Reply hazy, ask again later.

interests / soc.culture.polish / Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine

SubjectAuthor
* Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish aboutTytus Konopka
+- Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polisha a
+* Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polishbrat_olin
|`- Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in PolishTytus Konopka
+- Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polishandal
`* Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocZalekBloom
 `- Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polishbrat_olin

1
Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine

<748556e5-6bdd-43e1-9e1b-d693b51f0bdbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19992&group=soc.culture.polish#19992

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 11:57:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about
doing cocaine
From: tytuskon...@gmail.com (Tytus Konopka)
 by: Tytus Konopka - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 19:57 UTC

TORONTO -- An Ontario grandmother who bought an educational toy for her 15-month-old granddaughter was shocked when the dancing cactus started swearing and singing about doing cocaine.

"This toy uses swear words and talking about cocaine use," Ania Tanner told CTV News Toronto. "This is not what I ordered for my granddaughter."

The cactus was sold on Walmart’s website as an educational toy for about $26 and sings songs in English, Spanish and Polish.

But Tanner, who is Polish, said when she listened to the Polish lyrics, the cactus was singing about doing cocaine, drug abuse, suicide, depression and used profanities.

"It just so happens that I am Polish and when I started to listen to the songs and I heard the words," she said. "I was in shock. I thought what is this some kind of joke?"

The song is by Polish Rapper Cypis, who is reportedly unaware his song was used by the Chinese manufacturer of the children's toy.

"It's about taking five grams of cocaine and being alone … It's a very depressing song," Tanner said

This singing cactus toy was also sold in Europe through Amazon and in July 2021 other families also noticed and complained about the lyrics that many felt were inappropriate for a children’s toy.

The Polish artist said he planned to take legal action against the Chinese company for using his song without permission.

CTV News Toronto was unable to contact Cypis or the manufacturer for comment.

Tanner said she feels Walmart should not be selling the toy and wants a refund.

Walmart told CTV News Toronto they take this customer complaint concern seriously.

"These items are sold by a third-party seller on our marketplace website. We are removing the items while we look into this complaint further," a Walmart spokesperson told CTV News Toronto.

That was a relief for Tanner who said “I just don't want anybody before Christmas to think this is a great toy and go online and have the same thing happen, that happened to me."

Some families may already have the dancing cactus toy and if they don’t speak Polish, they wouldn’t know what it was saying.

Complaints with the toy go back almost five months so it’s not clear why the toy is still being sold.

To listen to Polish cactus song go to:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/walmart-pulls-children-s-toy-that-swears-and-sings-in-polish-about-doing-cocaine-1.5678364

Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine

<ca342883-80d1-4fdc-b32c-793445d5a52an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19993&group=soc.culture.polish#19993

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:27:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish
about doing cocaine
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:27 UTC

On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 20:57:09 UTC+1, tytusk...@gmail.com wrote:
> TORONTO -- An Ontario grandmother who bought an educational toy for her 15-month-old granddaughter was shocked when the dancing cactus started swearing and singing about doing cocaine.
>
> "This toy uses swear words and talking about cocaine use," Ania Tanner told CTV News Toronto. "This is not what I ordered for my granddaughter."
>
> The cactus was sold on Walmart’s website as an educational toy for about $26 and sings songs in English, Spanish and Polish.
>

> But Tanner, who is Polish, said when she listened to the Polish lyrics, the cactus was singing about doing cocaine, drug abuse, suicide, depression and used profanities.
>
> "It just so happens that I am Polish and when I started to listen to the songs and I heard the words," she said. "I was in shock. I thought what is this some kind of joke?"
>
> The song is by Polish Rapper Cypis, who is reportedly unaware his song was used by the Chinese manufacturer of the children's toy.
>

> "It's about taking five grams of cocaine and being alone … It's a very depressing song," Tanner said
>
> This singing cactus toy was also sold in Europe through Amazon and in July 2021 other families also noticed and complained about the lyrics that many felt were inappropriate for a children’s toy.
>
> The Polish artist said he planned to take legal action against the Chinese company for using his song without permission.
>
> CTV News Toronto was unable to contact Cypis or the manufacturer for comment.
>
> Tanner said she feels Walmart should not be selling the toy and wants a refund.
>
> Walmart told CTV News Toronto they take this customer complaint concern seriously.
>
> "These items are sold by a third-party seller on our marketplace website. We are removing the items while we look into this complaint further," a Walmart spokesperson told CTV News Toronto.
>
> That was a relief for Tanner who said “I just don't want anybody before Christmas to think this is a great toy and go online and have the same thing happen, that happened to me."
>
> Some families may already have the dancing cactus toy and if they don’t speak Polish, they wouldn’t know what it was saying.
>

