It's all right letting yourself go as long as you can let yourself back. -- Mick Jagger

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Orange paint

SubjectAuthor
* Orange paintHank
+* Re: Orange paintTechnobarbarian
|`- Re: Orange paintHank
`* Re: Orange paintbfh
 `* Re: Orange paintHank
  `- Re: Orange paintrobert caprel

1
Orange paint

<29252e57-96d8-4ffd-bdc0-7b7b5f1185cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20672&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20672

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:37:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Orange paint
From: trailbla...@gmail.com (Hank)
 by: Hank - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 05:37 UTC

I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this page to ask a real RV type question).
Anyway, the painter said he like the orange because he gets tired of painting the boring white. My daughter hated it, my wife said it looked "OK". Everyone else likes it, but they could be lying.
Everyone saw it before I put up pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I wanted, she agreed. I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it. She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV. The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in clothes, cars, and Backroom bars.

Hank, too suave to be into Mauve

Re: Orange paint

<488188b8-37e5-45bf-9dbf-5bd171830fafn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20673&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20673

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 23:15:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Orange paint
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 06:15 UTC

On Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 10:37:55 PM UTC-7, Hank wrote:
> I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this page to ask a real RV type question).
> Anyway, the painter said he like the orange because he gets tired of painting the boring white. My daughter hated it, my wife said it looked "OK". Everyone else likes it, but they could be lying.
> Everyone saw it before I put up pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I wanted, she agreed. I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it. She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV. The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in clothes, cars, and Backroom bars.
>
> Hank, too suave to be into Mauve

My first car was a '53 Ford. My Dad was the shop foreman at a dealership and I had know most of the guys for long time. The painter had an extra gallon of orange paint because he had painted a Union 76 truck. I did the prep work and it cost me a couple of 6 packs to get my car painted orange.. I had seen that guy do a nice lacquer job when he was so drunk that two guys had to hold him while he was doing it. Getting your car painted orange in a small town is not a good idea. Everyone recognized me from a long way off.

TB

Re: Orange paint

<a%6WM.5071$EUq9.4086@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20674&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20674

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 04:13:57 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 08:13 UTC

Hank wrote:
> I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one
> wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I
> never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this
> page to ask a real RV type question).

I allege that you should get one of these:
https://tinyurl.com/wfwsz9cb
and cut out the face - except for the ears - and stick it on the wall.

--
bill

Re: Orange paint

<cdd106bd-b6e3-4a72-8de3-eb7a9a330502n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20683&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20683

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 14:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: trailbla...@gmail.com (Hank)
 by: Hank - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 21:04 UTC

On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 4:14:01 AM UTC-4, bfh wrote:
> Hank wrote:
> > I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one
> > wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I
> > never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this
> > page to ask a real RV type question).
> I allege that you should get one of these:
> https://tinyurl.com/wfwsz9cb
> and cut out the face - except for the ears - and stick it on the wall.
> > Anyway, the painter said he
> > like the orange because he gets tired of painting the boring white.
> > My daughter hated it, my wife said it looked "OK". Everyone else
> > likes it, but they could be lying. Everyone saw it before I put up
> > pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it
> > looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it
> > built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I
> > wanted, she agreed. I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she
> > saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it.
> > She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV.
> > The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in
> > clothes, cars, and Backroom bars.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

No, no, no! You're not sucking me into a political conversation. I have stepped away from politics and now concentrating on nothing but useless trivial bullshit chit chat. I am too old to let this thing they call politics ruin my fun.

Re: Orange paint

<32c9b780-1a3b-4d3a-91ea-a349794b417fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20684&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20684

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 14:09:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: trailbla...@gmail.com (Hank)
 by: Hank - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 21:09 UTC

On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 2:15:24 AM UTC-4, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 10:37:55 PM UTC-7, Hank wrote:
> > I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this page to ask a real RV type question).
> > Anyway, the painter said he like the orange because he gets tired of painting the boring white. My daughter hated it, my wife said it looked "OK". Everyone else likes it, but they could be lying.
> > Everyone saw it before I put up pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I wanted, she agreed. I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it. She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV. The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in clothes, cars, and Backroom bars.
> >
> > Hank, too suave to be into Mauve
> My first car was a '53 Ford. My Dad was the shop foreman at a dealership and I had know most of the guys for long time. The painter had an extra gallon of orange paint because he had painted a Union 76 truck. I did the prep work and it cost me a couple of 6 packs to get my car painted orange. I had seen that guy do a nice lacquer job when he was so drunk that two guys had to hold him while he was doing it. Getting your car painted orange in a small town is not a good idea. Everyone recognized me from a long way off.
>
> TB
I had a 1962 Buick Skylark painted School bus yellow back in the late 60's. Earl Schieb had an ad "I'll paint any car for $29.95" (limited colors)". Yes every cop knew the car. And yes, it was ugly.

Re: Orange paint

<40030084-231b-4397-ae58-0a0fbe4d7454n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20694&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20694

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 13:57:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: bobcap...@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:57 UTC

On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 2:04:30 PM UTC-7, Hank wrote:
> On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 4:14:01 AM UTC-4, bfh wrote:
> > Hank wrote:
> > > I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one
> > > wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I
> > > never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this
> > > page to ask a real RV type question).
> > I allege that you should get one of these:
> > https://tinyurl.com/wfwsz9cb
> > and cut out the face - except for the ears - and stick it on the wall.
> > > Anyway, the painter said he
> > > like the orange because he gets tired of painting the boring white.
> > > My daughter hated it, my wife said it looked "OK". Everyone else
> > > likes it, but they could be lying. Everyone saw it before I put up
> > > pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it
> > > looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it
> > > built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I
> > > wanted, she agreed. I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she
> > > saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it.
> > > She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV.
> > > The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in
> > > clothes, cars, and Backroom bars.
> > --
> > bill
> > Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> No, no, no! You're not sucking me into a political conversation. I have stepped away from politics and now concentrating on nothing but useless trivial bullshit chit chat. I am too old to let this thing they call politics ruin my fun.

And here I always taught politics was useless drivel and everything else was live!