A day without orange juice is like a day without orange juice.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

SubjectAuthor
* Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristTechnobarbarian
`* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christsticks
 `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristMike Van Pelt
  +- Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christkmiller
  `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristDon Lampson
   +* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christbfh
   |`* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristDon Lampson
   | `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christbfh
   |  `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristDon Lampson
   |   `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christbfh
   |    `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristDon Lampson
   |     +- Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christbfh
   |     `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christsticks
   |      `- Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christrobert caprel
   `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christsticks
    `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristMike Van Pelt
     +* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christsticks
     |`- Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristGeorge.Anthony
     `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christkmiller
      `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christsticks
       `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of ChristGeorge.Anthony
        `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christsticks
         `* Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christjerry.osage
          `- Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christdm_callier

1
Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<83ccfaf9-2fd6-40be-b405-33b513723075n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19900&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19900

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 12:04:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 19:04 UTC

"In his NPR interview, Moore suggested that Trump had transformed the political landscape in the U.S. to the point where some Christian conservatives are openly denouncing a central doctrine of their religion as being too "weak" and "liberal" for their liking.

"Multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in their preaching—'turn the other cheek'—[and] to have someone come up after to say, 'Where did you get those liberal talking points?'" Moore said.

"When the pastor would say, 'I'm literally quoting Jesus Christ' ... The response would be, 'Yes, but that doesn't work anymore. That's weak," he added. "When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we're in a crisis.""

https://www.newsweek.com/evangelicals-rejecting-jesus-teachings-liberal-talking-points-pastor-1818706

That's pretty much their attitude about the constitution. And the government, and the law, and many other things.

TB

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ub6ie4$11g7j$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19909&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19909

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 19:06:28 -0500
 by: sticks - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 00:06 UTC

On 8/10/2023 2:04 PM, TechnoBoob wrote:
> "In his NPR interview, Moore suggested that Trump had transformed the political landscape in the U.S. to the point where some Christian conservatives are openly denouncing a central doctrine of their religion as being too "weak" and "liberal" for their liking.
>
> "Multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in their preaching—'turn the other cheek'—[and] to have someone come up after to say, 'Where did you get those liberal talking points?'" Moore said.
>
> "When the pastor would say, 'I'm literally quoting Jesus Christ' ... The response would be, 'Yes, but that doesn't work anymore. That's weak," he added. "When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we're in a crisis.""
>
> https://www.newsweek.com/evangelicals-rejecting-jesus-teachings-liberal-talking-points-pastor-1818706
>
> That's pretty much their attitude about the constitution. And the government, and the law, and many other things.

Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to
hear from a Godless Pagan giving his impression of an NPR propaganda
interview reported on the Democrat party mouthpiece newsweek magazine
website quoting a disgraced Never-Trumper who no one gives two shits
about what he says anymore. Right...

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ub70ea$171is$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19912&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19912

From: use...@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 04:05:30 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: mike@Mike-Laptop.localdomain (Mike-Laptop)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 04:05 UTC

In article <ub6ie4$11g7j$3@dont-email.me>,
sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
>On 8/10/2023 2:04 PM, TechnoBoob wrote:
>> "Multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in
>their preaching—'turn the other cheek'—[and] to have someone come up after to say, 'Where did you get those
>liberal talking points?'" Moore said.
>>
>> "When the pastor would say, 'I'm literally quoting Jesus Christ' ... The response would be, 'Yes, but that
>doesn't work anymore. That's weak," he added. "When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are
>seen as subversive to us, then we're in a crisis.""
>>
>> https://www.newsweek.com/evangelicals-rejecting-jesus-teachings-liberal-talking-points-pastor-1818706
>
>Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to
>hear from a Godless Pagan giving his impression of an NPR propaganda
>interview reported on the Democrat party mouthpiece newsweek magazine
>website quoting a disgraced Never-Trumper who no one gives two shits
>about what he says anymore. Right...

