"Whom are you?" said he, for he had been to night school. -- George Ade

interests / soc.culture.polish / Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi

SubjectAuthor
* Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemiBasia
`* Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemiPiotr
 +- Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemiRusset Bulba
 +* Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemibrat_olin
 |`- Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemiPiotr
 `- Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemiBasia

1
Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi

<e7e0e326-e8f7-4e78-8c79-557f54a8978bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19620&group=soc.culture.polish#19620

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 22:13:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi
From: abjj...@sbcglobal.net (Basia)
 by: Basia - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 06:13 UTC

Polish Muslims bury Syrian, 19, who drowned near Belarus border

Ahmad al-Hasan’s body was found in the Bug River in eastern Poland after he drowned while trying to cross over from Belarus

Bohoniki, Poland – His name was Ahmad al-Hasan and he was 19. He wanted to continue his education, which he began in a Syrian refugee camp in Jordan.

But his dreams will never come true.

On October 19, his body was found in the Bug river in eastern Poland, close to the Belarus border.

According to his companion who survived, al-Hasan was pushed to enter the water by a Belarusian guard. He could not swim.

On Monday evening, he was laid to rest in a grave at a Muslim cemetery in Bohoniki, a few kilometres away from the Belarus border, as his family members in Jordan and Turkey watched the ceremony via video-link.

The imam did not perform traditional ablutions. After a month in a morgue in Poland, al-Hasan’s remains were too decomposed.

Reciting prayers, Imam Aleksander Bazarewicz’s voice resounded far into the dark, gloomy woodlands. Dozens surrounded the grave to pay the last respects.

“This is not the end. Death is not a tragedy, it only means that God has a better place for him. He died a tragic death, he drowned so he has a status of a shahid, of a martyr,” the imam said.

Three Muslims present, like al-Hasan, were refugees who came to Poland seeking a better life. Two were members of the local Tatar community.

Kasim Shady, a doctor from Syria who has made Poland his home, broadcast the ceremony on his phone to al-Hasan’s relatives.

May he rest in peace,” Shady said. “I am a refugee too and I managed to build my life here. I am a doctor. But many people didn’t manage to escape. We are happy that our brothers agreed to bury him here. We wanted more people to come, but not everyone could join us.”

At least 11 people have been reported to have died at the Polish-Belarus border in recent weeks.

(...)

For the local Muslims of Bohoniki, the crisis at the border is a test.

Tatars have lived in the Polish-Belarus borderland for centuries.

They were invited to the territory in the second half of the 17th century by John III Sobieski, king of Poland and grand duke of Lithuania, to help his army defend the kingdom.

Ever since, Bohoniki and Kruszyniany, two villages close to the Belarus border have been the centre of Islam in Poland.

Tatars loyally served the king and consecutive governments and fought for Poland in the 20th-century wars.

In 1919, they organised their own regiment, fighting alongside the Polish army and proudly bearing a Muslim crescent on their uniforms.

But the descendants of Tatar defenders of Polish borders are reluctant to accept the current narrative and actions of the Polish government.

For them, people looking for shelter at the Polish-Belarus border are not a threat. They are people, brothers in faith, whose lives are being lost.

“We should give them water and food. They are not a threat. They are afraid of us, they don’t know how people will act when they see them. I feel so sorry for them, for the children, the little children. People are warm at home and these people are outside, in one piece of clothing, it’s incredible how they survive,” said Ali, a Muslim Tatar..

“I feel bad. Once, [Jarosław] Kaczynski (leader of the governing Law and Justice (PiS) party) said that Poland is for Poles and Catholics.. It breaks my heart. There are also Orthodox Christians here and Muslims, Tatars, so how can someone say that?”

Officially, the Muslim community does not criticise the government’s actions.

But local Muslims, together with activists across the country, have been involved in gathering sleeping bags and warm clothes for refugees scattered across the Polish woodlands.

After the funeral, a small mound covered al-Hasan’s grave.

Imam Bazarewicz put a large pine tree branch on top. Activists left a red lamp next to it, the same type of light they use while floundering the forests looking for people in need.

“There is no good in this world. But we cannot give up. We have to support people, we have to feed them,” said Eugenia, 75, a local Muslim Tatar. “I’ve never thought something like that would be possible.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/11/16/syrians-mourn-death-of-19-year-old-boy-who-drowned-near-poland

Local Imam Aleksander Bazarewicz held the traditional prayers before accompanying the coffin to the Muslim Tatar cemetery. Here the man was buried alongside another young man, 19-year-old Syrian Ahmed Al Hasan, who drowned in a river after trying to cross into Poland and whose funeral took place on Monday.

The body of the latest victim, who has not yet been identified, was reportedly retrieved on October 22 near Kuznica.

https://youtu.be/0c-8Jl89wcI

Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi

<7c00e86b-15c0-4953-b0bc-dea835cf6086n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19632&group=soc.culture.polish#19632

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 04:28:17 -0800 (PST)
From: petre...@gmail.com (Piotr)
 by: Piotr - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 12:28 UTC

to imigracja do Niemiec jest teraz dzihadem ?

Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi

<da29b024-ee35-466d-abcc-1986324f37e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19635&group=soc.culture.polish#19635

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 04:46:36 -0800 (PST)
From: cyrylmet...@gmail.com (Russet Bulba)
 by: Russet Bulba - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 12:46 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 8:28:18 AM UTC-4, Piotr wrote:
> to imigracja do Niemiec jest teraz dzihadem ?

Przeciez jest. U pana Piotra dostepne i jakze polecane oraz popularne:

https://www.amazon.ca/STEALTH-INVASION-Leo-Hohmann/dp/1944229582

Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi

<6bcc2a6b-0b90-4346-87c0-f5f842d7098cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19636&group=soc.culture.polish#19636

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 04:47:37 -0800 (PST)
From: bratol...@gmail.com (brat_olin)
 by: brat_olin - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 12:47 UTC

Piotr wrote:

> to imigracja do Niemiec jest teraz dzihadem ?

Imigracja?

--
Smart questions to stupid answers

Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi

<24dd7ebc-b723-4702-bc87-7e41e7a283d9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19646&group=soc.culture.polish#19646

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 06:12:36 -0800 (PST)
From: abjj...@sbcglobal.net (Basia)
 by: Basia - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 14:12 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 4:28:18 AM UTC-8, Piotr wrote:

> to imigracja do Niemiec jest teraz dzihadem ?

Przez PRL-bis nie ma watpliwosci.

Re: Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi

<7f8bd12c-d4e3-4d6f-add4-dd2cdccbec53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19698&group=soc.culture.polish#19698

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 13:33:37 -0800 (PST)
From: petre...@gmail.com (Piotr)
 by: Piotr - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 21:33 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 9:17:38 AM UTC-3:30, brat_olin wrote:
> Piotr wrote:
>
> > to imigracja do Niemiec jest teraz dzihadem ?
> Imigracja?

Znak zapytania?

interests / soc.culture.polish / Kolejni meczennicy spoczeli w Bialostockiej ziemi