Old age is the most unexpected of things that can happen to a man. -- Trotsky

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / The border is secure.

SubjectAuthor
* The border is secure.bfh
`* Re: The border is secure.bfh
 +* Re: The border is secure.kmiller
 |`* Re: The border is secure.bfh
 | `* Re: The border is secure.kmiller
 |  `* Re: The border is secure.bfh
 |   `* Re: The border is secure.kmiller
 |    `- Re: The border is secure.bfh
 `* Re: The border is secure.bfh
  `* Re: The border is secure.bfh
   `* Re: The border is secure.bfh
    `* Re: The border is secure.bfh
     +- Re: The border is secure.George.Anthony
     `- Re: The border is secure.kmiller

1
The border is secure.

<Sn2PM.104481$GHI6.45759@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20328&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20328

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: The border is secure.
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:15:30 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 21:15 UTC

.....wait.....they just unwittingly forgot part of that:

They meant to say, The border is securely open.

And: We are a sanctuary city/state..........until more than a dozen
come here looking for sanctuary.
HawHawHaw!

dumbasses.............wait........maybe they're not so dumb after all.
They've already asked for TPS for these hundreds of thousands - maybe
millions. TPS will allow them to fill all the jobs that have been
"created". After that, DEI will be invoked so that they'll be able to
vote - by mail, of course.
Got some smart dumbasses out there, eh?

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<tK4PM.78519$1B%c.13362@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20330&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20330

Subject: Re: The border is secure.
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 19:56:08 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:56 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 2:15:34 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> ....wait.....they just unwittingly forgot part of that:
>>
>> They meant to say, The border is securely open.
>>
>> And: We are a sanctuary city/state..........until more than a
>> dozen come here looking for sanctuary. HawHawHaw!
>>
>> dumbasses.............wait........maybe they're not so dumb after
>> all. They've already asked for TPS for these hundreds of
>> thousands - maybe millions. TPS will allow them to fill all the
>> jobs that have been "created". After that, DEI will be invoked so
>> that they'll be able to vote - by mail, of course. Got some smart
>> dumbasses out there, eh?
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Hey, look at the bright side. During the ridiculous retrumplican
> shutdown: "Border Patrol and immigration enforcement agents would
> continue to work, as would customs officers. The Coast Guard would
> continue operations." They aren't likely to be paid until the
> shutdown ends, but that shouldn't be big deal for anyone.
>
> Better still:
>
> "Agents at the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Secret
> Service and other federal law enforcement agencies would remain on
> the job. Prison staffers likewise would continue to work.
>
> Criminal prosecutions, including the two federal cases against
> former President Donald Trump, would continue. Most civil
> litigation would be postponed."
>
> https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-government-shutdown-what-closes-what-stays-open-2023-09-21/

What is your opinion of the current border situation?

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<DsOdnY9XQsMJcpH4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20331&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20331

Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 18:36:23 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:36 UTC

On 9/21/2023 4:56 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 2:15:34 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>>> ....wait.....they just unwittingly forgot part of that:
>>>
>>> They meant to say, The border is securely open.
>>>
>>> And: We are a sanctuary city/state..........until more than a
>>> dozen come here looking for sanctuary. HawHawHaw!
>>>
>>> dumbasses.............wait........maybe they're not so dumb after
>>> all. They've already asked for TPS for these hundreds of
>>> thousands - maybe millions. TPS will allow them to fill all the
>>> jobs that have been "created". After that, DEI will be invoked so
>>> that they'll be able to vote - by mail, of course. Got some smart
>>> dumbasses out there, eh?
>>>
>>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>>
>> Hey, look at the bright side. During the ridiculous retrumplican
>> shutdown: "Border Patrol and immigration enforcement agents would
>> continue to work, as would customs officers. The Coast Guard would
>> continue operations." They aren't likely to be paid until the
>> shutdown ends, but that shouldn't be big deal for anyone.
>>
>> Better still:
>>
>> "Agents at the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Secret
>> Service and other federal law enforcement agencies would remain on
>> the job. Prison staffers likewise would continue to work.
>>
>> Criminal prosecutions, including the two federal cases against
>> former President Donald Trump, would continue. Most civil
>> litigation would be postponed."
>>
>> https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-government-shutdown-what-closes-what-stays-open-2023-09-21/
>
> What is your opinion of the current border situation?

"Situation
noun

1. manner of being situated; location or position with reference to
environment:
The situation of the house allowed for a beautiful view.

2. a place or locality."

Yes, I think the border is a situation currently and probably futurely.
HawHawHaw!

Re: The border is secure.

