Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Subject: Trump wants to be king!
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 19:46:58 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 02:46 UTC

Former President Donald Trump’s legal team went big in their latest
effort to derail the prosecution against him for conspiring to interfere
in the 2020 election: They filed a motion to dismiss that could be
called a motion to make U.S. presidents into kings.

The 52-page legal motion filed in the D.C. case asks U.S. District Judge
Tonya Chutkan to dismiss the indictment based on the concept of
“presidential immunity” that Trump argues makes him immune from any
criminal prosecution for acts he took as president. The legal precedent
underlying the motion is that presidents have been immune from civil
lawsuits over actions taken while they served as president and Justice
Department policy that sitting presidents cannot be indicted while in
office. But Trump seeks to expand this immunity from civil lawsuits for
money and DOJ’s policy of forbearance from prosecuting a sitting U.S.
president into a limitless doctrine of executive immunity that would
green light nearly any criminal actions committed by a president.

https://tinyurl.com/ypy7mx22

--
Frank Howell

Re: Trump wants to be king!

<1ccdfa0c-c2ea-43b6-936e-8f670de59b83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20608&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20608

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 20:01:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Trump wants to be king!
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 03:01 UTC

On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 7:46:53 PM UTC-7, Frank Howell wrote:
> Former President Donald Trump’s legal team went big in their latest
> effort to derail the prosecution against him for conspiring to interfere
> in the 2020 election: They filed a motion to dismiss that could be
> called a motion to make U.S. presidents into kings.
>
> The 52-page legal motion filed in the D.C. case asks U.S. District Judge
> Tonya Chutkan to dismiss the indictment based on the concept of
> “presidential immunity” that Trump argues makes him immune from any
> criminal prosecution for acts he took as president. The legal precedent
> underlying the motion is that presidents have been immune from civil
> lawsuits over actions taken while they served as president and Justice
> Department policy that sitting presidents cannot be indicted while in
> office. But Trump seeks to expand this immunity from civil lawsuits for
> money and DOJ’s policy of forbearance from prosecuting a sitting U.S.
> president into a limitless doctrine of executive immunity that would
> green light nearly any criminal actions committed by a president.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/ypy7mx22
>
> --
> Frank Howell

His lawyers are hoping to find a constitutional case they can take to the Supreme court he packed. Even under those circumstances they are unlikely to prevail. This is just part of #45's standard operating procedure--stall and delay as long as you can.

TB

Re: Trump wants to be king!

<ufu93f$33rl0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20611&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20611

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 12:59:27 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:g/GtcnepRqnZ+rYrK4RUReZPEio=
 by: George.Anthony - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 12:59 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 7:46:53 PM UTC-7, Frank Howell wrote:
>> Former President Donald Trump’s legal team went big in their latest
>> effort to derail the prosecution against him for conspiring to interfere
>> in the 2020 election: They filed a motion to dismiss that could be
>> called a motion to make U.S. presidents into kings.
>>
>> The 52-page legal motion filed in the D.C. case asks U.S. District Judge
>> Tonya Chutkan to dismiss the indictment based on the concept of
>> “presidential immunity” that Trump argues makes him immune from any
>> criminal prosecution for acts he took as president. The legal precedent
>> underlying the motion is that presidents have been immune from civil
>> lawsuits over actions taken while they served as president and Justice
>> Department policy that sitting presidents cannot be indicted while in
>> office. But Trump seeks to expand this immunity from civil lawsuits for
>> money and DOJ’s policy of forbearance from prosecuting a sitting U.S.
>> president into a limitless doctrine of executive immunity that would
>> green light nearly any criminal actions committed by a president.
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/ypy7mx22
>>
>> --
>> Frank Howell
>
> His lawyers are hoping to find a constitutional case they can take
> to the Supreme court he packed.

He packed? Bwah hah hah, haw haw haw, snicker snicker. He submitted to
congress the names of candidates to fill vacancies. His job per the
Constitution and nothing different than Obama did. Speaking of Obama,
remember, “elections have consequences”. Some positive like the resulting
SCOTUS and some negative like the results of this latest election.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

Re: Trump wants to be king!

<J4GcnUxo_Ot3Ir_4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20612&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20612

Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 07:42:52 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 14:42 UTC

On 10/7/2023 8:01 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 7:46:53 PM UTC-7, Frank Howell wrote:
>> Former President Donald Trump’s legal team went big in their latest
>> effort to derail the prosecution against him for conspiring to interfere
>> in the 2020 election: They filed a motion to dismiss that could be
>> called a motion to make U.S. presidents into kings.
>>
>> The 52-page legal motion filed in the D.C. case asks U.S. District Judge
>> Tonya Chutkan to dismiss the indictment based on the concept of
>> “presidential immunity” that Trump argues makes him immune from any
>> criminal prosecution for acts he took as president. The legal precedent
>> underlying the motion is that presidents have been immune from civil
>> lawsuits over actions taken while they served as president and Justice
>> Department policy that sitting presidents cannot be indicted while in
>> office. But Trump seeks to expand this immunity from civil lawsuits for
>> money and DOJ’s policy of forbearance from prosecuting a sitting U.S.
>> president into a limitless doctrine of executive immunity that would
>> green light nearly any criminal actions committed by a president.
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/ypy7mx22
>>
>> --
>> Frank Howell
>
> His lawyers are hoping to find a constitutional case they can take to the Supreme court he packed. Even under those circumstances they are unlikely to prevail. This is just part of #45's standard operating procedure--stall and delay as long as you can.
>
> TB

Some here would call it "antipasto". HawHawHaw!