No matter where I go, the place is always called "here".

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: 1984

SubjectAuthor
* 1984George.Anthony
+* Re: 1984bfh
|+- Re: 1984kmiller
|`* Re: 1984George.Anthony
| +* Re: 1984Don Lampson
| |`- Re: 1984bfh
| `* Re: 1984bfh
|  `* Re: 1984kmiller
|   `* Re: 1984bfh
|    `* Re: 1984kmiller
|     `* Re: 1984bfh
|      `* Re: 1984kmiller
|       `* Re: 1984bfh
|        `* Re: 1984kmiller
|         `- Re: 1984bfh
`- Re: 1984Technobarbarian

<ud0avp$idrg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20103&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20103

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: 1984
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:55:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Sio05xpoX/c3qwTpL6TrOeHGnts=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:55 UTC

Better not fire up those grills. Big brother is watching.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-use-drones-monitor-backyard-parties-over-labor-day-weekend-sparking-privacy-concerns

--
Interesting scientific fact - your DNA is on everything you touch except
your bag of coke.

Re: 1984

<OlPIM.281814$cc2c.75080@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20107&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20107

Subject: Re: 1984
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 19:14:53 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 23:14 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> Better not fire up those grills. Big brother is watching.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-use-drones-monitor-backyard-parties-over-labor-day-weekend-sparking-privacy-concerns

I was grilling this evening, and I thought the 2nd civil war had
literally started. Then I put all my cognitive tools on the table,
and, like, you know, instantly realized that dove season had started
here in Redneck Central. I'm just glad I perceived the truth soon
enough to not burn my grill stuff by wasting time getting into my
battle rattle.

--
bill

Re: 1984

<HeCdnf-N_at0Wm75nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20109&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20109

Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 16:40:28 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 23:40 UTC

On 9/2/2023 4:14 PM, bfh wrote:
> George.Anthony wrote:
>> Better not fire up those grills. Big brother is watching.
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-use-drones-monitor-backyard-parties-over-labor-day-weekend-sparking-privacy-concerns
>>
> I was grilling this evening, and I thought the 2nd civil war had
> literally started. Then I put all my cognitive tools on the table, and,
> like, you know, instantly realized that dove season had started here in
> Redneck Central. I'm just glad I perceived the truth soon enough to not
> burn my grill stuff by wasting time getting into my battle rattle.

Somehow, unfortunately, I can just picture you there grilling with your
pinkie held delicately in the air. HawHawHaw!

Re: 1984

<ud0k7b$jhfl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20110&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20110

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 00:32:43 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:1lC5o5WOXSux/I6thLxX8YrMP1Y=
 by: George.Anthony - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 00:32 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> George.Anthony wrote:
>> Better not fire up those grills. Big brother is watching.
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-use-drones-monitor-backyard-parties-over-labor-day-weekend-sparking-privacy-concerns
>>
> I was grilling this evening, and I thought the 2nd civil war had
> literally started. Then I put all my cognitive tools on the table,
> and, like, you know, instantly realized that dove season had started
> here in Redneck Central. I'm just glad I perceived the truth soon
> enough to not burn my grill stuff by wasting time getting into my
> battle rattle.

Maybe one will fall in your yard. Ever have grilled dove?

--
Interesting scientific fact - your DNA is on everything you touch except
your bag of coke.

Re: 1984

<c7f35ccf-fe5f-4731-ac58-89bf9f81569en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20111&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20111

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 18:11:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: donlamp...@gmail.com (Don Lampson)
 by: Don Lampson - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:11 UTC

On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 5:32:45 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
> bfh <red...@rye.net> wrote:
> > George.Anthony wrote:
> >> Better not fire up those grills. Big brother is watching.
> >>
> >> https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-use-drones-monitor-backyard-parties-over-labor-day-weekend-sparking-privacy-concerns
> >>
> > I was grilling this evening, and I thought the 2nd civil war had
> > literally started. Then I put all my cognitive tools on the table,
> > and, like, you know, instantly realized that dove season had started
> > here in Redneck Central. I'm just glad I perceived the truth soon
> > enough to not burn my grill stuff by wasting time getting into my
> > battle rattle.
> >
> Maybe one will fall in your yard. Ever have grilled dove?
> --
> Interesting scientific fact - your DNA is on everything you touch except
> your bag of coke.

I 'et piles of doves every September for years, then suddenly, had a moment of charity... I decided doves were a PITA to clean, & for the price of my shotgun shells, I could have a better meal, in a nice restaurant...

