Teachers have class.

interests / alt.politics / Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

SubjectAuthor
* Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox NewsBradley K. Sherman
`* Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News25B.Z969
 +* Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox NewsBradley K. Sherman
 |`* Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News25B.Z969
 | `* Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox NewsWhatawonderfulworld
 |  `* Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News25B.Z969
 |   `* Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox NewsWhatawonderfulworld
 |    `- Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News25B.Z969
 `* Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox NewsWhatawonderfulworld
  `* Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox NewsKen
   `- Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News25B.Z969

1
Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<tdavjt$q7d$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19584&group=alt.politics#19584

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News
Date: 14 Aug 2022 14:07:57 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 14:07 UTC

| But Dominion's $1.6 billion case against Fox has been
| steadily progressing in Delaware state court this summer,
| inching ever closer to trial. There have been no moves from
| either side toward a settlement, according to interviews
| with several people involved in the case. The two companies
| are deep into document discovery, combing through years of
| each other's emails and text messages, and taking
| depositions.
| The case threatens a huge financial and reputational blow
| to Fox, by far the most powerful conservative media company
| in the country. But legal scholars say it also has the
| potential to deliver a powerful verdict on the kind of
| pervasive and pernicious falsehoods -- and the people who
| spread them -- that are undermining the country's faith in
| democracy.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/13/business/media/fox-dominion-lawsuit-first-amendment.html>

--bks

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<tdc51j$4ql$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19616&group=alt.politics#19616

From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 20:46:43 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 00:46 UTC

Is this the latest Hush Hannity initiative ?

Independent entities HAVE shown that the things, like
pretty much any computer-based device, CAN be hacked.
The methods I've heard described are NOT very useful
for affecting a large public election however - too
much work, too great a chance of being caught. Still,
they CAN be hacked.

Face it, way too many Americans were eager to get rid
of the horrible orange man. They thought *anything*
would be better. They've now learned different, big time.
The orange man - or annointed surrogate - will win again.

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<tdc5je$8$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19617&group=alt.politics#19617

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 00:56:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 00:56 UTC

In article <tdc51j$4ql$1@gioia.aioe.org>, 25B.Z969 <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote:
>Is this the latest Hush Hannity initiative ?
In this case it's Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine
Pirro who told outright lies. Fox is going to lose a bundle.

--bks

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<gtiKK.793607$wIO9.80648@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19620&group=alt.politics#19620

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
From: foo...@foobar.com (Whatawonderfulworld)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 02:47:40 GMT
 by: Whatawonderfulworld - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 02:47 UTC

"25B.Z969" <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote in news:tdc51j$4ql$1@gioia.aioe.org:

> Is this the latest Hush Hannity initiative ?
>
> Independent entities HAVE shown that the things, like
> pretty much any computer-based device, CAN be hacked.
> The methods I've heard described are NOT very useful
> for affecting a large public election however - too
> much work, too great a chance of being caught. Still,
> they CAN be hacked.
>
> Face it, way too many Americans were eager to get rid
> of the horrible orange man. They thought *anything*
> would be better. They've now learned different, big time.
> The orange man - or annointed surrogate - will win again.

Frankly i though the USA was doing pretty good compared to what is
happening world wide. And your President hasn't pissed off any of the US's
allies so far.

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<tdccdj$3jd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19621&group=alt.politics#19621

From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 22:52:34 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 02:52 UTC

On 8/14/22 8:56 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> In article <tdc51j$4ql$1@gioia.aioe.org>, 25B.Z969 <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote:
>> Is this the latest Hush Hannity initiative ?
>
> In this case it's Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine
> Pirro who told outright lies. Fox is going to lose a bundle.

Not a penny.

Indeed FOX can prove those machines CAN be hacked
and bring counter-charges that FOX has been attacked
as part of a corporate cover-up. Americans REALLY
don't trust Big Corp ... often for good reasons.

The PROBLEM Dominion faces has nothing to do with the
actual election outcome - it's premise revolves around
the integrity of its hardware & software. It's no
better than yer average Winders laptop, maybe a bit worse.
THAT line of reasoning they'll LOSE, big time. FOX can
line-up 14-year olds who'll crack the thing like an egg,
one after another.

Now was the ELECTION lost because of Dominion ? Nope.
It was lost because of typical human stupidity - and
Trumps gawdawful personality. But that's not what the
proposed lawsuit is ABOUT. They chose the wrong dog
to lead the sled.

