From: me...@privacy.net (JackPineSavage)
Newsgroups: alt.military.retired
Subject: DFAS Scam Alert
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:50:21 -0500
 by: JackPineSavage - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 23:50 UTC

Scam Alert: Fake DFAS SmartDocs emails and text messages are being sent
with links, requesting personal information or even reporting false
problems with your pay. Real DFAS SmartDocs don't ask for information
and won't provide live links. Be safe by avoiding URLs that direct you
to improper myPay sites. The proper sites are: myPay
(https://mypay.dfas.mil/) or link through the DFAS (www.dfas.mil)
website. Lastly, make sure you manually type URLs into your browser for
extra precaution.

Re: DFAS Scam Alert

<tfn53c$27nea$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1943&group=alt.military.retired#1943

From: gordian...@hotmail.com (Jim_Higgins)
Newsgroups: alt.military.retired
Subject: Re: DFAS Scam Alert
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 07:27:40 -0400
 by: Jim_Higgins - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 11:27 UTC

On 9/9/22 7:50 PM, JackPineSavage wrote:
> Scam Alert: Fake DFAS SmartDocs emails and text messages are being sent
> with links, requesting personal information or even reporting false
> problems with your pay. Real DFAS SmartDocs don't ask for information
> and won't provide live links. Be safe by avoiding URLs that direct you
> to improper myPay sites.  The proper sites are: myPay
> (https://mypay.dfas.mil/) or link through the DFAS (www.dfas.mil)
> website.  Lastly, make sure you manually type URLs into your browser for
> extra precaution.
Good work Jack.
--
The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A7ZO7XQSr4