A. Bourdain Jr.

Re: 1984

<VbRIM.278691$f7Ub.4818@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20112&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20112

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:20:53 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:20 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
>> George.Anthony wrote:
>>> Better not fire up those grills. Big brother is watching.
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-use-drones-monitor-backyard-parties-over-labor-day-weekend-sparking-privacy-concerns
>>>
>> I was grilling this evening, and I thought the 2nd civil war had
>> literally started. Then I put all my cognitive tools on the table,
>> and, like, you know, instantly realized that dove season had started
>> here in Redneck Central. I'm just glad I perceived the truth soon
>> enough to not burn my grill stuff by wasting time getting into my
>> battle rattle.
>>

> Maybe one will fall in your yard. Ever have grilled dove?

I've eaten dove prepared in numerous ways, with each recipe extolled
by the chef as the only way to prepare a dove. Everyone of them was
wrong. 'Course, that's only my opinion - but when it comes to what
myownself stuffs in my own piehole, my opinion is the only one that
matters. Bob White quail, though, are different. I don't think even a
Democrat could screw up a BWQ - unless maybe they left the guts in and
boiled it.

--
bill

Re: 1984

<xpRIM.703876$TCKc.693758@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20113&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20113

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:35:24 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:35 UTC

Don Lampson wrote:
> On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 5:32:45 PM UTC-7,
> George.Anthony wrote:
>> bfh <red...@rye.net> wrote:

I was grilling this evening, and I thought the 2nd civil war had
>>> literally started. Then I put all my cognitive tools on the
>>> table, and, like, you know, instantly realized that dove season
>>> had started here in Redneck Central. I'm just glad I perceived
>>> the truth soon enough to not burn my grill stuff by wasting
>>> time getting into my battle rattle.
>>>
>> Maybe one will fall in your yard. Ever have grilled dove? --
>> Interesting scientific fact - your DNA is on everything you touch
>> except your bag of coke.
>
> I 'et piles of doves every September for years, then suddenly,
> had a moment of charity... I decided doves were a PITA to clean, &
> for the price of my shotgun shells, I could have a better meal, in
> a nice restaurant...

What? A PITA to clean? All you gotta do is rip the feathers and skin
off the breast with your thumbs, and then rip out the breast with the
thumb of your choice. Rip, rip, done. None of the tools in your tool
box are needed. You Kalifornia oracles don't know squat. However comma
I agree with you about a better meal elsewhere. I tried off and on for
years to like dove - and failed.

--
bill

Re: 1984

<d0213059-f514-4872-9e0e-30b144900947n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20114&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20114

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 19:31:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 02:31 UTC

On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 2:55:08 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
> Better not fire up those grills. Big brother is watching.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-use-drones-monitor-backyard-parties-over-labor-day-weekend-sparking-privacy-concerns

This is just a low budget version of something many places have been doing for decades. Tucson used to send out policemen in a helicopter to keep an eye on things. If there were women in your swimming pool you often got extra attention. They didn't stop doing that until they decided it was too expensive.

TB

Re: 1984

<UtadnUEEhvhfsGj5nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20119&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20119

Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 18:07:17 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 01:07 UTC

On 9/2/2023 6:20 PM, bfh wrote:
> George.Anthony wrote:
>> bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:

>>> I was grilling this evening, and I thought the 2nd civil war had
>>> literally started. Then I put all my cognitive tools on the table,
>>> and, like, you know, instantly realized that dove season had started
>>> here in Redneck Central. I'm just glad I perceived the truth soon
>>> enough to not burn my grill stuff by wasting time getting into my
>>> battle rattle.
>>>

>> Maybe one will fall in your yard. Ever have grilled dove?
>>
> I've eaten dove prepared in numerous ways, with each recipe extolled by
> the chef as the only way to prepare a dove. Everyone of them was wrong.
> 'Course, that's only my opinion - but when it comes to what myownself
> stuffs in my own piehole, my opinion is the only one that matters. Bob
> White quail, though, are different. I don't think even a Democrat could
> screw up a BWQ - unless maybe they left the guts in and boiled it.

If you burn it you have a BBQ - BobBlack Quail...

Re: 1984

<BcbJM.1123219$GMN3.308794@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20121&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20121

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 22:23:28 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 02:23 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 9/2/2023 6:20 PM, bfh wrote:
>> George.Anthony wrote:

>>> Maybe one will fall in your yard. Ever have grilled dove?
>>>
>> I've eaten dove prepared in numerous ways, with each recipe extolled
>> by the chef as the only way to prepare a dove. Everyone of them was
>> wrong. 'Course, that's only my opinion - but when it comes to what
>> myownself stuffs in my own piehole, my opinion is the only one that
>> matters. Bob White quail, though, are different. I don't think even
>> a Democrat could screw up a BWQ - unless maybe they left the guts in
>> and boiled it.
>>

> If you burn it you have a BBQ - BobBlack Quail...

That one's already taken. Get creative. And you left out LGT+. I
thought you were DEI compliant?