I have very serious doubts about the veracity of this tale of
alleged Christians allegedly directly denouncing red-letter
statements of Jesus straight from their King James (TM) Bible.

As someone who has despised Trump ever since he first impinged
on my awareness back in the 1980s, and never voted for the
SOB (What can I say, I lived in Commiefornia at the time,
and my vote was a meaningless gesture; I chose to make it
a "Plague on both your parties" gesture.) I find it very
telling that in this story that the only alleged Christians
who are putting their politics above Jesus are on the right.
No one on the left has ever, ever, EVER done, said, or believed
ANYTHING contrary to one bit of Christianity.

That tells me that this story is more partisan political
screed than factual.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<k7ecnX91N5MOpEX5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19928&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19928

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr2.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr2.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.27.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 19:01:55 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 02:01 UTC

On 8/11/2023 9:05 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <ub6ie4$11g7j$3@dont-email.me>,
> sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
>> On 8/10/2023 2:04 PM, TechnoBoob wrote:
>>> "Multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in
>> their preaching—'turn the other cheek'—[and] to have someone come up after to say, 'Where did you get those
>> liberal talking points?'" Moore said.
>>>
>>> "When the pastor would say, 'I'm literally quoting Jesus Christ' ... The response would be, 'Yes, but that
>> doesn't work anymore. That's weak," he added. "When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are
>> seen as subversive to us, then we're in a crisis.""
>>>
>>> https://www.newsweek.com/evangelicals-rejecting-jesus-teachings-liberal-talking-points-pastor-1818706
>>
>> Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to
>> hear from a Godless Pagan giving his impression of an NPR propaganda
>> interview reported on the Democrat party mouthpiece newsweek magazine
>> website quoting a disgraced Never-Trumper who no one gives two shits
>> about what he says anymore. Right...
>
> I have very serious doubts about the veracity of this tale of
> alleged Christians allegedly directly denouncing red-letter
> statements of Jesus straight from their King James (TM) Bible.
>
> As someone who has despised Trump ever since he first impinged
> on my awareness back in the 1980s, and never voted for the
> SOB (What can I say, I lived in Commiefornia at the time,
> and my vote was a meaningless gesture; I chose to make it
> a "Plague on both your parties" gesture.) I find it very
> telling that in this story that the only alleged Christians
> who are putting their politics above Jesus are on the right.
> No one on the left has ever, ever, EVER done, said, or believed
> ANYTHING contrary to one bit of Christianity.
>
> That tells me that this story is more partisan political
> screed than factual.

Let's join the party of the whatabouts.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<6401d071-4122-49b2-9eab-62fcab659db0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19929&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19929

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 19:51:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: donlamp...@gmail.com (Don Lampson)
 by: Don Lampson - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 02:51 UTC

On Friday, August 11, 2023 at 9:05:36 PM UTC-7, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <ub6ie4$11g7j$3...@dont-email.me>,
> sticks <wolve...@charter.net> wrote:
> >On 8/10/2023 2:04 PM, TechnoBoob wrote:
> >> "Multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in
> >their preaching—'turn the other cheek'—[and] to have someone come up after to say, 'Where did you get those
> >liberal talking points?'" Moore said.
> >>
> >> "When the pastor would say, 'I'm literally quoting Jesus Christ' ... The response would be, 'Yes, but that
> >doesn't work anymore. That's weak," he added. "When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are
> >seen as subversive to us, then we're in a crisis.""
> >>
> >> https://www.newsweek.com/evangelicals-rejecting-jesus-teachings-liberal-talking-points-pastor-1818706
> >
> >Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to
> >hear from a Godless Pagan giving his impression of an NPR propaganda
> >interview reported on the Democrat party mouthpiece newsweek magazine
> >website quoting a disgraced Never-Trumper who no one gives two shits
> >about what he says anymore. Right...
> I have very serious doubts about the veracity of this tale of
> alleged Christians allegedly directly denouncing red-letter
> statements of Jesus straight from their King James (TM) Bible.
>
> As someone who has despised Trump ever since he first impinged
> on my awareness back in the 1980s, and never voted for the
> SOB (What can I say, I lived in Commiefornia at the time,
> and my vote was a meaningless gesture; I chose to make it
> a "Plague on both your parties" gesture.) I find it very
> telling that in this story that the only alleged Christians
> who are putting their politics above Jesus are on the right.
> No one on the left has ever, ever, EVER done, said, or believed
> ANYTHING contrary to one bit of Christianity.
>
> That tells me that this story is more partisan political
> screed than factual.
>
> --
> Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
> mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane
> KE6BVH | Ike on Surfside Beach in Galveston

The left doesn't claim any religious affiliation with, or for, their call for government action, much unlike Evangelists do constantly... The left's political goals are secular humanist... The Christian right wants the whole nation to blindly follow their King, because he said so!

Father Devine Jr.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<00ZBM.593037$TPw2.22566@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19930&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19930

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 00:30:51 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 04:30 UTC

Don Lampson wrote:
> On Friday, August 11, 2023 at 9:05:36 PM UTC-7, Mike Van Pelt
> wrote:
>> In article <ub6ie4$11g7j$3...@dont-email.me>, sticks
>> <wolve...@charter.net> wrote:
>>> their preaching—'turn the other cheek'—[and] to have
>>> someone come up after to say, 'Where did you get those liberal
>>> talking points?'" Moore said.

>>> doesn't work anymore. That's weak," he added. "When we get to
>>> the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as
>>> subversive to us, then we're in a crisis.""

Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to
>>> hear from a Godless Pagan giving his impression of an NPR
>>> propaganda interview reported on the Democrat party mouthpiece
>>> newsweek magazine website quoting a disgraced Never-Trumper who
>>> no one gives two shits about what he says anymore. Right...
>> I have very serious doubts about the veracity of this tale of
>> alleged Christians allegedly directly denouncing red-letter
>> statements of Jesus straight from their King James (TM) Bible.
>>
>> As someone who has despised Trump ever since he first impinged on
>> my awareness back in the 1980s, and never voted for the SOB (What
>> can I say, I lived in Commiefornia at the time, and my vote was a
>> meaningless gesture; I chose to make it a "Plague on both your
>> parties" gesture.) I find it very telling that in this story that
>> the only alleged Christians who are putting their politics above
>> Jesus are on the right. No one on the left has ever, ever, EVER
>> done, said, or believed ANYTHING contrary to one bit of
>> Christianity.
>>
>> That tells me that this story is more partisan political screed
>> than factual.
>>
>> -- Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts." mvp at
>> calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane KE6BVH
>> | Ike on Surfside Beach in Galveston
>
> The left doesn't claim any religious affiliation with, or for,
> their call for government action, much unlike Evangelists do
> constantly... The left's political goals are secular humanist...
> The Christian right wants the whole nation to blindly follow their
> King, because he said so!

The left wants the whole nation to blindly follow their Science,
because they say so.

--
bill

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<94e584f3-2ee9-4b94-9bd3-c0ebfb545015n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19931&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19931

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 22:01:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: donlamp...@gmail.com (Don Lampson)
 by: Don Lampson - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 05:01 UTC

On Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 9:30:56 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Don Lampson wrote:
> > On Friday, August 11, 2023 at 9:05:36 PM UTC-7, Mike Van Pelt
> > wrote:

> Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to
> >> I have very serious doubts about the veracity of this tale of
> >> alleged Christians allegedly directly denouncing red-letter
> >> statements of Jesus straight from their King James (TM) Bible.
> >>
> >> As someone who has despised Trump ever since he first impinged on
> >> my awareness back in the 1980s, and never voted for the SOB (What
> >> can I say, I lived in Commiefornia at the time, and my vote was a
> >> meaningless gesture; I chose to make it a "Plague on both your
> >> parties" gesture.) I find it very telling that in this story that
> >> the only alleged Christians who are putting their politics above
> >> Jesus are on the right. No one on the left has ever, ever, EVER
> >> done, said, or believed ANYTHING contrary to one bit of
> >> Christianity.
> >>
> >> That tells me that this story is more partisan political screed
> >> than factual.
> >>
> >> -- Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts." mvp at
> >> calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane KE6BVH
> >
> > The left doesn't claim any religious affiliation with, or for,
> > their call for government action, much unlike Evangelists do
> > constantly... The left's political goals are secular humanist...
> > The Christian right wants the whole nation to blindly follow their
> > King, because he said so!
> The left wants the whole nation to blindly follow their Science,
> because they say so.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Sounds like a far more reasonable course of action to me... It's going with what's known, or at least indicated by available information, vs what an imaginary King up in the sky requires, with a 2,000 year old book of mythology, filled with inaccuracies , as their "evidence".....

Elmer Gantry Jr.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ON%BM.593039$TPw2.398738@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19932&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19932

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 03:40:30 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 07:40 UTC

Don Lampson wrote:
> On Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 9:30:56 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Don Lampson wrote:

Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to

>>> The left doesn't claim any religious affiliation with, or for,
>>> their call for government action, much unlike Evangelists do
>>> constantly... The left's political goals are secular
>>> humanist... The Christian right wants the whole nation to
>>> blindly follow their King, because he said so!
>> The left wants the whole nation to blindly follow their Science,
>> because they say so.
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Sounds like a far more reasonable course of action to me... It's
> going with what's known, or at least indicated by available
> information, vs what an imaginary King up in the sky requires,
> with a 2,000 year old book of mythology, filled with inaccuracies ,
> as their "evidence".....

There’s far more scientific fraud than anyone wants to admit....
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/09/scientific-misconduct-retraction-watch

And then there's the recent Faulsy shenanigans.

Science these days is not much different from religion - you pick
whatever piece of what is uniquely possibly bullshit that floats your
boat, and run with it.

‘We may be the last maskers’: California COVID cases are rising.
Here’s why health experts are masking indoors
13% increase in hospitalizations reported in three weeks
https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/08/02/we-may-be-the-last-maskers-covid-cases-are-rising-heres-why-health-experts-are-masking-indoors/

Are you following that science?

--
bill

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<d4a7c9db-c1d9-416d-bc09-e87ac4501fa9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19936&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19936

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 17:58:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: donlamp...@gmail.com (Don Lampson)
 by: Don Lampson - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 00:58 UTC

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 12:40:35 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Don Lampson wrote:

> Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to

> >> The left wants the whole nation to blindly follow their Science,
> >> because they say so.
> >>
> >> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > Sounds like a far more reasonable course of action to me... It's
> > going with what's known, or at least indicated by available
> > information, vs what an imaginary King up in the sky requires,
> > with a 2,000 year old book of mythology, filled with inaccuracies ,
> > as their "evidence".....
> There’s far more scientific fraud than anyone wants to admit....
> https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/09/scientific-misconduct-retraction-watch
>
> And then there's the recent Faulsy shenanigans.
>
> Science these days is not much different from religion - you pick
> whatever piece of what is uniquely possibly bullshit that floats your
> boat, and run with it.

> ‘We may be the last maskers’: California COVID cases are rising.
> Here’s why health experts are masking indoors
> 13% increase in hospitalizations reported in three weeks
> https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/08/02/we-may-be-the-last-maskers-covid-cases-are-rising-heres-why-health-experts-are-masking-indoors/
>
> Are you following that science?
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

I try, but as any believing Christian can tell you, "The path is fraught with obstructions, temptations, and feelings of guilt..."

An Occasional Secular Humanist Sinner

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<rqfCM.614807$AsA.59297@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19937&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19937

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 21:27:51 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 01:27 UTC

Don Lampson wrote:
> On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 12:40:35 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Don Lampson wrote:

Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to

>>> Sounds like a far more reasonable course of action to me...
>>> It's going with what's known, or at least indicated by
>>> available information, vs what an imaginary King up in the sky
>>> requires, with a 2,000 year old book of mythology, filled with
>>> inaccuracies , as their "evidence".....
>> There’s far more scientific fraud than anyone wants to
>> admit....
>> https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/09/scientific-misconduct-retraction-watch

And then there's the recent Faulsy shenanigans.

