From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: GOP Congressman Says GOP Has Gone Feral
Date: 18 Oct 2022 13:54:03 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 13:54 UTC

| The base of my former political party is fully radicalized.
| They no longer belief in truth, they've given up on
| democracy, they see violence as a necessary tool, and they
| want a dictator to give them their country back.
|
| I hear this every day. It's worse than you think.

<https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/1582333001442426881>
(William Joseph Walsh [ex-]R-IL)

--bks

Re: GOP Congressman Says GOP Has Gone Feral

<XnsAF3460B87A2EDnoemailcomcastnet@69.80.101.48>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20673&group=alt.politics#20673

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: GOP Congressman Says GOP Has Gone Feral
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 14:34:55 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 14:34 UTC

bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in news:timb5r$kft$1
@panix3.panix.com:

> | The base of my former political party is fully radicalized.
> | They no longer belief in truth, they've given up on
> | democracy, they see violence as a necessary tool, and they
> | want a dictator to give them their country back.
> |
> | I hear this every day. It's worse than you think.
> |
> <https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/1582333001442426881>
> (William Joseph Walsh [ex-]R-IL)
>
> --bks

That runbling sound is Barry Goldwater
turning over in his grave........

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get
control of the Republican party, and they're
sure trying to do so, it's going to bea terrible
damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me.
Politics and governing demand compromise. But
these Christians believe they are acting in the
name of God, so they can't and won't compromise.
I know,I've tried to deal with them."
Barry Goldwaters, November 1994, as quoted in
John Dean, Conservatives Without Conscience

Re: GOP Congressman Says GOP Has Gone Feral

<dLF3L.880819$nwq3.584031@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20690&group=alt.politics#20690

From: NoO...@none.com (Nevermind)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 22:27:21 GMT
 by: Nevermind - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 22:27 UTC

> bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in news:timb5r$kft$1
> @panix3.panix.com:
>

> > | The base of my former political party is fully radicalized.
> > | They no longer belief in truth, they've given up on
> > | democracy, they see violence as a necessary tool, and they
> > | want a dictator to give them their country back.
> > |
> > | I hear this every day. It's worse than you think.
> > |
> > <https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/1582333001442426881>
> > (William Joseph Walsh [ex-]R-IL)
> >
> > --bks
> >

> That runbling sound is Barry Goldwater
> turning over in his grave........
>

> "Mark my word, if and when these preachers get
> control of the Republican party, and they're
> sure trying to do so, it's going to bea terrible
> damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me.
> Politics and governing demand compromise. But
> these Christians believe they are acting in the
> name of God, so they can't and won't compromise.
> I know,I've tried to deal with them."
> Barry Goldwaters, November 1994, as quoted in
> John Dean, Conservatives Without Conscience

Amen. It's sad to see a once-great party prioritize violence as a political solution over discussion and voting.

Re: GOP Congressman Says GOP Has Gone Feral

<aukukhtr3vbaptkdhplmmvj1q26897q2rr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20699&group=alt.politics#20699

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 21:33:37 -0400
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Wed, 19 Oct 2022 01:33 UTC

On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 14:34:55 +0000, Mitchell Holman
<noemail@verizon.net> wrote:

>"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get
>control of the Republican party, and they're
>sure trying to do so, it's going to bea terrible
>damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me.
>Politics and governing demand compromise. But
>these Christians believe they are acting in the
>name of God, so they can't and won't compromise.
>I know,I've tried to deal with them."
>Barry Goldwaters, November 1994, as quoted in
>John Dean, Conservatives Without Conscience

And in his day, Barry was considered a right wing radical.

Get religion out of politics!

Swill
--
What am I? I'm a progressive in my compassion for the vulnerable.
I'm a libertarian in my passion for freedom and I'm a consevative

Re: GOP Congressman Says GOP Has Gone Feral

<tj7lnm$1tkra$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23792&group=alt.politics#23792

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Gronk)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 21:38:30 -0600
 by: Gronk - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 03:38 UTC

Mitchell Holman wrote:
> bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in news:timb5r$kft$1
> @panix3.panix.com:
>> | The base of my former political party is fully radicalized.
>> | They no longer belief in truth, they've given up on
>> | democracy, they see violence as a necessary tool, and they
>> | want a dictator to give them their country back.
>> |
>> | I hear this every day. It's worse than you think.
>> |
>> <https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/1582333001442426881>
>> (William Joseph Walsh [ex-]R-IL)
>
> That runbling sound is Barry Goldwater
> turning over in his grave........
>
> "Mark my word, if and when these preachers get
> control of the Republican party, and they're
> sure trying to do so, it's going to bea terrible
> damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me.
> Politics and governing demand compromise. But
> these Christians believe they are acting in the
> name of God, so they can't and won't compromise.
> I know,I've tried to deal with them."
> Barry Goldwaters, November 1994, as quoted in
> John Dean, Conservatives Without Conscience

https://pen.org/multimedia/2019-literary-gala-bob-woodward-literary-service-award/

I want to go back to a time where Barry Goldwater broke the silence of the
Republicans. Carl Bernstein and I were able to get in his apartment one night
because he invited us. It was after Nixon resigned and he read his personal
diary to us. The diary entry of August 7, 1974, was Goldwater, as the
conscious
of the Republican party, went to the White House with the Republican leaders
from the Senate and the House. Nixon knew he was going to be impeached,
charged in the House. The smoking gun tape was released two days earlier,
and it was very evident that the support was eroding but the corner had not
been turned.

So at the meeting, President Nixon said to Goldwater: “Barry, how many votes
do I have in the Senate?” And Nixon kind of in his awkward way joked:
“Well, 20.” Of course, 20 would not be enough. He would need 34 to stay in
office. Then Goldwater said the following: “Mr. President, I have counted the
Republicans and you have four votes, and one of them is not mine.”

Today:
BAMBOO BALLOTS! MAGIC THERMOSTATS! BALLOTS FROM NORTH KOREA!