Try to get all of your posthumous medals in advance.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

SubjectAuthor
* Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to shareTechnobarbarian
+* Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers tobfh
|`* Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to shareTechnobarbarian
| `* Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to sharerobert caprel
|  `* Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to shareTechnobarbarian
|   `* Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers tobfh
|    `- Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers toGeorge.Anthony
+- Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to sharerobert caprel
`* Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to sharekmiller
 `- Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to shareDon Lampson

1
Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<318c5dba-e62b-47a7-8ccd-8d39fe1518f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20467&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20467

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:23:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:23 UTC

"
One of former President Donald Trump’s co-defendants has pleaded guilty to five counts in the 2020 election subversion case in Georgia.

Bail bondsman Scott Hall, 59, is the first defendant in the case brought by the Fulton County district attorney’s office to take a plea agreement with prosecutors.

The agreement, entered in Fulton County Superior Court on Friday afternoon, recommends a sentence of five years probation.

Hall was accused of conspiring to unlawfully access voter data and ballot counting machines at the Coffee County election office on January 7, 2021.

He spent hours inside a restricted area of the election office when voting systems were breached, which was connected to efforts by pro-Trump conspiracy theorists to find voter fraud. Hall was captured on surveillance video at the office on the day of the breach. He testified before the special grand jury in the Fulton County case and acknowledged that he gained access to a voting machine.

The sprawling racketeering case brought last month by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis accused Hall, Trump, and 17 others of participating in a broad conspiracy to overturn the election results in the Peach State.

Trump and the remaining 17 defendants have pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors in Willis’ office signaled earlier Friday that they may soon extend a plea deal to one or both of the two defendants headed to trial."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/fulton-county-election-plea-scott-hall/index.html

"Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine, surrender his firearms carry license, perform 200 hours of community service and write a letter of apology to the people of Georgia. He is not to participate in any activities related to the administration of elections, and he agreed to testify truthfully against other co-defendants if called upon to do so."

TB

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<gpJRM.53648$wO91.25941@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20468&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20468

Subject: Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to
share
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 19:50:36 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:50 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> " One of former President Donald Trump’s co-defendants has
> pleaded guilty to five counts in the 2020 election subversion case
> in Georgia.
>
> Bail bondsman Scott Hall, 59, is the first defendant in the case
> brought by the Fulton County district attorney’s office to take a
> plea agreement with prosecutors.
>
> The agreement, entered in Fulton County Superior Court on Friday
> afternoon, recommends a sentence of five years probation.
>
> Hall was accused of conspiring to unlawfully access voter data and
> ballot counting machines at the Coffee County election office on
> January 7, 2021.
>
> He spent hours inside a restricted area of the election office when
> voting systems were breached, which was connected to efforts by
> pro-Trump conspiracy theorists to find voter fraud. Hall was
> captured on surveillance video at the office on the day of the
> breach. He testified before the special grand jury in the Fulton
> County case and acknowledged that he gained access to a voting
> machine.
>
> The sprawling racketeering case brought last month by Fulton County
> District Attorney Fani Willis accused Hall, Trump, and 17 others of
> participating in a broad conspiracy to overturn the election
> results in the Peach State.
>
> Trump and the remaining 17 defendants have pleaded not guilty.
>
> Prosecutors in Willis’ office signaled earlier Friday that they
> may soon extend a plea deal to one or both of the two defendants
> headed to trial."
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/fulton-county-election-plea-scott-hall/index.html
>
> "Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine,
> surrender his firearms carry license, perform 200 hours of
> community service and write a letter of apology to the people of
> Georgia. He is not to participate in any activities related to the
> administration of elections, and he agreed to testify truthfully
> against other co-defendants if called upon to do so."

That might get interesting - for legal experts. GA no longer requires
a license to carry. However comma if he wants to carry in a
reciprocity state, he may have a problem. However comma again I've
carried in almost every state* and have never been asked to produce a
gun license.
*I'm reasonably sure that I've never carried in ND or HI or AK.