>> Science these days is not much different from religion - you
>> pick whatever piece of what is uniquely possibly bullshit that
>> floats your boat, and run with it.
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------- ‘We may be
>> the last maskers’: California COVID cases are rising. Here’s
>> why health experts are masking indoors 13% increase in
>> hospitalizations reported in three weeks
>> https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/08/02/we-may-be-the-last-maskers-covid-cases-are-rising-heres-why-health-experts-are-masking-indoors/

Are you following that science?
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> I try, but as any believing Christian can tell you, "The path is
> fraught with obstructions, temptations, and feelings of guilt..."

Well, as long as you're trying, feeling guilt, and don't take Fauci's
name in vain............

I'd pray for you, but it's been over 60 years since my last connection.

--
bill

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<7b8b8275-f61f-4d00-a2dc-531d20721953n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19938&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19938

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 19:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: donlamp...@gmail.com (Don Lampson)
 by: Don Lampson - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 02:56 UTC

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 6:27:55 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Don Lampson wrote:

> Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to

> >> There’s far more scientific fraud than anyone wants to
> >> admit....
> >> https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/09/scientific-misconduct-retraction-watch
> >>

> And then there's the recent Faulsy shenanigans.
> >>
> >> Science these days is not much different from religion - you
> >> pick whatever piece of what is uniquely possibly bullshit that
> >> floats your boat, and run with it.
> >>
> >> -------------------------------------------------- ‘We may be
> >> the last maskers’: California COVID cases are rising. Here’s
> >> why health experts are masking indoors 13% increase in
> >> hospitalizations reported in three weeks
> >> ----------------------------------------------------
> >> https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/08/02/we-may-be-the-last-maskers-covid-cases-are-rising-heres-why-health-experts-are-masking-indoors/
> >>

> Are you following that science?
> >> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > I try, but as any believing Christian can tell you, "The path is
> > fraught with obstructions, temptations, and feelings of guilt..."
> Well, as long as you're trying, feeling guilt, and don't take Fauci's
> name in vain............
>
> I'd pray for you, but it's been over 60 years since my last connection.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

In Secular Humanism, nobody is sacred, and can easily be replaced, or made a laughing stock of, by more advanced, scientific, "shot callers"...
Of course, I imagine whomever (using the scientific method) found that horse wormer, would cure Covid thought he'd had "a Eureka moment", too? Knowledge must always stumble through ignorance.....

A Son of Mr. Wizard

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<V8hCM.754468$GMN3.441195@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19939&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19939

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 23:25:40 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 03:25 UTC

Don Lampson wrote:
> On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 6:27:55 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Don Lampson wrote:

Yeah, when I want to understand where the Christian voter is I want to

And then there's the recent Faulsy shenanigans.

Are you following that science?

>>> I try, but as any believing Christian can tell you, "The path
>>> is fraught with obstructions, temptations, and feelings of
>>> guilt..."
>> Well, as long as you're trying, feeling guilt, and don't take
>> Fauci's name in vain............
>>
>> I'd pray for you, but it's been over 60 years since my last
>> connection. -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> In Secular Humanism, nobody is sacred, and can easily be replaced,
> or made a laughing stock of, by more advanced, scientific, "shot
> callers"... Of course, I imagine whomever (using the scientific
> method) found that horse wormer, would cure Covid thought he'd had
> "a Eureka moment", too? Knowledge must always stumble through
> ignorance.....

Just about everybody has some strawgraspers lurking in their brain.
Some people have a lot of them, some have very few. Billions of
dollars are made from the influence of those little nefarious
nanoscopic bastards.

--
bill

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ubdrdu$2e4k6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19942&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19942

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 13:22:53 -0500
 by: sticks - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 18:22 UTC

On 8/12/2023 9:51 PM, Don wrote:

> The left doesn't claim any religious affiliation with, or for, their call for government action, much unlike Evangelists do constantly... The left's political goals are secular humanist...

Evangelicals are like any other group and have the same rights to
address their government as those with opposing views. The constitution
guarantees this right. As a "secular humanist", you specifically view
the world in a way that rejects the words of our Declaration of
Independence that states, “all men are created equal, that they are
endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among
these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” The
constitution doesn't mention God, specifically because of the founders
intent in maintaining religious neutrality. The Preamble to the
Constitution declares that its purposes are “to form a more perfect
Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the
common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of
Liberty.” All secular ideals that flow from the the ideas invoked in
the Declaration of Independence and our separation from England and it's
Monarchy. The fact that the founders intended on not having a state
religion and allowing people to freely worship as they choose doesn't
mean Evangelicals lose their right to address the government, while at
the same time it is OK for an entire political movement (the left as you
claim above) that claims they specifically REJECT any belief in God to
have superior rights in running things. That would be kinda unfair, and
unconstitutional. You may not like religious people, but they do have
rights. They're the same as yours.

> The Christian right wants the whole nation to blindly follow their King, because he said so!

Silly thing to say.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ubds92$2e98q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19943&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19943

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 13:37:21 -0500
 by: sticks - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 18:37 UTC

On 8/13/2023 9:56 PM, Don Lampson wrote:
> In Secular Humanism, nobody is sacred, and can easily be replaced, or made a laughing stock of, by more advanced, scientific, "shot callers"...
> Of course, I imagine whomever (using the scientific method) found that horse wormer, would cure Covid thought he'd had "a Eureka moment", too? Knowledge must always stumble through ignorance.....

I assume you're speaking of ivermectin, a drug approved long ago for
human use with basically zero side effects that has been called a
"wonder drug" by the NIH. Are you unaware of the anti viral aspect of
the drug, or do you just like using leftwing talking points in calling
it a "horse wormer" to help Big Pharma and continue the campaign against
any remedial treatment for things like covid? If so, you're gonna end
up on the wrong side of history.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ubgfuo$2u48f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19948&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19948

From: use...@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:25:28 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: mike@Mike-Laptop.localdomain (Mike-Laptop)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:25 UTC

In article <ubdrdu$2e4k6$1@dont-email.me>,
sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
>On 8/12/2023 9:51 PM, Don wrote:
>> The Christian right wants the whole nation to blindly follow their King, because he said so!
>
>Silly thing to say.

There's not much point in trying to have a rational discussion with
someone who thinks "Landover Baptist Church" is real.

(I tried once. Even links to the Wikipedia article didn't convince 'em.)
--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane
KE6BVH | Ike on Surfside Beach in Galveston

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ubghes$2uekp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19949&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19949

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 13:51:07 -0500
 by: sticks - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:51 UTC

On 8/15/2023 1:25 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <ubdrdu$2e4k6$1@dont-email.me>,
> sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
>> On 8/12/2023 9:51 PM, Don wrote:
>>> The Christian right wants the whole nation to blindly follow their King, because he said so!
>>
>> Silly thing to say.
>
> There's not much point in trying to have a rational discussion with
> someone who thinks "Landover Baptist Church" is real.
>
> (I tried once. Even links to the Wikipedia article didn't convince 'em.)

That's funny. I'll keep it in mind, but I really don't expect any
rational responses from anything for much of what I write. It's usually
just an exercise, though probably a waste of time in the end. I mainly
just get a kick out of hearing what some of these people think.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<mvudnbOvOI4PU0b5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19950&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19950

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:14:28 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:14 UTC

On 8/15/2023 11:25 AM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <ubdrdu$2e4k6$1@dont-email.me>,
> sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
>> On 8/12/2023 9:51 PM, Don wrote:
>>> The Christian right wants the whole nation to blindly follow their King, because he said so!
>>
>> Silly thing to say.
>
> There's not much point in trying to have a rational discussion with
> someone who thinks "Landover Baptist Church" is real.
>
> (I tried once. Even links to the Wikipedia article didn't convince 'em.)

