He who has but four and spends five has no need for a wallet.

interests / alt.dreams.castaneda / Re: hot rod charlie

SubjectAuthor
* Lanskyslider
`* Re: Lanskychris rodgers
 `* Re: Lanskychris rodgers
  `* Re: Lanskyslider
   `* Re: Lanskychris rodgers
    `* Re: Lanskyslider
     `* Re: hot rod charliechris rodgers
      `* Re: hot rod charlieslider
       `* Re: hot rod charliechris rodgers
        `* Re: hot rod charlieslider
         `* Re: hot rod charliechris rodgers
          `- Re: hot rod charlieslider

1
Lansky

<op.1cc2g6k17eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2002&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2002

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Lansky
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 01:30:32 -0000
 by: slider - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 01:30 UTC

### - another good movie! :)

like sheesh there's nada for ages and then 2 come along at the same time??
(grinz)

wasn't even gonna watch it as after only 5 minutes or so it was clear it's
gonna be about... gangsters?

i mean, jeez... just about everything these days is about either vampires,
werewolves, aliens, cops & robbers, special-ops & spys or... gangsters??

and was just about to click away from it when i heard the name 'lucky
Luciano' mentioned!

(which gots my interest goin' coz have heard quite a few interesting
things about that particular dude...)

that as gangsters go... he was apparently a cut above the rest, was more
refined and/or a thinker and thus somewhat wise-er than just yer average
hoodlum, was also well respected and carried huge influence etc, someone
who, for example, looked down on/scorned the likes of al capone for
instance (referring to him once as being 'that little syphilitic pimp')
and also because (as mentioned in the movie) whilst in jail doin' life was
approached by the US gov to help with the war effort... which in the movie
is somewhat toned/played right down, but which in fact rather
interestingly went a whole lot farther than that! (go figure heh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WLCzob1v_Q

am into history so it's quite a good movie :)

Re: Lansky

<2b99c191-18af-4c05-abe5-efbc989edec1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2003&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2003

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 06:59:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Lansky
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 13:59 UTC

we got the Breeders Cup races today and tomorrow
at Del Mar, Cali. son of a bitch they have over 21 million
dollars in jackpots for the 12 races on Saturday. First
places pay 52% of the pot. Our boy Hot Rod Charlie is
runnin' the twelve race with two other son of guns.
IF Charlie just gets in the 'money' (1,2,3) it will be a grand
payday for the owners on that horse. show is smart money
bet for this really tight race. go get 'em Charlie boy! :)

Re: Lansky

<1d92f17d-275e-4eed-8166-17eae09d3946n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2004&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2004

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 05:03:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 12:03 UTC

by the way, the pot for the 12th race is 6 million bucks.
so the winner takes 3,000,000 for a quick day's work.
what a fuckin' payday eh? 52% is alright.

Re: Lansky

<op.1cfx3xzb7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2005&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2005

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 14:48:59 -0000
 by: slider - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 14:48 UTC

> 3,000,000 for a quick day's work.
> what a fuckin' payday eh?

### - fuck me heh...

for THAT much money just strap a saddle on my back and i'll have a go
myself!

LOL ! :)))

Re: Lansky

<e083c752-43e1-4668-92e5-eace41c98ff8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2006&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2006

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 08:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 15:44 UTC

> ### - fuck me heh...

> for THAT much money just strap a saddle on my back and i'll have a go

> LOL ! :)))

so how would you bet Hot Rod Charlie today? win or place or show bet ?
this is gonna be a very tight race.

Re: Lansky

<op.1cgbqbq27eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2007&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2007

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 19:43:13 -0000
 by: slider - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 19:43 UTC

>> - fuck me heh...
>
>> for THAT much money just strap a saddle on my back and i'll have a go
>
>> LOL ! :)))
>
> so how would you bet Hot Rod Charlie today? win or place or show
> bet ?
> this is gonna be a very tight race.

### - ain't sure how they do things there, but over here ya can't just
back for either a place or a show on their own? ya also have to back it
for a win as well! so to get paid for a place here you first have to back
it for a win and, if ya want to, only an equal amount for a place (we
don't bother with a show difference here and so it pays the same as for a
place)

the prob with hot rod this time being his very low odds (currently only
4/1) which is cool for a win but lousy for a place (or show) which only
pays a fifth (or a quarter in bigger races) of the winning sp, in which
case the best ya can hope for with either a place or show is to get all
(or most) of your money back if he comes in the first 3 or 4...

therefore... i wouldn't bother hoping to maybe scrape back your outlay on
a place or show bet as well and just put everything you're gonna bet on a
full win :)

e.g., $10 each-way costs $20 and the best you can get from a place is just
about a quarter of those odds, iow: even-money, so if it places/shows
you'll recoup maybe $20 less tax etc, which is hardly worth it so would
personally just back the full 20 on a win instead = maybe a $50 return and
screw the places...

basically, this formula means only ever backing for places if the winning
odds are high enough to get more than just your money back if it places,
one would never, for example, bother backing a favourite for anything less
than a win :)

methinks charlie could win it though, as long as he doesn't step on anyone
like that last time heh ;)

Re: hot rod charlie

<d963520c-90bd-4723-908f-403eac94ee03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2008&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2008

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 13:19:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: hot rod charlie
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 20:19 UTC

> ### - ain't sure how they do things there, but over here ya can't just
> back for either a place or a show on their own? ya also have to back it
> for a win as well! so to get paid for a place here you first have to back
> it for a win and, if ya want to, only an eq

you can put anyway you like here, put on the front, put on the rear,
put it anywhere (that's what she said). LOL!

it would take big guts today to put all your money on Charlie
for a win. But i know my owners are going to do just that.
May the force be with them. if Charlie wins, maybe they will
invite us to the after party. I know they will go crazy celebrating.
i think if my calcuations are correcto they could walk with 300K
if everything pans out right. i can just see a chevy el camino
with triumph rickman metisse coming up the driveway right now.
might as well dream big, dream big or go back to sleep fucker. :)

Re: hot rod charlie

<op.1cge14bk7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2009&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2009

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 20:55:06 -0000
 by: slider - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 20:55 UTC

>> - ain't sure how they do things there, but over here ya can't just
>> back for either a place or a show on their own? ya also have to back it
>> for a win as well! so to get paid for a place here you first have to
>> back
>> it for a win and, if ya want to, only an eq
>
> you can put anyway you like here, put on the front, put on the rear,
> put it anywhere (that's what she said). LOL!
>
> it would take big guts today to put all your money on Charlie
> for a win. But i know my owners are going to do just that.
> May the force be with them. if Charlie wins, maybe they will
> invite us to the after party. I know they will go crazy celebrating.
> i think if my calcuations are correcto they could walk with 300K
> if everything pans out right. i can just see a chevy el camino
> with triumph rickman metisse coming up the driveway right now.
> might as well dream big, dream big or go back to sleep fucker. :)

### - he's currently @ 7/2 so not really worth backing for a place/show
unless you gonna go all-in big time?

he's also going for his 3rd win in a row innit (and i kinda like that)

so then $50 @ 7/2 is a nice bet, possibly more (for you) b'coz it's a
family affair...

in which case: $100 to win! and then hold yer breath throughout haha :)

Re: hot rod charlie

<5c04f225-f415-44d3-ab80-cdd79298da94n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2010&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2010

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 05:48:05 -0800 (PST)
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Sun, 7 Nov 2021 13:48 UTC

poor chuckie ran out, got a 4th place finish.
son of a bitch those two other horses pulled
like a bastard there at the stretch. good thing
i did NOT bet any cheese. Oh well better luck
in the next race.

Re: hot rod charlie

<op.1chuwdsa7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2011&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2011

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 15:34:51 -0000
 by: slider - Sun, 7 Nov 2021 15:34 UTC

> poor chuckie ran out, got a 4th place finish.
> son of a bitch those two other horses pulled
> like a bastard there at the stretch. good thing
> i did NOT bet any cheese. Oh well better luck
> in the next race.

### - good race but was outclassed there at the end, one furlong shorter
and he might have even made it, am surprised you didn't back him though,
in your place (having a family connection etc) i'd have defo lost 100 on
that race (hah) and just happily viewed it as my way of supporting 'em?

saw a nice pre-race interview with all 5 of the owners involved, who were
basically just happy to be there so they still had a good day + who knows
maybe one of the others will still be disqualified for doping/whatever and
charlie will gets promoted to 3rd place huh, it being such a 'big-prize'
race wouldn't be surprised if every dirty trick in the book was applied to
every damn horse AND jocky there lol :D

charlie-boy was running his heart out coming up to that last furlong
though, so i reckon that's his distance to bet the bank on next time ;)

good race!

Re: hot rod charlie

<539eba3b-b5cc-4183-8ec6-6c627793b86cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2012&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2012

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 08:40:59 -0800 (PST)
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Sun, 7 Nov 2021 16:40 UTC

Charlie collects prize money although it is a very low percent.
it's just that the betting public don't get any.
there six sets of owners for Charlie, some have multiple
players in their group. they divide by six and then divide
in their respective group for payouts. enough to buy a burger
and a beer this time i guess.

Re: hot rod charlie

<op.1chz3jhh7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2013&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2013

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 17:27:09 -0000
<539eba3b-b5cc-4183-8ec6-6c627793b86cn@googlegroups.com>
 by: slider - Sun, 7 Nov 2021 17:27 UTC

> enough to buy a burger
> and a beer this time i guess.

### - then they did even better than i thought to get/share some kinda
prize no matter how small...

they seemed just happy to be taking part in such an important/tough race

so wot they gonna do now, keep him or sell him on?

coz he's prolly worth a few bucks by now innit :)