--
bill

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<6ea37483-72c2-4955-a45c-b48f504c00cbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20469&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20469

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:24:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: bobcap...@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:24 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:23:13 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "
> One of former President Donald Trump’s co-defendants has pleaded guilty to five counts in the 2020 election subversion case in Georgia.
>
> Bail bondsman Scott Hall, 59, is the first defendant in the case brought by the Fulton County district attorney’s office to take a plea agreement with prosecutors.
>
> The agreement, entered in Fulton County Superior Court on Friday afternoon, recommends a sentence of five years probation.
>
> Hall was accused of conspiring to unlawfully access voter data and ballot counting machines at the Coffee County election office on January 7, 2021.
>
> He spent hours inside a restricted area of the election office when voting systems were breached, which was connected to efforts by pro-Trump conspiracy theorists to find voter fraud. Hall was captured on surveillance video at the office on the day of the breach. He testified before the special grand jury in the Fulton County case and acknowledged that he gained access to a voting machine.
>
> The sprawling racketeering case brought last month by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis accused Hall, Trump, and 17 others of participating in a broad conspiracy to overturn the election results in the Peach State..
>
> Trump and the remaining 17 defendants have pleaded not guilty.
>
> Prosecutors in Willis’ office signaled earlier Friday that they may soon extend a plea deal to one or both of the two defendants headed to trial."
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/fulton-county-election-plea-scott-hall/index.html
>
> "Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine, surrender his firearms carry license, perform 200 hours of community service and write a letter of apology to the people of Georgia. He is not to participate in any activities related to the administration of elections, and he agreed to testify truthfully against other co-defendants if called upon to do so."
>
> TB

The Domminos are falling only 18 to go

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<O2adnX_-R7yZ44r4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20472&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20472

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:46:47 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 01:46 UTC

On 9/29/2023 4:23 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "
> One of former President Donald Trump’s co-defendants has pleaded guilty to five counts in the 2020 election subversion case in Georgia.
>
> Bail bondsman Scott Hall, 59, is the first defendant in the case brought by the Fulton County district attorney’s office to take a plea agreement with prosecutors.
>
> The agreement, entered in Fulton County Superior Court on Friday afternoon, recommends a sentence of five years probation.
>
> Hall was accused of conspiring to unlawfully access voter data and ballot counting machines at the Coffee County election office on January 7, 2021.
>
> He spent hours inside a restricted area of the election office when voting systems were breached, which was connected to efforts by pro-Trump conspiracy theorists to find voter fraud. Hall was captured on surveillance video at the office on the day of the breach. He testified before the special grand jury in the Fulton County case and acknowledged that he gained access to a voting machine.
>
> The sprawling racketeering case brought last month by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis accused Hall, Trump, and 17 others of participating in a broad conspiracy to overturn the election results in the Peach State.
>
> Trump and the remaining 17 defendants have pleaded not guilty.
>
> Prosecutors in Willis’ office signaled earlier Friday that they may soon extend a plea deal to one or both of the two defendants headed to trial."
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/fulton-county-election-plea-scott-hall/index.html
>
> "Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine, surrender his firearms carry license, perform 200 hours of community service and write a letter of apology to the people of Georgia. He is not to participate in any activities related to the administration of elections, and he agreed to testify truthfully against other co-defendants if called upon to do so."
>
> TB

I'm kind of surprised he didn't try the good old retrumplican, "I was
just a tourist" defense against those obviously weaponized politically
motivated witch hunt charges... HawHawHaw!

--
Lie down with spaghetti, get covered in tomato sauce.

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<232d52a0-7166-4858-87cd-21d56d6f632bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20480&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20480

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:08:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: donlamp...@gmail.com (Don Lampson)
 by: Don Lampson - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 05:08 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 6:46:56 PM UTC-7, kmiller wrote:
> On 9/29/2023 4:23 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> > "
> > One of former President Donald Trump’s co-defendants has pleaded guilty to five counts in the 2020 election subversion case in Georgia.
> >
> > Bail bondsman Scott Hall, 59, is the first defendant in the case brought by the Fulton County district attorney’s office to take a plea agreement with prosecutors.
> >
> > The agreement, entered in Fulton County Superior Court on Friday afternoon, recommends a sentence of five years probation.
> >
> > Hall was accused of conspiring to unlawfully access voter data and ballot counting machines at the Coffee County election office on January 7, 2021.
> >
> > He spent hours inside a restricted area of the election office when voting systems were breached, which was connected to efforts by pro-Trump conspiracy theorists to find voter fraud. Hall was captured on surveillance video at the office on the day of the breach. He testified before the special grand jury in the Fulton County case and acknowledged that he gained access to a voting machine.
> >
> > The sprawling racketeering case brought last month by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis accused Hall, Trump, and 17 others of participating in a broad conspiracy to overturn the election results in the Peach State.
> >
> > Trump and the remaining 17 defendants have pleaded not guilty.
> >
> > Prosecutors in Willis’ office signaled earlier Friday that they may soon extend a plea deal to one or both of the two defendants headed to trial."
> >
> > https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/fulton-county-election-plea-scott-hall/index.html
> >
> > "Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine, surrender his firearms carry license, perform 200 hours of community service and write a letter of apology to the people of Georgia. He is not to participate in any activities related to the administration of elections, and he agreed to testify truthfully against other co-defendants if called upon to do so.."
> >
> > TB
> I'm kind of surprised he didn't try the good old retrumplican, "I was
> just a tourist" defense against those obviously weaponized politically
> motivated witch hunt charges... HawHawHaw!
>
> --
> Lie down with spaghetti, get covered in tomato sauce.

I'd guess as a bail bondsman, he realized a fantastic deal when it was offered? I hope he'll give insight into others besides just his "crimmies, who were " filmed inside where the votes were tallied?

Lady Justice Jr.

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<fa8db0d6-8983-45b6-8bbb-f9b6c0041e61n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20485&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20485

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 06:52:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 13:52 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:50:41 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
> > " One of former President Donald Trump’s co-defendants has
> > pleaded guilty to five counts in the 2020 election subversion case
> > in Georgia.
> >
> > Bail bondsman Scott Hall, 59, is the first defendant in the case
> > brought by the Fulton County district attorney’s office to take a
> > plea agreement with prosecutors.
> >
> > The agreement, entered in Fulton County Superior Court on Friday
> > afternoon, recommends a sentence of five years probation.
> >
> > Hall was accused of conspiring to unlawfully access voter data and
> > ballot counting machines at the Coffee County election office on
> > January 7, 2021.
> >
> > He spent hours inside a restricted area of the election office when
> > voting systems were breached, which was connected to efforts by
> > pro-Trump conspiracy theorists to find voter fraud. Hall was
> > captured on surveillance video at the office on the day of the
> > breach. He testified before the special grand jury in the Fulton
> > County case and acknowledged that he gained access to a voting
> > machine.
> >
> > The sprawling racketeering case brought last month by Fulton County
> > District Attorney Fani Willis accused Hall, Trump, and 17 others of
> > participating in a broad conspiracy to overturn the election
> > results in the Peach State.
> >
> > Trump and the remaining 17 defendants have pleaded not guilty.
> >
> > Prosecutors in Willis’ office signaled earlier Friday that they
> > may soon extend a plea deal to one or both of the two defendants
> > headed to trial."
> >
> > https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/fulton-county-election-plea-scott-hall/index.html
> >
> > "Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine,
> > surrender his firearms carry license, perform 200 hours of
> > community service and write a letter of apology to the people of
> > Georgia. He is not to participate in any activities related to the
> > administration of elections, and he agreed to testify truthfully
> > against other co-defendants if called upon to do so."
> That might get interesting - for legal experts. GA no longer requires
> a license to carry. However comma if he wants to carry in a
> reciprocity state, he may have a problem. However comma again I've
> carried in almost every state* and have never been asked to produce a
> gun license.
> *I'm reasonably sure that I've never carried in ND or HI or AK.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Before they are released probationers have to agree to all sorts of conditions. One of them is usually that the probation department can search him, his home and his vehicles any time they feel like it. If he's half smart Mr. Hall will be living very carefully for the next 5 years.