> Complaints with the toy go back almost five months so it’s not clear why the toy is still being sold.
>
> To listen to Polish cactus song go to:
>

> https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/walmart-pulls-children-s-toy-that-swears-and-sings-in-polish-about-doing-cocaine-1.5678364
Koniec przerwy na reklamę
..
..
\.
Koniec przerwy na reklamę

Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine

<3abfd5e9-273e-4330-b83a-8797d5dc1a29n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19994&group=soc.culture.polish#19994

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:30:23 -0800 (PST)
about doing cocaine
From: bratol...@gmail.com (brat_olin)
 by: brat_olin - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:30 UTC

tytusk...@gmail.com wrote:

> TORONTO -- An Ontario grandmother who bought an educational
> toy for her 15-month-old granddaughter was shocked when the
> dancing cactus started swearing and singing about doing cocaine.

To ta piosnka:
https://twitter.com/BosseSteinar/status/1295647147937980417

Tu dluzsza wersja:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrxv0JNVtgY

Byl tez miedzynarodowy debiut, Greta spiewala, ale gdzies
mi sie zapodzialo..

--
Smart questions to stupid answers

Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine

<snma8o$1e4$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20000&group=soc.culture.polish#20000

From: and...@andal.org (andal)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
about doing cocaine
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:19:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: andal - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:19 UTC

On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 11:57:07 -0800, Tytus Konopka wrote:

> TORONTO -- An Ontario grandmother who bought an educational toy for her
> 15-month-old granddaughter was shocked when the dancing cactus started
> swearing and singing about doing cocaine.
>
> "This toy uses swear words and talking about cocaine use," Ania Tanner
> told CTV News Toronto. "This is not what I ordered for my
> granddaughter."
>
> The cactus was sold on Walmart’s website as an educational toy for about
> $26 and sings songs in English, Spanish and Polish.
>

> But Tanner, who is Polish, said when she listened to the Polish lyrics,
> the cactus was singing about doing cocaine, drug abuse, suicide,
> depression and used profanities.
>
> "It just so happens that I am Polish and when I started to listen to the
> songs and I heard the words," she said. "I was in shock. I thought what
> is this some kind of joke?"
>
> The song is by Polish Rapper Cypis, who is reportedly unaware his song
> was used by the Chinese manufacturer of the children's toy.
>

> "It's about taking five grams of cocaine and being alone … It's a very
> depressing song," Tanner said
>
> This singing cactus toy was also sold in Europe through Amazon and in
> July 2021 other families also noticed and complained about the lyrics
> that many felt were inappropriate for a children’s toy.
>
> The Polish artist said he planned to take legal action against the
> Chinese company for using his song without permission.
>
> CTV News Toronto was unable to contact Cypis or the manufacturer for
> comment.
>
> Tanner said she feels Walmart should not be selling the toy and wants a
> refund.
>
> Walmart told CTV News Toronto they take this customer complaint concern
> seriously.
>
> "These items are sold by a third-party seller on our marketplace
> website. We are removing the items while we look into this complaint
> further," a Walmart spokesperson told CTV News Toronto.
>
> That was a relief for Tanner who said “I just don't want anybody before
> Christmas to think this is a great toy and go online and have the same
> thing happen, that happened to me."
>
> Some families may already have the dancing cactus toy and if they don’t
> speak Polish, they wouldn’t know what it was saying.
>

> Complaints with the toy go back almost five months so it’s not clear why
> the toy is still being sold.
>
> To listen to Polish cactus song go to:
>

> https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/walmart-pulls-children-s-toy-that-swears-and-
sings-in-polish-about-doing-cocaine-1.5678364

to jest zabawka dla Zwolania aka Basia

Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine

<cbb1839b-3f3f-49b8-8937-721f0fe38ca0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20003&group=soc.culture.polish#20003

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 14:42:08 -0800 (PST)
about doing cocaine
From: tytuskon...@gmail.com (Tytus Konopka)
 by: Tytus Konopka - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 22:42 UTC

On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 13:30:24 UTC-7, brat_olin wrote:
> tytusk...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > TORONTO -- An Ontario grandmother who bought an educational
> > toy for her 15-month-old granddaughter was shocked when the
> > dancing cactus started swearing and singing about doing cocaine.
> To ta piosnka:
> https://twitter.com/BosseSteinar/status/1295647147937980417
>
> Tu dluzsza wersja:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrxv0JNVtgY

Tu jest oryginalna wersja :

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Cypis+rzuca+miesem&docid=608046676409323321&mid=FBCA66C1281B5C80540FFBCA66C1281B5C80540F&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine

<9bevpg55q06uom7lacsj2c33lkjpg8f5gj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20025&group=soc.culture.polish#20025

From: ZalekBl...@hotmail.com
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Subject: Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:49:54 -0500
 by: ZalekBl...@hotmail.com - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 16:49 UTC

On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 11:57:07 -0800 (PST), Tytus Konopka
<tytuskonopka@gmail.com> wrote:

>TORONTO -- An Ontario grandmother who bought an educational toy for her 15-month-old granddaughter was shocked when the dancing cactus started swearing and singing about doing cocaine.
>
>"This toy uses swear words and talking about cocaine use," Ania Tanner told CTV News Toronto. "This is not what I ordered for my granddaughter."
>
>The cactus was sold on Walmart’s website as an educational toy for about $26 and sings songs in English, Spanish and Polish.
>

>But Tanner, who is Polish, said when she listened to the Polish lyrics, the cactus was singing about doing cocaine, drug abuse, suicide, depression and used profanities.
>
>"It just so happens that I am Polish and when I started to listen to the songs and I heard the words," she said. "I was in shock. I thought what is this some kind of joke?"
>
>The song is by Polish Rapper Cypis, who is reportedly unaware his song was used by the Chinese manufacturer of the children's toy.
>

>"It's about taking five grams of cocaine and being alone … It's a very depressing song," Tanner said
>
>This singing cactus toy was also sold in Europe through Amazon and in July 2021 other families also noticed and complained about the lyrics that many felt were inappropriate for a children’s toy.
>
>The Polish artist said he planned to take legal action against the Chinese company for using his song without permission.
>
>CTV News Toronto was unable to contact Cypis or the manufacturer for comment.
>
>Tanner said she feels Walmart should not be selling the toy and wants a refund.
>
>Walmart told CTV News Toronto they take this customer complaint concern seriously.
>
>"These items are sold by a third-party seller on our marketplace website. We are removing the items while we look into this complaint further," a Walmart spokesperson told CTV News Toronto.
>
>That was a relief for Tanner who said “I just don't want anybody before Christmas to think this is a great toy and go online and have the same thing happen, that happened to me."
>
>Some families may already have the dancing cactus toy and if they don’t speak Polish, they wouldn’t know what it was saying.
>

>Complaints with the toy go back almost five months so it’s not clear why the toy is still being sold.
>
>To listen to Polish cactus song go to:
>

>https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/walmart-pulls-children-s-toy-that-swears-and-sings-in-polish-about-doing-cocaine-1.5678364

O tej piosence bylo na sciepie, mi sie piosenka podoba:

https://youtu.be/Qa6j5HUCxfM

zalek

Re: Walmart pulls children's toy that swears and sings in Polish about doing cocaine

<06ae91b8-9155-4008-92ae-1df4edebb041n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20031&group=soc.culture.polish#20031

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:30:21 -0800 (PST)
about doing cocaine
From: bratol...@gmail.com (brat_olin)
 by: brat_olin - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 19:30 UTC

Zalek...@hotmail.com wrote:

> O tej piosence bylo na sciepie, mi sie piosenka podoba:
> https://youtu.be/Qa6j5HUCxfM

Mi tez. Melodia porywajaca! Podejrzewam, ze ta cala sprawa to
jakis donos od tych, co bardzo wierza w tzw. global warming.
"Tylko jedno w glowie mam - koksu 5 gram, trala tra trala la!"
Koks im sie zle kojarzy.