<Ym7PM.136173$ZXz4.55343@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20339&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20339

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:55:52 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 02:55 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 9/21/2023 4:56 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> Hey, look at the bright side. During the ridiculous retrumplican
>>> shutdown: "Border Patrol and immigration enforcement agents would
>>> continue to work, as would customs officers. The Coast Guard would
>>> continue operations." They aren't likely to be paid until the
>>> shutdown ends, but that shouldn't be big deal for anyone.
>>>
>>> Better still:
>>>
>>> "Agents at the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Secret
>>> Service and other federal law enforcement agencies would remain on
>>> the job. Prison staffers likewise would continue to work.
>>>
>>> Criminal prosecutions, including the two federal cases against
>>> former President Donald Trump, would continue. Most civil
>>> litigation would be postponed."
>>>
>>> https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-government-shutdown-what-closes-what-stays-open-2023-09-21/
>>>

>> What is your opinion of the current border situation?
>>

> "Situation
> noun
>
> 1. manner of being situated; location or position with reference to
> environment:
> The situation of the house allowed for a beautiful view.
>
> 2. a place or locality."
>
> Yes, I think the border is a situation currently and probably
> futurely. HawHawHaw!

I am not surprised.

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<3z7PM.136174$ZXz4.71963@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20340&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20340

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:08:47 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 03:08 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 4:56:12 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> Hey, look at the bright side. During the ridiculous
>>> retrumplican shutdown: "Border Patrol and immigration
>>> enforcement agents would continue to work, as would customs
>>> officers. The Coast Guard would continue operations." They
>>> aren't likely to be paid until the shutdown ends, but that
>>> shouldn't be big deal for anyone.
>>>
>>> Better still:
>>>
>>> "Agents at the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the
>>> Secret Service and other federal law enforcement agencies would
>>> remain on the job. Prison staffers likewise would continue to
>>> work.
>>>
>>> Criminal prosecutions, including the two federal cases against
>>> former President Donald Trump, would continue. Most civil
>>> litigation would be postponed."
>>>
>>> https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-government-shutdown-what-closes-what-stays-open-2023-09-21/

What is your opinion of the current border situation?
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> As I have previously mentioned: If you want to have any hope of
> getting an answer to a question about opinions, you will have to
> start by posting yours. It's just too damn easy for you to sit
> there and squirt out questions. I offer no guarantees. As I have
> also previously mentioned--many times: I am here for my own
> amazement and amusement. You might not get an answer or one that
> you will like. You would probably increase your odds of getting a
> straight answer if your opinion doesn't require the usual double
> talk and bafflegab. Or maybe not. Who knows? I lost interest in
> word games a long time ago.
>
> Just as a matter of record: I have probably spent more time near
> the border and in Mexico than anyone else here. I'm sure I've
> looked at this issue and posted about it more than anyone else
> here. So, at the moment, unless something changes drastically, I
> don't find this subject particularly exciting and dynamic. I just
> found it amusing that the same people who are most excited by this
> issue want to shut down the government and stop paying the
> essential workers protecting the border. This is reported to lead
> to a lot of absenteeism because most of those people need to find a
> way to pay the rent and buy food.

I am not surprised at that one, either.

However comma I can give you my opinion in 21 words.
Biden's policies have fucked it up to the point that the border is
just a thin black line on Google Maps.

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<DN8PM.91887$bmw6.55149@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20342&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20342

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 00:32:34 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 04:32 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>
> bill horne wrote on Jul 8, 2021, 9:30:34 AM
>
> "What's your personal opinion of the current border situation and
> Biden's handling of it?"
>

> Albert posted this response Jul 11, 2021, 1:52:20 PM
>
> "I was born in Tucson and we moved to Douglas (on the border) when I
> was about 10 years old and was raised there. It seems to me that
> there's always been a border situation with Mexico at Douglas dating
> all away back before statehood for Arizona.
>
> We had a chief of police by the name of Percy Bowden that was
> originally hired by Phelps Dodge way back in the 30s as a strike
> breaker when the miners in Bisbee were on strike. He was one of 100
> men that was hired by Phelps Dodge in El Paso and each was given a
> 3030 register and set in to the homes of the strikers in Bisbee
> packing them all up and putting them on flat cars on the Southern
> Pacific Railroad and sending them to New Mexico where they were all
> dumped out in the middle of the desert somewhere in New Mexico.
>
> Now, Percy Bowden went on to become chief of police for Douglas
> Arizona.
>
> There was one incident where there was a man from Mexico that was
> released from the Arizona penitentiary that when he was sentenced, he
> swore that he would kill Percy Bowden at the sentencing. He was
> married to a woman living in Douglas and when he got out the
> penitentiary he was deported back to Mexico.
>
> He had been sneaking back into Douglas at night to be with his wife
> and kids and one night Percy's Police Department was waiting for them
> and he went back over the fence into Mexico and some of the Douglas
> police followed him into Mexico and caught him a little over 200 yards
> in Mexico. The Mexican federal police found him lying face down with
> several bullet holes in his back.
>
> The Mexican federal police shut their side of the border down
> completely immediately. Which meant because both Douglas and Agua
> Prieta lost a lot of revenue from the trade.
>
> There were several incidents where Douglas police officers were shot
> at from across the line, fortunately no one was hurt but everyone was
> scared.
>
> So far I haven't seen anything that Pres. Biden is doing anything
> about the border situation, but I've been busy doing other things that
> are far more important to me than Biden and the border because like I
> said there's always been some kind of border situation in my lifetime.
>
> We have a next-door neighbor of ours that started flying the our flag
> upside down because " of that SOB in the White House".I pointed out to
> him that that flag that he had turned upside down represented everyone
> in the United States and that symbol was only to be used in dire
> emergencies. Apparently the VFW and American Legion got all over him