TB

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<e9574497-903f-4ccd-9c69-0235b9f5cfb1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20486&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20486

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 07:35:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: bobcap...@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:35 UTC

On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 6:52:18 AM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:50:41 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> > Technobarbarian wrote:
> > > " One of former President Donald Trump’s co-defendants has
> > > pleaded guilty to five counts in the 2020 election subversion case
> > > in Georgia.
> > >
> > > Bail bondsman Scott Hall, 59, is the first defendant in the case
> > > brought by the Fulton County district attorney’s office to take a
> > > plea agreement with prosecutors.
> > >
> > > The agreement, entered in Fulton County Superior Court on Friday
> > > afternoon, recommends a sentence of five years probation.
> > >
> > > Hall was accused of conspiring to unlawfully access voter data and
> > > ballot counting machines at the Coffee County election office on
> > > January 7, 2021.
> > >
> > > He spent hours inside a restricted area of the election office when
> > > voting systems were breached, which was connected to efforts by
> > > pro-Trump conspiracy theorists to find voter fraud. Hall was
> > > captured on surveillance video at the office on the day of the
> > > breach. He testified before the special grand jury in the Fulton
> > > County case and acknowledged that he gained access to a voting
> > > machine.
> > >
> > > The sprawling racketeering case brought last month by Fulton County
> > > District Attorney Fani Willis accused Hall, Trump, and 17 others of
> > > participating in a broad conspiracy to overturn the election
> > > results in the Peach State.
> > >
> > > Trump and the remaining 17 defendants have pleaded not guilty.
> > >
> > > Prosecutors in Willis’ office signaled earlier Friday that they
> > > may soon extend a plea deal to one or both of the two defendants
> > > headed to trial."
> > >
> > > https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/fulton-county-election-plea-scott-hall/index.html
> > >
> > > "Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine,
> > > surrender his firearms carry license, perform 200 hours of
> > > community service and write a letter of apology to the people of
> > > Georgia. He is not to participate in any activities related to the
> > > administration of elections, and he agreed to testify truthfully
> > > against other co-defendants if called upon to do so."
> > That might get interesting - for legal experts. GA no longer requires
> > a license to carry. However comma if he wants to carry in a
> > reciprocity state, he may have a problem. However comma again I've
> > carried in almost every state* and have never been asked to produce a
> > gun license.
> > *I'm reasonably sure that I've never carried in ND or HI or AK.
> >
> > bill
> > Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> Before they are released probationers have to agree to all sorts of conditions. One of them is usually that the probation department can search him, his home and his vehicles any time they feel like it. If he's half smart Mr. Hall will be living very carefully for the next 5 years.
>
> TB

The most important condition will be no alcohol and no associating with other felons, this two are the ones most often violated, mind you I can see the game plan here most of the rest will jump at this and plead guilty believing all they will get is probation and be surprised when the actual judgement comes down harsh, the real holdouts are the ones with the heavy jail time. It’s the carrot and stick justice.

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<c43de3b1-8926-493c-ab3f-795785b24113n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20488&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20488

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 09:21:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:21 UTC

On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 7:35:44 AM UTC-7, robert caprel wrote:
> On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 6:52:18 AM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:

> > > That might get interesting - for legal experts. GA no longer requires
> > > a license to carry. However comma if he wants to carry in a
> > > reciprocity state, he may have a problem. However comma again I've
> > > carried in almost every state* and have never been asked to produce a
> > > gun license.
> > > *I'm reasonably sure that I've never carried in ND or HI or AK.
> > >
> > > bill
> > > Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> > Before they are released probationers have to agree to all sorts of conditions. One of them is usually that the probation department can search him, his home and his vehicles any time they feel like it. If he's half smart Mr. Hall will be living very carefully for the next 5 years.
> >
> > TB
> The most important condition will be no alcohol and no associating with other felons, this two are the ones most often violated, mind you I can see the game plan here most of the rest will jump at this and plead guilty believing all they will get is probation and be surprised when the actual judgement comes down harsh, the real holdouts are the ones with the heavy jail time. It’s the carrot and stick justice.

