Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:08:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Chenin Blanc, Sangiovese, Vermentino
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 20:08 UTC

Grilled squid salad, with the 2020 Terenzuola “Vigne Basse” Vermentino (Colli di Luni). Saline & citrus notes give it an almost Muscadet profile, but this is surprisingly soft as far as acids, at least compared to other Ligurian whites I’ve enjoyed. Some more zip would make it a better food wine. B-/C+

Shalom Japan lox bowl (sushi rice topped with lox, avocado, capers, sriracha mayo, nori, etc)2018 Pinon Vouvray Sec. Sec-tendre, vibrant acids, citrus, dried pear, and green apple with wax and honeysuckle. B+/B

Flank steak, pasta with tomato sauce, baby broccoli and the 2006 Fontodi Chianti Classico. Rich black cherry, a touch of coffee, with leathery (but not old) finish. On the brawnier side of Chianti despite being 15, nice length. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.