But winning really ISN'T the point - it's harassment.

A few years ago I detailed how to make an un-hackable
e-vote machine - fairly cheap. It's not hard, but
no corp is interested. I wonder why ? :-)

Actually the greater threat isn't at the voting-machine
level at all, but at the layers above that count and
pass along the totals. Far fewer. easier to hack without
being detected ...

What becomes of 'democracies' when the general public
no longer trusts the methods of gathering votes ? It
becomes taxation/rule without representation. That's
been known to cause, umm, issues .....

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<sxjKK.793608$wIO9.645252@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19624&group=alt.politics#19624

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
From: foo...@foobar.com (Whatawonderfulworld)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 04:00:24 GMT
 by: Whatawonderfulworld - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 04:00 UTC

> On 8/14/22 8:56 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> In article <tdc51j$4ql$1@gioia.aioe.org>, 25B.Z969
>> <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote:
>>> Is this the latest Hush Hannity initiative ?
>>
>> In this case it's Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine
>> Pirro who told outright lies. Fox is going to lose a bundle.
>
> Not a penny.
>
> Indeed FOX can prove those machines CAN be hacked
> and bring counter-charges that FOX has been attacked
> as part of a corporate cover-up. Americans REALLY
> don't trust Big Corp ... often for good reasons.
>
> The PROBLEM Dominion faces has nothing to do with the
> actual election outcome - it's premise revolves around
> the integrity of its hardware & software. It's no
> better than yer average Winders laptop, maybe a bit worse.
> THAT line of reasoning they'll LOSE, big time. FOX can
> line-up 14-year olds who'll crack the thing like an egg,
> one after another.
>
> Now was the ELECTION lost because of Dominion ? Nope.
> It was lost because of typical human stupidity - and
> Trumps gawdawful personality. But that's not what the
> proposed lawsuit is ABOUT. They chose the wrong dog
> to lead the sled.
>
> But winning really ISN'T the point - it's harassment.
>
> A few years ago I detailed how to make an un-hackable
> e-vote machine - fairly cheap. It's not hard, but
> no corp is interested. I wonder why ? :-)
>
> Actually the greater threat isn't at the voting-machine
> level at all, but at the layers above that count and
> pass along the totals. Far fewer. easier to hack without
> being detected ...
>
> What becomes of 'democracies' when the general public
> no longer trusts the methods of gathering votes ? It
> becomes taxation/rule without representation. That's
> been known to cause, umm, issues .....

Er, don't connect them to networks ? No need too, keep them in a secured
room, Unless these 14yo's are really good at boring through a concrete
floor, passing an armed guard, and then "hacking" into the system , they
are going to be 100% secure.

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<tdcio7$1jvb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19625&group=alt.politics#19625

From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 00:40:39 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 04:40 UTC

On 8/15/22 12:00 AM, Whatawonderfulworld wrote:
> "25B.Z969" <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote in
>
>> On 8/14/22 8:56 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>>>
>>> In this case it's Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine
>>> Pirro who told outright lies. Fox is going to lose a bundle.
>>
>> Not a penny.
>>
>> Indeed FOX can prove those machines CAN be hacked
>> and bring counter-charges that FOX has been attacked
>> as part of a corporate cover-up. Americans REALLY
>> don't trust Big Corp ... often for good reasons.
>>
>> The PROBLEM Dominion faces has nothing to do with the
>> actual election outcome - it's premise revolves around
>> the integrity of its hardware & software. It's no
>> better than yer average Winders laptop, maybe a bit worse.
>> THAT line of reasoning they'll LOSE, big time. FOX can
>> line-up 14-year olds who'll crack the thing like an egg,
>> one after another.
>>
>> Now was the ELECTION lost because of Dominion ? Nope.
>> It was lost because of typical human stupidity - and
>> Trumps gawdawful personality. But that's not what the
>> proposed lawsuit is ABOUT. They chose the wrong dog
>> to lead the sled.
>>
>> But winning really ISN'T the point - it's harassment.
>>
>> A few years ago I detailed how to make an un-hackable
>> e-vote machine - fairly cheap. It's not hard, but
>> no corp is interested. I wonder why ? :-)
>>
>> Actually the greater threat isn't at the voting-machine
>> level at all, but at the layers above that count and
>> pass along the totals. Far fewer. easier to hack without
>> being detected ...
>>
>> What becomes of 'democracies' when the general public
>> no longer trusts the methods of gathering votes ? It
>> becomes taxation/rule without representation. That's
>> been known to cause, umm, issues .....
>>

> Er, don't connect them to networks ? No need too, keep them in a secured
> room, Unless these 14yo's are really good at boring through a concrete
> floor, passing an armed guard, and then "hacking" into the system , they
> are going to be 100% secure.

