The Wright Bothers weren't the first to fly. They were just the first not to crash.

interests / alt.politics / Re: HUGE Evac Situation Developing in Florida

SubjectAuthor
* HUGE Evac Situation Developing in Florida26C.Z968
`- Re: HUGE Evac Situation Developing in Floridajdyoung

1
Re: HUGE Evac Situation Developing in Florida

<003b89e8-4504-46ea-be4c-3e1702b3a42dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20377&group=alt.politics#20377

Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 14:19:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: HUGE Evac Situation Developing in Florida
From: jondyoun...@gmail.com (jdyoung)
 by: jdyoung - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 21:19 UTC

On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 3:36:26 PM UTC-5, 26C.Z968 wrote:
> Hurricane Ian is now expected to drift into the
> states SW coast as a cat-4 or high cat-3 storm.
> It's forward motion is expected to slow a bit
> about that time - prolonging the storm effects,
> shaking things apart, heavy storm surge and
> rain.
>
> GoogleEarth it - the west coast of Florida is
> essentially a single megaopolis 150 miles long.
> It is PACKED - tight subdivisions, zillions of
> mobile-home parks, masses of waterfront condos.
>
> The Ft.Myers/Tampa area is very succeptable to
> storm surge - and that's expected to amount
> to 6-12 FEET above existing ground level. Tampa
> bay opens to the south, meaning the wind will
> funnel a big surge straight in.
>
> News shows highways seriously packed ... indeed
> at this point they should close the westbound
> interstates and have 8 lanes all heading towards
> the Orlando area.
>
> But despite all the hotels in Orlando, there may
> not be ROOM for all the people evacuating. As
> per the demographics, a lot of those will be
> rather OLD people too requiring extra care.
>
> Final insult, the storm is projected to move from
> the coast kinda up through the middle of the state,
> roughly following I-4. That means it will FOLLOW
> all those people to Orlando, even Daytona. It
> actually makes more sense to head for West Palm
> and points south - but there aren't too many good
> roads that cross the state east-west and as the
> rainfall increases and crap starts falling from
> the trees ... do you REALLY wanna be on a 2-lane
> with no shoulder out in the swamp/ranch country ???
>
> Rt 60 can take everyone from Tampa across to the
> N-S Fla Turnpike and I-95 on the east coast, but
> even that road has 2-lane sections and bits that
> are barely above swamp level on a good day.
>
> It's a problem.
>
> Florida DOES have the money to cope and the gov
> activated the Guard the minute the track showed
> Florida in The Cone. Supplies are pre-positioned.
> It's about as much as anybody can hope for, but
> it's STILL gonna be a huge mess.
>
> But - if 50-75 miles of megacity go under water ...
> then where will the evacuees GO afterwards ? They
> won't be able to live in what's left of their
> homes ... and the mobile homes will be washing
> down the rivers.
>
> Yea, yea ... you live on the 5th floor of a big
> condo - water can't get to YOU - so BIG PARTY !
> Do bear in mind a lot of those condos were built
> at the same time, probably by the same people,
> as the one near Miami that collapsed a couple
> of years ago ......
>
> ONE bit of luck - it's an ELECTION YEAR. Every
> local/state/federal pol is gonna LEAP at the
> chance to play Savior.

May widespread flooding unleash a torrent of hungry alligators to feed on the state's MAGA population.

J Young
jdyo...@ymail.com
https://www.facebook.com/jon.young.10420

HUGE Evac Situation Developing in Florida

<LOCcnZPWLP1Zw67-nZ2dnZfqnPti4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23279&group=alt.politics#23279

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics
From: 26C.Z...@noada.net (26C.Z968)
Subject: HUGE Evac Situation Developing in Florida
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 16:36:19 -0400
 by: 26C.Z968 - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 20:36 UTC