That was 2021. Since you apparently have no opinion of your own, maybe
you could ask Albert what he thinks about it now. And I'll bet there's
been no border situation in his lifetime that's like it is
now...........unless he was alive when Santa Anna came up.

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<yFaPM.91888$bmw6.78248@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20343&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20343

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 02:40:29 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 06:40 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>>> upside down represented everyone in the United States and that
>>> symbol was only to be used in dire emergencies. Apparently the
>>> VFW and American Legion got all over him and he straightened up
>>> his act.
>>>
>>> Albert"
>>>
>>> TB
>>>
>> That was 2021. Since you apparently have no opinion of your own,
>> maybe you could ask Albert what he thinks about it now. And I'll
>> bet there's been no border situation in his lifetime that's like
>> it is now...........unless he was alive when Santa Anna came up.
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> As I already said: "So, I went and looked up Albert's answer to
> this question a couple years ago because I thought it was a pretty
> good one." In order to help your weak reading comprehension I will
> restate that sentence using different words. I AGREE WITH ALBERT.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: The border is secure.

<0UiPM.108813$bmw6.58247@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20345&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20345

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 12:02:04 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 16:02 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 11:40:34 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

What is your opinion of the current border situation?

>>> As I already said: "So, I went and looked up Albert's answer
>>> to this question a couple years ago because I thought it was a
>>> pretty good one." In order to help your weak reading
>>> comprehension I will restate that sentence using different
>>> words. I AGREE WITH ALBERT.
>> Even though the current border situation is vastly different than
>> it was 2 years ago? Do you REALLY believe that Albert would give
>> the same answer today? -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it
>> don't work.
>
> I will try to make this as simple as possible, since you are
> obviously having problems understanding the English language. I
> don't give a flying fuck what Albert's opinion would be today. His
> post was a pretty good description of my opinion today.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: The border is secure.

<uekgc7$avu5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20348&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20348

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 11:46:01 -0500
<0UiPM.108813$bmw6.58247@fx10.iad>
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 16:46 UTC

<Lh6dndbiMs6A2JP4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20353&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20353

Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 18:53:36 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 01:53 UTC

On 9/21/2023 7:55 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> What is your opinion of the current border situation?
>>>

>> "Situation
>> noun
>>
>> 1. manner of being situated; location or position with reference to
>> environment:
>> The situation of the house allowed for a beautiful view.
>>
>> 2. a place or locality."
>>
>> Yes, I think the border is a situation currently and probably
>> futurely. HawHawHaw!
>
> I am not surprised.

At your age, I'm not, either.

Re: The border is secure.

<Lh6dndHiMs4N2JP4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20354&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20354

Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 18:55:31 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
<0UiPM.108813$bmw6.58247@fx10.iad>
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 01:55 UTC

<vtvPM.170778$vMO8.99331@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20357&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20357

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 02:21:14 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 06:21 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 9/21/2023 7:55 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> "Situation
>>> noun
>>>
>>> 1. manner of being situated; location or position with reference to
>>> environment:
>>> The situation of the house allowed for a beautiful view.
>>>
>>> 2. a place or locality."
>>>
>>> Yes, I think the border is a situation currently and probably
>>> futurely. HawHawHaw!
>>
>> I am not surprised.
>>

> At your age, I'm not, either.

damn. Are you at my age? I thought you were younger?

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<3TCdnQzJVvTXZJP4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20361&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20361

Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 07:42:20 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:42 UTC

On 9/22/2023 11:21 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> I am not surprised.
>>>

>> At your age, I'm not, either.
>>
> damn. Are you at my age? I thought you were younger?

No surprise there - even Mt Rainier is younger.

Re: The border is secure.

<BPEPM.26280$TwR4.4389@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20363&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20363

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:59:12 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 16:59 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 9/22/2023 11:21 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> At your age, I'm not, either.
>>>
>> damn. Are you at my age? I thought you were younger?
>>

> No surprise there - even Mt Rainier is younger.

I think I don't believe that.

--
bill