I'd proposed motherboards with soldered-in chips, running
a very restricted flavor of HTML. You can build ballot
forms and NOTHING ELSE. As it's all simple, you CAN
solder-in the ROMs, no updates ever needed.

Anyway, as I said, I'm less worried about individual
e-vote units - too many, too easy to get caught messing
around with them (and you have to UN-mess them quickly
afterwards too). The risks are further up in the system.
Now MAIL-IN votes - they should be forbidden by law(s).
WAY too easy to corrupt THAT method.

I kinda like a method used in some 2nd/3rd-world countries.
It's not "secret votes" per-se ... you dip your finger in
an indelible purple ink and put yer fingerprint on the ballot
as a signature. No double-voting there !

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<oqmKK.88190$Sf2.457@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19627&group=alt.politics#19627

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
From: foo...@foobar.com (Whatawonderfulworld)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 07:17:40 GMT
 by: Whatawonderfulworld - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 07:17 UTC

"25B.Z969" <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote in news:tdcio7$1jvb$1
@gioia.aioe.org:

> On 8/15/22 12:00 AM, Whatawonderfulworld wrote:
>> "25B.Z969" <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote in

>>> Not a penny.
>>>
>>> Indeed FOX can prove those machines CAN be hacked
>>> and bring counter-charges that FOX has been attacked
>>> as part of a corporate cover-up. Americans REALLY
>>> don't trust Big Corp ... often for good reasons.
>>>
>>> The PROBLEM Dominion faces has nothing to do with the
>>> actual election outcome - it's premise revolves around
>>> the integrity of its hardware & software. It's no
>>> better than yer average Winders laptop, maybe a bit worse.
>>> THAT line of reasoning they'll LOSE, big time. FOX can
>>> line-up 14-year olds who'll crack the thing like an egg,
>>> one after another.
>>>
>>> Now was the ELECTION lost because of Dominion ? Nope.
>>> It was lost because of typical human stupidity - and
>>> Trumps gawdawful personality. But that's not what the
>>> proposed lawsuit is ABOUT. They chose the wrong dog
>>> to lead the sled.
>>>
>>> But winning really ISN'T the point - it's harassment.
>>>
>>> A few years ago I detailed how to make an un-hackable
>>> e-vote machine - fairly cheap. It's not hard, but
>>> no corp is interested. I wonder why ? :-)
>>>
>>> Actually the greater threat isn't at the voting-machine
>>> level at all, but at the layers above that count and
>>> pass along the totals. Far fewer. easier to hack without
>>> being detected ...
>>>
>>> What becomes of 'democracies' when the general public
>>> no longer trusts the methods of gathering votes ? It
>>> becomes taxation/rule without representation. That's
>>> been known to cause, umm, issues .....
>>>

>> Er, don't connect them to networks ? No need too, keep them in a
secured
>> room, Unless these 14yo's are really good at boring through a
concrete
>> floor, passing an armed guard, and then "hacking" into the system ,
they
>> are going to be 100% secure.
>
> I'd proposed motherboards with soldered-in chips, running
> a very restricted flavor of HTML. You can build ballot
> forms and NOTHING ELSE. As it's all simple, you CAN
> solder-in the ROMs, no updates ever needed.
>
> Anyway, as I said, I'm less worried about individual
> e-vote units - too many, too easy to get caught messing
> around with them (and you have to UN-mess them quickly
> afterwards too). The risks are further up in the system.
> Now MAIL-IN votes - they should be forbidden by law(s).
> WAY too easy to corrupt THAT method.

Er ok , so cite how many mail in votes were actually not valid ?
(I'll let you not count the ones proven to be by Republicans.)

> I kinda like a method used in some 2nd/3rd-world countries.
> It's not "secret votes" per-se ... you dip your finger in
> an indelible purple ink and put yer fingerprint on the ballot
> as a signature. No double-voting there !