I don't know what they're doing these days, but, in the past here, the no alcohol provision was usually only applied if the crime had involved drugs or alcohol in some way, or if the probationer had a history of drug use or alcohol problems of any sort. It would otherwise be unusual in this case for one simple reason. At this point Mr. Hall is not a felon. He pled guilty to misdemeanors. His probation will probably not interfere with his profession. Even if he violates his probation the worst that could happen is a year in the county jail. That isn't likely, unless he seriously screws up.

TB

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<EGYRM.37337$EIy4.31137@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20489&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20489

share
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 13:13:07 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 17:13 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 7:35:44 AM UTC-7, robert
> caprel wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 6:52:18 AM UTC-7,
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

"Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine,

>>> Before they are released probationers have to agree to all
>>> sorts of conditions. One of them is usually that the probation
>>> department can search him, his home and his vehicles any time
>>> they feel like it. If he's half smart Mr. Hall will be living
>>> very carefully for the next 5 years.
>>>
>>> TB
>> The most important condition will be no alcohol and no
>> associating with other felons, this two are the ones most often
>> violated, mind you I can see the game plan here most of the rest
>> will jump at this and plead guilty believing all they will get is
>> probation and be surprised when the actual judgement comes down
>> harsh, the real holdouts are the ones with the heavy jail time.
>> It’s the carrot and stick justice.
>
> I don't know what they're doing these days, but, in the past here,
> the no alcohol provision was usually only applied if the crime had
> involved drugs or alcohol in some way, or if the probationer had a
> history of drug use or alcohol problems of any sort. It would
> otherwise be unusual in this case for one simple reason. At this
> point Mr. Hall is not a felon. He pled guilty to misdemeanors. His
> probation will probably not interfere with his profession. Even if
> he violates his probation the worst that could happen is a year in
> the county jail. That isn't likely, unless he seriously screws up.

And because it's misdemeanors and not felonies, it will be as I said -
interesting for legal experts - which I'm pretty sure none of us are.
Depending on the exact terms of the plea deal, he may or may not be
able to carry a gun in GA - which as of recently, requires no license
- and he may or may not be able to possess a gun in his home (or car)
without a license, which has never required a license for as far back
as I can remember.

--
bill

Re: Scott Hall asks for a small plate of spaghetti, and offers to share

<ufa2vk$14gu4$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20499&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20499

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
share
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:12:21 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 21:12 UTC

On 9/30/2023 12:13 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 7:35:44 AM UTC-7, robert
>> caprel wrote:

> "Under the terms of the deal, Mr. Hall is to pay a $5,000 fine,

>>> The most important condition will be no alcohol and no
>>> associating with other felons, this two are the ones most often
>>> violated, mind you I can see the game plan here most of the rest
>>> will jump at this and plead guilty believing all they will get is
>>> probation and be surprised when the actual judgement comes down
>>> harsh, the real holdouts are the ones with the heavy jail time.
>>> It’s the carrot and stick justice.
>>
>> I don't know what they're doing these days, but, in the past here,
>> the no alcohol provision was usually only applied if the crime had
>> involved drugs or alcohol in some way, or if the probationer had a
>> history of drug use or alcohol problems of any sort. It would
>> otherwise be unusual in this case for one simple reason.  At this
>> point Mr. Hall is not a felon. He pled guilty to misdemeanors. His
>> probation will probably not interfere with his profession. Even if
>> he violates his probation the worst that could happen is a year in
>> the county jail. That isn't likely, unless he seriously screws up.
>
> And because it's misdemeanors and not felonies, it will be as I said -
> interesting for legal experts - which I'm pretty sure none of us are.
> Depending on the exact terms of the plea deal, he may or may not be able
> to carry a gun in GA - which as of recently, requires no license - and
> he may or may not be able to possess a gun in his home (or car) without
> a license, which has never required a license for as far back as I can
> remember.

I used to carry daily until I lost my gun in a boating accident.
--
Thousands of unchecked illegal aliens are crossing the border all the
while I have to get my pecker x-ray'd or get felt up by a TSA agent just