There's not much point in having rational discussions with those who
believe in talking bushes.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ubgkvo$2uscp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19952&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19952

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:51:21 -0500
 by: sticks - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:51 UTC

On 8/15/2023 2:14 PM, kmiller wrote:
> On 8/15/2023 11:25 AM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
>> In article <ubdrdu$2e4k6$1@dont-email.me>,
>> sticks  <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Silly thing to say.
>>
>> There's not much point in trying to have a rational discussion with
>> someone who thinks "Landover Baptist Church" is real.
>>
>> (I tried once.  Even links to the Wikipedia article didn't convince 'em.)
>
> There's not much point in having rational discussions with those who
> believe in talking bushes.

Never miss an opportunity to attack religious faith. If you don't have
anything of substance to say, just attack.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<75dba122-ab52-4938-b912-bf4e454a9022n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19956&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19956

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 08:45:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: bobcap...@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 15:45 UTC

On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 11:37:26 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
> On 8/13/2023 9:56 PM, Don Lampson wrote:
> > In Secular Humanism, nobody is sacred, and can easily be replaced, or made a laughing stock of, by more advanced, scientific, "shot callers"...
> > Of course, I imagine whomever (using the scientific method) found that horse wormer, would cure Covid thought he'd had "a Eureka moment", too? Knowledge must always stumble through ignorance.....
> I assume you're speaking of ivermectin, a drug approved long ago for
> human use with basically zero side effects that has been called a
> "wonder drug" by the NIH. Are you unaware of the anti viral aspect of
> the drug, or do you just like using leftwing talking points in calling
> it a "horse wormer" to help Big Pharma and continue the campaign against
> any remedial treatment for things like covid? If so, you're gonna end
> up on the wrong side of history.

Ah stick in the mud after some days absence finally made it back with his new supplies of stupid pills, you might want to share some with Mikie von Pelt he looks like he is badly in need of them

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ubjj16$3f9k7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19959&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19959

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 22:36:22 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4brkb66dTfxVLvldCP/RkyOgXrY=
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 22:36 UTC

sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
> On 8/15/2023 1:25 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
>> In article <ubdrdu$2e4k6$1@dont-email.me>,
>> sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Silly thing to say.
>>
>> There's not much point in trying to have a rational discussion with
>> someone who thinks "Landover Baptist Church" is real.
>>
>> (I tried once. Even links to the Wikipedia article didn't convince 'em.)
>
> That's funny. I'll keep it in mind, but I really don't expect any
> rational responses from anything for much of what I write. It's usually
> just an exercise, though probably a waste of time in the end. I mainly
> just get a kick out of hearing what some of these people think.

Don’t you mean what they “feel”? Democrats don’t think.

--
Interesting scientific fact - your DNA is on everything you touch except
your bag of coke.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ubjj17$3f9k7$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19960&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19960

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 22:36:23 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:YhUiAOIwXHYsO6HW4iloMKh5aDg=
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 22:36 UTC

sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
> On 8/15/2023 2:14 PM, kmiller wrote:
>> On 8/15/2023 11:25 AM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:

>>> There's not much point in trying to have a rational discussion with
>>> someone who thinks "Landover Baptist Church" is real.
>>>
>>> (I tried once.  Even links to the Wikipedia article didn't convince 'em.)
>>
>> There's not much point in having rational discussions with those who
>> believe in talking bushes.
>
> Never miss an opportunity to attack religious faith. If you don't have
> anything of substance to say, just attack.

Liberal modus operandi.