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<tdd9r2$3jrsl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19628&group=alt.politics#19628

From: Ken...@invalid.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 06:14:40 -0500
 by: Ken - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 11:14 UTC

Whatawonderfulworld wrote:
> "25B.Z969" <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote in news:tdc51j$4ql$1@gioia.aioe.org:
>
>> Is this the latest Hush Hannity initiative ?
>>
>> Independent entities HAVE shown that the things, like
>> pretty much any computer-based device, CAN be hacked.
>> The methods I've heard described are NOT very useful
>> for affecting a large public election however - too
>> much work, too great a chance of being caught. Still,
>> they CAN be hacked.
>>
>> Face it, way too many Americans were eager to get rid
>> of the horrible orange man. They thought *anything*
>> would be better. They've now learned different, big time.
>> The orange man - or annointed surrogate - will win again.
>
> Frankly i though the USA was doing pretty good compared to what is
> happening world wide. And your President hasn't pissed off any of the US's
> allies so far.

Our current president does not know where he is, let alone what needs to
be done. Perhaps that is why he has not pissed off our allies. As for
the voting machines: It is not surprising that voters do not trust the
vote tally, especially after seeing what the DOJ, congress, and the
administration have done in the last 18 months.

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<hn2dndetULB4RGf_nZ2dnZfqn_rNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19645&group=alt.politics#19645

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 19:43:24 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 23:43 UTC

On 8/15/22 3:17 AM, Whatawonderfulworld wrote:
> "25B.Z969" <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote in news:tdcio7$1jvb$1
> @gioia.aioe.org:
>
>> On 8/15/22 12:00 AM, Whatawonderfulworld wrote:
>>> "25B.Z969" <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote in

>>> Er, don't connect them to networks ? No need too, keep them in a
> secured
>>> room, Unless these 14yo's are really good at boring through a
> concrete
>>> floor, passing an armed guard, and then "hacking" into the system ,
> they
>>> are going to be 100% secure.
>>
>> I'd proposed motherboards with soldered-in chips, running
>> a very restricted flavor of HTML. You can build ballot
>> forms and NOTHING ELSE. As it's all simple, you CAN
>> solder-in the ROMs, no updates ever needed.
>>
>> Anyway, as I said, I'm less worried about individual
>> e-vote units - too many, too easy to get caught messing
>> around with them (and you have to UN-mess them quickly
>> afterwards too). The risks are further up in the system.
>> Now MAIL-IN votes - they should be forbidden by law(s).
>> WAY too easy to corrupt THAT method.
>
> Er ok , so cite how many mail in votes were actually not valid ?
> (I'll let you not count the ones proven to be by Republicans.)

Ah ... well you've pinpointed THE problem - it's too hard
to discern a valid one from a fake. The numbers and logistics
(and politics) make it pretty much impossible. Ergo, they
can't be used anymore - from the race for dog-catcher on up.

So, you just answered your own question.

>> I kinda like a method used in some 2nd/3rd-world countries.
>> It's not "secret votes" per-se ... you dip your finger in
>> an indelible purple ink and put yer fingerprint on the ballot
>> as a signature. No double-voting there !

Re: Dominion May Collect $1,000,000,000 From Fox News

<tdpfd2$109v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19721&group=alt.politics#19721

From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 22:03:14 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 02:03 UTC

On 8/15/22 7:14 AM, Ken wrote:
> Whatawonderfulworld wrote:
>> "25B.Z969" <25B.Z969@noda.net> wrote in news:tdc51j$4ql$1@gioia.aioe.org:
>>
>>> Is this the latest Hush Hannity initiative ?
>>>
>>> Independent entities HAVE shown that the things, like
>>> pretty much any computer-based device, CAN be hacked.
>>> The methods I've heard described are NOT very useful
>>> for affecting a large public election however - too
>>> much work, too great a chance of being caught. Still,
>>> they CAN be hacked.
>>>
>>> Face it, way too many Americans were eager to get rid
>>> of the horrible orange man. They thought *anything*
>>> would be better. They've now learned different, big time.
>>> The orange man - or annointed surrogate - will win again.
>>
>> Frankly i though the USA was doing pretty good compared to what is
>> happening world wide. And your President hasn't pissed off any of the
>> US's
>> allies so far.
>>
> Our current president does not know where he is, let alone what needs to
> be done.  Perhaps that is why he has not pissed off our allies.  As for
> the voting machines:  It is not surprising that voters do not trust the
> vote tally, especially after seeing what the DOJ, congress, and the
> administration have done in the last 18 months.

The allies are too busy LAUGHING to be 'offended'.