140586211.7...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> <robertc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > We once discovered a good deal of information about one of the stars of
> > another black-and-white game show, Joan Alexander of "The Name's the
> > Same." It might be interesting to see what we can come up with about a
> > woman who was, a long, long time ago, one of the most famous women in
> > America.
> Theer are six women named Dolores, born on 20 March 1928, listed in the
> SSDI. None of them is obviously Roxanne; their middle initials aren't
> right, etc.
> There are 34 entries for Thomas Roddy, and about half a dozen of them
> could be her husband. Roddy is described as a "New York businessman,"
> but none of the entries got his SS card in new York. However, four of
> them did get their cards in Minnesota (where Roxanne was born) and two,
> perhaps three, of them are the right age to have married her.
> No significant Google hits on Jill Roddy, the name of Roxanne's
> daughter, born in 1955.

I worked with Roxanne Arlen in London at the back end of the 1980s not long before she died. I was an actor in a fringe play that Roxanne directed. She was using her married name of Shaffer. I remember her telling me at the time that she had played Miss Electra in the movie "Gypsy'. Sadly, she was not only morbidly obese at the time I knew her, but she chain smoked throughout rehearsals. Although I can remember almost nothing of the production, I do recall she was a lovely lady and we got on very well.

Re: Roxanne Arlen, d. February 22, 1989

<7362e772-24b5-40e1-96b4-eec34e28a3e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19389&group=alt.obituaries#19389

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 03:29:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: trek...@gmail.com (L Rogers)
 by: L Rogers - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 10:29 UTC