And BTW:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tvseDn0c9HzC9gvK-rH11mlGviCHRtib/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105875262482197039209&rtpof=true&sd=true

--
bill

Re: 1984

<3w6dnQ6ZbvfaDmv5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20136&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20136

Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 19:32:42 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 02:32 UTC

On 9/3/2023 7:23 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> I've eaten dove prepared in numerous ways, with each recipe extolled
>>> by the chef as the only way to prepare a dove. Everyone of them was
>>> wrong. 'Course, that's only my opinion - but when it comes to what
>>> myownself stuffs in my own piehole, my opinion is the only one that
>>> matters. Bob White quail, though, are different. I don't think even a
>>> Democrat could screw up a BWQ - unless maybe they left the guts in
>>> and boiled it.
>>>

>> If you burn it you have a BBQ - BobBlack Quail...
>
> That one's already taken.

How am I supposed to know that?

> Get creative. And you left out LGT+. I thought
> you were DEI compliant?
>
> And  BTW:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tvseDn0c9HzC9gvK-rH11mlGviCHRtib/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105875262482197039209&rtpof=true&sd=true

Have you run those stats past LLaMa?

Re: 1984

<IFwJM.1123930$GMN3.171330@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20137&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20137

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 22:48:07 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 02:48 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 9/3/2023 7:23 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> If you burn it you have a BBQ - BobBlack Quail...
>>
>> That one's already taken.
>
> How am I supposed to know that?
>
>> Get creative. And you left out LGT+. I thought you were DEI compliant?
>>
>> And  BTW:
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tvseDn0c9HzC9gvK-rH11mlGviCHRtib/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105875262482197039209&rtpof=true&sd=true
>>

> Have you run those stats past LLaMa?

I don't know how - but if I learned how, what do you think it would
say?......wait....what should the question be?

--
bill

Re: 1984

<3cOdnYqqhOboSmr5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20145&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20145

Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 18:35:52 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 01:35 UTC

On 9/4/2023 7:48 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> That one's already taken.
>>
>> How am I supposed to know that?
>>
>>> Get creative. And you left out LGT+. I thought you were DEI compliant?
>>>
>>> And  BTW:
>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tvseDn0c9HzC9gvK-rH11mlGviCHRtib/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105875262482197039209&rtpof=true&sd=true
>>>

>> Have you run those stats past LLaMa?
>
> I don't know how - but if I learned how, what do you think it would
> say?......wait....what should the question be?

With LLaMa, does the question matter?

Re: 1984

<yyRJM.676573$U3w1.640021@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20148&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20148

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 22:34:06 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 02:34 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 9/4/2023 7:48 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> How am I supposed to know that?

>>> Have you run those stats past LLaMa?
>>
>> I don't know how - but if I learned how, what do you think it would
>> say?......wait....what should the question be?
>>

> With LLaMa, does the question matter?

Probably not, but I don't want to unintentionally mislead the damthing
and increase its confusion - it's already self-doing a pretty good job
of that without my asking it apparently difficult questions.

The more I use these things by asking them what I allege are perfectly
reasonable questions, the more strange and factually inaccurate their
stop hanging around with them?

--
bill

Re: 1984

<iaycnaNIQN_45mX5nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20151&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20151

Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 06:15:19 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 13:15 UTC

On 9/5/2023 7:34 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> I don't know how - but if I learned how, what do you think it would
>>> say?......wait....what should the question be?
>>>

>> With LLaMa, does the question matter?
>
> Probably not, but I don't want to unintentionally mislead the damthing
> and increase its confusion - it's already self-doing a pretty good job
> of that without my asking it apparently difficult questions.
>
> The more I use these things by asking them what I allege are perfectly
> reasonable questions, the more strange and factually inaccurate their
> hanging around with them?

Why are you asking me those chicken - egg kinds of questions? My
existential knowledge unit was knocked offline by the torrent of lies
produced by (and still being produced by) the previous oval office
inhabitant.

Re: 1984

<c32KM.881481$mPI2.141376@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20153&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20153

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 12:48:07 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 16:48 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 9/5/2023 7:34 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> With LLaMa, does the question matter?
>>
>> Probably not, but I don't want to unintentionally mislead the
>> damthing and increase its confusion - it's already self-doing a
>> pretty good job of that without my asking it apparently difficult
>> questions.
>>
>> The more I use these things by asking them what I allege are
>> perfectly reasonable questions, the more strange and factually
>> inaccurate their responses get. Do you think I might be a bad
>> influence, and should stop hanging around with them?
>>

> Why are you asking me those chicken - egg kinds of questions?

I allege that you're misperceiving again - I haven't said a word about
chickens or eggs in the recent passage of time. Besides, I literally
self-answered the actual chicken/egg question to my self-satisfaction
decades ago.

> My
> existential knowledge unit was knocked offline by the torrent of lies
> produced by (and still being produced by) the previous oval office
> inhabitant.

You have my condolences about your EKU problems, but I'm sure they
have safe spaces out there, and you could rent one in which to recover
while you wait until it's safe to come out.

--
bill