--
Interesting scientific fact - your DNA is on everything you touch except
your bag of coke.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<ublluj$3s087$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19966&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19966

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 12:38:24 -0500
 by: sticks - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 17:38 UTC

On 8/16/2023 5:36 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
> sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:

>>> There's not much point in having rational discussions with those who
>>> believe in talking bushes.
>>
>> Never miss an opportunity to attack religious faith. If you don't have
>> anything of substance to say, just attack.
>>

> Liberal modus operandi.

Unfortunately, it is a way of doing business for those not really
capable of honest discussion. It would be very easy for many people
today to make a visual representation of the Moses account of the
Burning Bush, what Miller describes as the "talking bushes." The issue
for people like Miller is not that a bush can be made to not consume
itself when it burns, but that people would believe in God. Some avoid
saying that because it's always been a human right to have such beliefs.
Others avoid it because they are not well enough informed to have a
legitimate debate. Others, simply are not interested and have never
really researched issues relating to life and existence, especially
allowing for intelligent design. They are basically living with their
own faith, that it is something not important.

If you consider God's existence to be real the possibility of the
biblical burning bush is nothing. All of the miracles are explainable
if God exists. If you don't consider that, they're just a silly myths
from simple minded people.

Typically, people who do and say things like this, when asked if they
believe in God will reply that no, they believe in science. Usually
their understanding of the science and its shortcomings is about as good
as their understanding of religious doctrine. My favorite question to
ask someone like this is where the hydrogen and helium that exploded in
what is called the Big Bang came from. As someone who doesn't believe
in supernatural things like a burning bush, how did the hydrogen and
helium appear from nothing? Why was it there, and how did it get there?

This is where I believe they have faith. They don't have the answer,
just the faith that it doesn't matter.

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<td5tdi52tif2d295hc15ro40hlj75ljnk6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19970&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19970

From: jerry.os...@nospam.net
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 16:58:42 -0500
 by: jerry.os...@nospam.net - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 21:58 UTC

On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 12:38:24 -0500, sticks <wolverine01@charter.net>
wrote:

>On 8/16/2023 5:36 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
>> sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:

>>> Never miss an opportunity to attack religious faith. If you don't have
>>> anything of substance to say, just attack.
>>>

>> Liberal modus operandi.
>
>Unfortunately, it is a way of doing business for those not really
>capable of honest discussion. It would be very easy for many people
>today to make a visual representation of the Moses account of the
>Burning Bush, what Miller describes as the "talking bushes." The issue
>for people like Miller is not that a bush can be made to not consume
>itself when it burns, but that people would believe in God. Some avoid
>saying that because it's always been a human right to have such beliefs.
> Others avoid it because they are not well enough informed to have a
>legitimate debate. Others, simply are not interested and have never
>really researched issues relating to life and existence, especially
>allowing for intelligent design. They are basically living with their
>own faith, that it is something not important.
>
>If you consider God's existence to be real the possibility of the
>biblical burning bush is nothing. All of the miracles are explainable
>if God exists. If you don't consider that, they're just a silly myths
>from simple minded people.
>
>Typically, people who do and say things like this, when asked if they
>believe in God will reply that no, they believe in science. Usually
>their understanding of the science and its shortcomings is about as good
>as their understanding of religious doctrine. My favorite question to
>ask someone like this is where the hydrogen and helium that exploded in
>what is called the Big Bang came from. As someone who doesn't believe
>in supernatural things like a burning bush, how did the hydrogen and
>helium appear from nothing? Why was it there, and how did it get there?
>
>This is where I believe they have faith. They don't have the answer,
>just the faith that it doesn't matter.

It's turtles all the way down.
It's all we know and all we need to know.
Selah

Re: Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Christ

<996a9a38-9928-4d56-b48b-44b6dc01fd4cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19971&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19971

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 15:45:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: dm.call...@gmail.com (dm_callier)
 by: dm_callier - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 22:45 UTC

On Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 2:58:46 PM UTC-7, jerry...@nospam.net wrote:
<BigSnip
> It's turtles all the way down.
> It's all we know and all we need to know.
> Selah

I wonder what Vishnu would choose...AK-47 or AR-15?