Between infinite and short there is a big difference. -- G. H. Gonnet

interests / alt.politics / Christian Nationalism == Fascism

SubjectAuthor
* Christian Nationalism == FascismBradley K. Sherman
+* Re: Christian Nationalism == FascismRudy Canoza
|`- Re: Christian Nationalism == FascismNevermind
+- Re: Christian Nationalism == FascismMitchell Holman
`- Re: Christian Nationalism == FascismSiri Cruise

1
Christian Nationalism == Fascism

<tfq1so$65k$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19994&group=alt.politics#19994

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Christian Nationalism == Fascism
Date: 13 Sep 2022 13:51:20 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:51 UTC

<https://www.witf.org/2022/08/19/doug-mastriano-and-some-pa-gop-leaders-think-christianity-and-government-should-be-linked/>

| While visiting a private Christian college in southern
| Michigan that wields influence in national politics, Gov.
| Ron DeSantis rephrased a biblical passage to deliver a
| message to conservatives. "Put on the full armor of God.
| Stand firm against the left's schemes. You will face
| flaming arrows, but if you have the shield of faith, you
| will overcome them, and in Florida we walk the line here,"
| DeSantis told the audience at Hillsdale College in
| February. "And I can tell you this, I have only begun to
| fight."
|
| The Republican governor, a strategic politician who is up
| for reelection in November, is increasingly using biblical
| references in speeches that cater to those who see policy
| fights through a morality lens and flirting with those who
| embrace nationalist ideas that see the true identity of the
| nation as Christian.
<https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article265261411.html>

--bks

Re: Christian Nationalism == Fascism

<%D0UK.414561$iiS8.273643@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19995&group=alt.politics#19995

Subject: Re: Christian Nationalism == Fascism
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: rc...@cap.con (Rudy Canoza)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 07:40:59 -0700
 by: Rudy Canoza - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:40 UTC

On 9/13/2022 6:51 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | Doug Mastriano and some Pa. GOP leaders think Christianity
> | and government should be linked
> |
> | Mastriano, a state appellate judge, and other figures used
> | a rally about William Penn this summer to express Christian
> | Nationalist views
> <https://www.witf.org/2022/08/19/doug-mastriano-and-some-pa-gop-leaders-think-christianity-and-government-should-be-linked/>
>

> | While visiting a private Christian college in southern
> | Michigan that wields influence in national politics, Gov.
> | Ron DeSantis rephrased a biblical passage to deliver a
> | message to conservatives. "Put on the full armor of God.
> | Stand firm against the left's schemes. You will face
> | flaming arrows, but if you have the shield of faith, you
> | will overcome them, and in Florida we walk the line here,"
> | DeSantis told the audience at Hillsdale College in
> | February. "And I can tell you this, I have only begun to
> | fight."

Hillsdale College might as well be Liberty University. It tries to pretend it's
not a "Christian" college, but the pretense is a complete failure.

> | The Republican governor, a strategic politician who is up
> | for reelection in November, is increasingly using biblical
> | references in speeches that cater to those who see policy
> | fights through a morality lens and flirting with those who
> | embrace nationalist ideas that see the true identity of the
> | nation as Christian.
> <https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article265261411.html>
>
> --bks

Re: Christian Nationalism == Fascism

<4F2UK.12312$5p2.9204@fx15.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19996&group=alt.politics#19996

From: NoO...@none.com (Nevermind)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 16:58:40 GMT
 by: Nevermind - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 16:58 UTC

> On 9/13/2022 6:51 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> > |
> > | Doug Mastriano and some Pa. GOP leaders think Christianity
> > | and government should be linked
> > |
> > | Mastriano, a state appellate judge, and other figures used
> > | a rally about William Penn this summer to express Christian
> > | Nationalist views
> > <https://www.witf.org/2022/08/19/doug-mastriano-and-some-pa-gop-leaders-thin
> > k-christianity-and-government-should-be-linked/>
> >

> > | While visiting a private Christian college in southern
> > | Michigan that wields influence in national politics, Gov.
> > | Ron DeSantis rephrased a biblical passage to deliver a
> > | message to conservatives. "Put on the full armor of God.
> > | Stand firm against the left's schemes. You will face
> > | flaming arrows, but if you have the shield of faith, you
> > | will overcome them, and in Florida we walk the line here,"
> > | DeSantis told the audience at Hillsdale College in
> > | February. "And I can tell you this, I have only begun to
> > | fight."
>
> Hillsdale College might as well be Liberty University. It tries to pretend
> it's
> not a "Christian" college, but the pretense is a complete failure.
>

> > | The Republican governor, a strategic politician who is up
> > | for reelection in November, is increasingly using biblical
> > | references in speeches that cater to those who see policy
> > | fights through a morality lens and flirting with those who
> > | embrace nationalist ideas that see the true identity of the
> > | nation as Christian.
> > <https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article265261411.html>
> >
> > --bks

Exactly. In the USA we do what's voted on, not what some guy demands and says "Because my god says so."

Re: Christian Nationalism == Fascism

<XnsAF1184F7424E1noemailcomcastnet@69.80.101.15>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19997&group=alt.politics#19997

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 18:06:26 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 18:06 UTC

bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in

> | Doug Mastriano and some Pa. GOP leaders think Christianity
> | and government should be linked
> |
> | Mastriano, a state appellate judge, and other figures used
> | a rally about William Penn this summer to express Christian
> | Nationalist views
> <https://www.witf.org/2022/08/19/doug-mastriano-and-some-pa-gop-leaders
> -think-christianity-and-government-should-be-linked/>
>

> | While visiting a private Christian college in southern
> | Michigan that wields influence in national politics, Gov.
> | Ron DeSantis rephrased a biblical passage to deliver a
> | message to conservatives. "Put on the full armor of God.
> | Stand firm against the left's schemes. You will face
> | flaming arrows, but if you have the shield of faith, you
> | will overcome them, and in Florida we walk the line here,"
> | DeSantis told the audience at Hillsdale College in
> | February. "And I can tell you this, I have only begun to
> | fight."
> |
> | The Republican governor, a strategic politician who is up
> | for reelection in November, is increasingly using biblical
> | references in speeches that cater to those who see policy
> | fights through a morality lens and flirting with those who
> | embrace nationalist ideas that see the true identity of the
> | nation as Christian.
> <https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article265261411.
> html>
>
> --bks

"The government is committed to supporting God's religion, the
country remains a strong bulwark for religion, and the people
are among the most protective of God's religion, and the keenest
to fulfill His laws."
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Osama Bin Laden

Re: Christian Nationalism == Fascism

<chine.bleu-ECCE4D.12023813092022@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19998&group=alt.politics#19998

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 12:02:46 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 19:02 UTC

In article <tfq1so$65k$1@panix3.panix.com>,
bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | Mastriano, a state appellate judge, and other figures used
> | a rally about William Penn this summer to express Christian
> | Nationalist views

Yes, it's a heresy. Jesus told Pilate he had no kingdom in this
world. He also told Peter if he wanted to fight a war he could
call on an army of angels so Peter should put away his human
sword.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed