(1) Everything depends. (2) Nothing is always. (3) Everything is sometimes.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Gotta love it

SubjectAuthor
* Gotta love itsticks
`* Re: Gotta love itbfh
 `* Re: Gotta love itsticks
  +- Re: Gotta love itTechnobarbarian
  +* Re: Gotta love itbfh
  |+* Re: Gotta love itsticks
  ||+- Re: Gotta love itbfh
  ||`* Re: Gotta love itrobert caprel
  || `* Re: Gotta love itTechnobarbarian
  ||  +- Re: Gotta love itdm_callier
  ||  `- Re: Gotta love itkmiller
  |`* Re: Gotta love itkmiller
  | `* Re: Gotta love itbfh
  |  `* Re: Gotta love itkmiller
  |   `- Re: Gotta love itbfh
  `- Re: Gotta love itsticks

1
Gotta love it

<ugjlng$1gouk$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20703&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20703

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Gotta love it
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:43:45 -0500
 by: sticks - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 15:43 UTC

The campground is nice and quiet. The noisy ones have all been "slipped
on a banana". Ray Banana. Ha!

Re: Gotta love it

<OGeXM.13300$rEF.8434@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20707&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20707

Subject: Re: Gotta love it
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:47:25 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 17:47 UTC

sticks wrote:
> The campground is nice and quiet.  The noisy ones have all been
> "slipped on a banana".  Ray Banana.  Ha!

At the end of the day going forward, that's literally an outrageous
allegation without any statistically significant context to provide a
basis for understanding ......ummmm.....what the hell you're talking
about.

--
bill

Re: Gotta love it

<ugjtpq$1jcvs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20708&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20708

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:01:29 -0500
 by: sticks - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 18:01 UTC

On 10/16/2023 12:47 PM, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
>> The campground is nice and quiet.  The noisy ones have all been
>> "slipped on a banana".  Ray Banana.  Ha!
>
> At the end of the day going forward, that's literally an outrageous
> allegation without any statistically significant context to provide a
> basis for understanding ......ummmm.....what the hell you're talking about.

It looks like you have an account with astraweb? Not sure how they're
dealing with spam, so you might not be affected. Eternal-September,
along with others, are fighting to stop the flood of spam coming from
google groups, as google refuses to address the issue at all. As of a
couple days ago, all post originating from google.groups are deleted at
the server level. Though I had earlier done something similar locally
with my filters, I did not delete articles, but had them marked as read.
Now, they're simply gone. Poof!

If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups, your
provider isn't doing this....yet.

Re: Gotta love it

<3c0099e5-e703-4e5d-99b9-8c605cba099en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20709&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20709

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 11:27:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 18:27 UTC

On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 11:01:33 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 12:47 PM, bfh wrote:
> > sticks wrote:
> >> The campground is nice and quiet. The noisy ones have all been
> >> "slipped on a banana". Ray Banana. Ha!
> >
> > At the end of the day going forward, that's literally an outrageous
> > allegation without any statistically significant context to provide a
> > basis for understanding ......ummmm.....what the hell you're talking about.
> It looks like you have an account with astraweb? Not sure how they're
> dealing with spam, so you might not be affected. Eternal-September,
> along with others, are fighting to stop the flood of spam coming from
> google groups, as google refuses to address the issue at all. As of a
> couple days ago, all post originating from google.groups are deleted at
> the server level. Though I had earlier done something similar locally
> with my filters, I did not delete articles, but had them marked as read.
> Now, they're simply gone. Poof!
>
> If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups, your
> provider isn't doing this....yet.

hmm, That's odd. I'm on Google groups and I am not seeing any spam on this group.

TB

Re: Gotta love it

<RFfXM.18316$KCJd.3247@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20712&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20712

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:54:40 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 18:54 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 12:47 PM, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:
>>> The campground is nice and quiet.  The noisy ones have all been
>>> "slipped on a banana".  Ray Banana.  Ha!
>>
>> At the end of the day going forward, that's literally an outrageous
>> allegation without any statistically significant context to provide
>> a basis for understanding ......ummmm.....what the hell you're
>> talking about.
>
> It looks like you have an account with astraweb?  Not sure how they're
> dealing with spam, so you might not be affected.  Eternal-September,
> along with others, are fighting to stop the flood of spam coming from
> google groups, as google refuses to address the issue at all.  As of a
> couple days ago, all post originating from google.groups are deleted
> at the server level.  Though I had earlier done something similar
> locally with my filters, I did not delete articles, but had them
> marked as read.  Now, they're simply gone.  Poof!
>
> If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups, your
> provider isn't doing this....yet.

Well, I hope they don't start. That would literally be undiverse,
inequitable, and inclusionless. Besides, I think TB and dim post - at
least sometimes - from Google Groups, and if they bleach them out of
here, where would I get my minimum daily requirement of hoots in my
entertainment diet?

Besides again, I'm perfectly capable of setting my own filters - or of
just self-deciding on the fly what I want or don't want to read - and
I don't need or want any frickin upstream nannies deciding for me.

Now, what about the banana thing?

--
bill

Re: Gotta love it

<ugk1tb$1k6df$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20713&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20713

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:11:40 -0500
 by: sticks - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 19:11 UTC

On 10/16/2023 1:54 PM, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
>>>
>>> At the end of the day going forward, that's literally an outrageous
>>> allegation without any statistically significant context to provide a
>>> basis for understanding ......ummmm.....what the hell you're talking
>>> about.
>>
>> It looks like you have an account with astraweb?  Not sure how they're
>> dealing with spam, so you might not be affected.  Eternal-September,
>> along with others, are fighting to stop the flood of spam coming from
>> google groups, as google refuses to address the issue at all.  As of a
>> couple days ago, all post originating from google.groups are deleted
>> at the server level.  Though I had earlier done something similar
>> locally with my filters, I did not delete articles, but had them
>> marked as read.  Now, they're simply gone.  Poof!
>>
>> If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups, your
>> provider isn't doing this....yet.
>>
> Well, I hope they don't start. That would literally be undiverse,
> inequitable, and inclusionless. Besides, I think TB and dim post - at
> least sometimes - from Google Groups, and if they bleach them out of
> here, where would I get my minimum daily requirement of hoots in my
> entertainment diet?
>
> Besides again, I'm perfectly capable of setting my own filters - or of
> just self-deciding on the fly what I want or don't want to read - and I
> don't need or want any frickin upstream nannies deciding for me.

They all use something, most of it you never notice. This recent effort
has something to do with the incredible amount of illegal drug spam
coming from google. It is flooding many groups.

> Now, what about the banana thing?

Not being an E-S subscriber you might not have heard of him. He's the
owner. Great guy!

Re: Gotta love it

<1WgXM.2905$3um9.557@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20717&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20717

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 16:20:11 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 20:20 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 1:54 PM, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

>>> It looks like you have an account with astraweb?  Not sure how
>>> they're dealing with spam, so you might not be affected.Â
>>> Eternal-September, along with others, are fighting to stop the
>>> flood of spam coming from google groups, as google refuses to
>>> address the issue at all.  As of a couple days ago, all post
>>> originating from google.groups are deleted at the server level.Â
>>> Though I had earlier done something similar locally with my
>>> filters, I did not delete articles, but had them marked as read.
>>>  Now, they're simply gone.  Poof!
>>>
>>> If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups,
>>> your provider isn't doing this....yet.
>>>
>> Well, I hope they don't start. That would literally be undiverse,
>> inequitable, and inclusionless. Besides, I think TB and dim post -
>> at least sometimes - from Google Groups, and if they bleach them out
>> of here, where would I get my minimum daily requirement of hoots in
>> my entertainment diet?
>>
>> Besides again, I'm perfectly capable of setting my own filters - or
>> of just self-deciding on the fly what I want or don't want to read -
>> and I don't need or want any frickin upstream nannies deciding for me.
>
> They all use something, most of it you never notice.  This recent
> effort has something to do with the incredible amount of illegal drug
> spam coming from google.  It is flooding many groups.
>
>> Now, what about the banana thing?
>
> Not being an E-S subscriber you might not have heard of him.  He's the
> owner.  Great guy!

And not being an ES subscriber, I'm still no closer to knowing about
campgrounds slipping on bananas.

--
bill

Re: Gotta love it

<a0ad348d-0c6c-4520-8fc7-56edf2f9514dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20718&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20718

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:45:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: bobcap...@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 21:45 UTC

On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 12:11:43 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 1:54 PM, bfh wrote:
> > sticks wrote:

> >> It looks like you have an account with astraweb? Not sure how they're
> >> dealing with spam, so you might not be affected. Eternal-September,
> >> along with others, are fighting to stop the flood of spam coming from
> >> google groups, as google refuses to address the issue at all. As of a
> >> couple days ago, all post originating from google.groups are deleted
> >> at the server level. Though I had earlier done something similar
> >> locally with my filters, I did not delete articles, but had them
> >> marked as read. Now, they're simply gone. Poof!
> >>
> >> If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups, your
> >> provider isn't doing this....yet.
> >>
> > Well, I hope they don't start. That would literally be undiverse,
> > inequitable, and inclusionless. Besides, I think TB and dim post - at
> > least sometimes - from Google Groups, and if they bleach them out of
> > here, where would I get my minimum daily requirement of hoots in my
> > entertainment diet?
> >
> > Besides again, I'm perfectly capable of setting my own filters - or of
> > just self-deciding on the fly what I want or don't want to read - and I
> > don't need or want any frickin upstream nannies deciding for me.
> They all use something, most of it you never notice. This recent effort
> has something to do with the incredible amount of illegal drug spam
> coming from google. It is flooding many groups.
> > Now, what about the banana thing?
> Not being an E-S subscriber you might not have heard of him. He's the
> owner. Great guy!

Quit crabbing it’s all trumps fault he should have stopped when he created truth social that’s neater truth but antisocial.

Re: Gotta love it

<3b9680c5-ae1e-4f1f-bb17-179f1df8d0fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20719&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20719

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 21:59 UTC

On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 2:45:55 PM UTC-7, robert caprel wrote:
> On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 12:11:43 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

> > > Well, I hope they don't start. That would literally be undiverse,
> > > inequitable, and inclusionless. Besides, I think TB and dim post - at
> > > least sometimes - from Google Groups, and if they bleach them out of
> > > here, where would I get my minimum daily requirement of hoots in my
> > > entertainment diet?
> > >
> > > Besides again, I'm perfectly capable of setting my own filters - or of
> > > just self-deciding on the fly what I want or don't want to read - and I
> > > don't need or want any frickin upstream nannies deciding for me.
> > They all use something, most of it you never notice. This recent effort
> > has something to do with the incredible amount of illegal drug spam
> > coming from google. It is flooding many groups.
> > > Now, what about the banana thing?
> > Not being an E-S subscriber you might not have heard of him. He's the
> > owner. Great guy!
> Quit crabbing it’s all trumps fault he should have stopped when he created truth social that’s neater truth but antisocial.

"Biden Joins Trump's Truth Social Site 'Because We Thought It Would Be Very Funny'"

It looks President Joe Biden may be able to do something Donald Trump couldn’t: get people to join the former president’s Truth Social platform.

Biden’s presidential campaign announced Monday that it would be joining Truth Social in order to “[meet] voters where they are,” a Biden campaign official told Fox News.

The spokesperson added: “Republicans can’t even agree on a speaker of the House, so clearly, not every Republican thinks the same.”

Although the campaign plans to use its new Truth Social presence to combat misinformation, there’s another reason the campaign signed up. It admitted on X, formerly Twitter, that it joined Trump’s social network site “mostly because we thought it would be very funny.”

The first post from @BidenHQ read: “Well. Let’s see how this goes. Converts welcome!”

Biden’s campaign has already made several posts, some which feature Republican politicians such as Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), former UN ambassador Nikki Haley and Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz criticizing or disagreeing with Trump.

“We will be leveraging the fact that Republicans can sometimes be our best messengers,” a campaign official told Fox News.

This is in keeping with the president’s previous social media push, which took statements from Republicans like Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and turned them into campaign ads.

Although Trump probably won’t appreciate the trolling, it could attract more eyeballs to the platform, which has been having financial difficulties in recent weeks, according to Newsweek.

Truth Social celebrates its second anniversary on Friday, but only has about 2 million active users, compared to 450 million for X and 2.91 billion for Facebook, according to Search Logistics.

The news that Biden was joining Trump’s social media network attracted a lot of interest on X.
[snip]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-joins-trumps-truth-social-205953605.html

TB

Re: Gotta love it

<cad3a683-4b3e-4859-a6ae-b5a7caedf100n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20720&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20720

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 16:07:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: dm.call...@gmail.com (dm_callier)
 by: dm_callier - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 23:07 UTC

On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 2:59:43 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 2:45:55 PM UTC-7, robert caprel wrote:

> > > They all use something, most of it you never notice. This recent effort
> > > has something to do with the incredible amount of illegal drug spam
> > > coming from google. It is flooding many groups.
> > > Not being an E-S subscriber you might not have heard of him. He's the
> > > owner. Great guy!
> > Quit crabbing it’s all trumps fault he should have stopped when he created truth social that’s neater truth but antisocial.
> "Biden Joins Trump's Truth Social Site 'Because We Thought It Would Be Very Funny'"
>
> It looks President Joe Biden may be able to do something Donald Trump couldn’t: get people to join the former president’s Truth Social platform.
>
> Biden’s presidential campaign announced Monday that it would be joining Truth Social in order to “[meet] voters where they are,” a Biden campaign official told Fox News.
>
> The spokesperson added: “Republicans can’t even agree on a speaker of the House, so clearly, not every Republican thinks the same.”
>
> Although the campaign plans to use its new Truth Social presence to combat misinformation, there’s another reason the campaign signed up. It admitted on X, formerly Twitter, that it joined Trump’s social network site “mostly because we thought it would be very funny.”
>
> The first post from @BidenHQ read: “Well. Let’s see how this goes. Converts welcome!”
>
> Biden’s campaign has already made several posts, some which feature Republican politicians such as Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), former UN ambassador Nikki Haley and Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz criticizing or disagreeing with Trump.
>
> “We will be leveraging the fact that Republicans can sometimes be our best messengers,” a campaign official told Fox News.
>
> This is in keeping with the president’s previous social media push, which took statements from Republicans like Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and turned them into campaign ads.
>
> Although Trump probably won’t appreciate the trolling, it could attract more eyeballs to the platform, which has been having financial difficulties in recent weeks, according to Newsweek.
>
> Truth Social celebrates its second anniversary on Friday, but only has about 2 million active users, compared to 450 million for X and 2.91 billion for Facebook, according to Search Logistics.
>
> The news that Biden was joining Trump’s social media network attracted a lot of interest on X.
> [snip]
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-joins-trumps-truth-social-205953605.html
>
> TB
Lol, Gramps joins all the Magaloondumasus mericanii on Turd Sucksall, what a hoot!

Enjoy the day,
dmc

Re: Gotta love it

<vmudnZOtFYr8aLD4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20721&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20721

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 19:45:56 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:45 UTC

On 10/16/2023 11:54 AM, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
>>>
>>> At the end of the day going forward, that's literally an outrageous
>>> allegation without any statistically significant context to provide a
>>> basis for understanding ......ummmm.....what the hell you're talking
>>> about.
>>
>> It looks like you have an account with astraweb?  Not sure how they're
>> dealing with spam, so you might not be affected.  Eternal-September,
>> along with others, are fighting to stop the flood of spam coming from
>> google groups, as google refuses to address the issue at all.  As of a
>> couple days ago, all post originating from google.groups are deleted
>> at the server level.  Though I had earlier done something similar
>> locally with my filters, I did not delete articles, but had them
>> marked as read.  Now, they're simply gone.  Poof!
>>
>> If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups, your
>> provider isn't doing this....yet.
>>
> Well, I hope they don't start. That would literally be undiverse,
> inequitable, and inclusionless. Besides, I think TB and dim post - at
> least sometimes - from Google Groups, and if they bleach them out of
> here, where would I get my minimum daily requirement of hoots in my
> entertainment diet?

If you quit giving a hoot maybe you wouldn't need any more.

> Besides again, I'm perfectly capable of setting my own filters - or of
> just self-deciding on the fly what I want or don't want to read - and I
> don't need or want any frickin upstream nannies deciding for me.
> > Now, what about the banana thing?

Re: Gotta love it

<vmudnZKtFYqta7D4nZ2dnZfqnPYAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20722&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20722

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 19:49:23 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:49 UTC

On 10/16/2023 2:59 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 2:45:55 PM UTC-7, robert caprel wrote:

>>> They all use something, most of it you never notice. This recent effort
>>> has something to do with the incredible amount of illegal drug spam
>>> coming from google. It is flooding many groups.
>>> Not being an E-S subscriber you might not have heard of him. He's the
>>> owner. Great guy!
>> Quit crabbing it’s all trumps fault he should have stopped when he created truth social that’s neater truth but antisocial.
>
> "Biden Joins Trump's Truth Social Site 'Because We Thought It Would Be Very Funny'"
>
> It looks President Joe Biden may be able to do something Donald Trump couldn’t: get people to join the former president’s Truth Social platform.
>
> Biden’s presidential campaign announced Monday that it would be joining Truth Social in order to “[meet] voters where they are,” a Biden campaign official told Fox News.

The average IQ there is significantly lower than Biden's age. That'll
raise the average there by a factor of two.

> The spokesperson added: “Republicans can’t even agree on a speaker of the House, so clearly, not every Republican thinks the same.”
>
> Although the campaign plans to use its new Truth Social presence to combat misinformation, there’s another reason the campaign signed up. It admitted on X, formerly Twitter, that it joined Trump’s social network site “mostly because we thought it would be very funny.”
>
> The first post from @BidenHQ read: “Well. Let’s see how this goes. Converts welcome!”
>
> Biden’s campaign has already made several posts, some which feature Republican politicians such as Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), former UN ambassador Nikki Haley and Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz criticizing or disagreeing with Trump.
>
> “We will be leveraging the fact that Republicans can sometimes be our best messengers,” a campaign official told Fox News.
>
> This is in keeping with the president’s previous social media push, which took statements from Republicans like Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and turned them into campaign ads.
>
> Although Trump probably won’t appreciate the trolling, it could attract more eyeballs to the platform, which has been having financial difficulties in recent weeks, according to Newsweek.
>
> Truth Social celebrates its second anniversary on Friday, but only has about 2 million active users, compared to 450 million for X and 2.91 billion for Facebook, according to Search Logistics.
>
> The news that Biden was joining Trump’s social media network attracted a lot of interest on X.
> [snip]
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-joins-trumps-truth-social-205953605.html
>
> TB

Re: Gotta love it

<BUmXM.52461$0UVe.18981@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20723&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20723

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 23:08:16 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 03:08 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 11:54 AM, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

>>> It looks like you have an account with astraweb?  Not sure how
>>> they're dealing with spam, so you might not be affected.Â
>>> Eternal-September, along with others, are fighting to stop the
>>> flood of spam coming from google groups, as google refuses to
>>> address the issue at all.  As of a couple days ago, all post
>>> originating from google.groups are deleted at the server level.Â
>>> Though I had earlier done something similar locally with my
>>> filters, I did not delete articles, but had them marked as read.
>>>  Now, they're simply gone.  Poof!
>>>
>>> If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups,
>>> your provider isn't doing this....yet.
>>>
>> Well, I hope they don't start. That would literally be undiverse,
>> inequitable, and inclusionless. Besides, I think TB and dim post -
>> at least sometimes - from Google Groups, and if they bleach them out
>> of here, where would I get my minimum daily requirement of hoots in
>> my entertainment diet?
>
> If you quit giving a hoot maybe you wouldn't need any more.

You misspelled s**t.

>> Besides again, I'm perfectly capable of setting my own filters - or
>> of just self-deciding on the fly what I want or don't want to read -
>> and I don't need or want any frickin upstream nannies deciding for me.
>>  > Now, what about the banana thing?

--
bill

Re: Gotta love it

<ugm6sg$314cg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20724&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20724

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 09:48:47 -0500
 by: sticks - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:48 UTC

On 10/16/2023 1:01 PM, sticks wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 12:47 PM, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:
>>> The campground is nice and quiet.  The noisy ones have all been
>>> "slipped on a banana".  Ray Banana.  Ha!
>>
>> At the end of the day going forward, that's literally an outrageous
>> allegation without any statistically significant context to provide a
>> basis for understanding ......ummmm.....what the hell you're talking
>> about.
>
> It looks like you have an account with astraweb?  Not sure how they're
> dealing with spam, so you might not be affected.  Eternal-September,
> along with others, are fighting to stop the flood of spam coming from
> google groups, as google refuses to address the issue at all.  As of a
> couple days ago, all post originating from google.groups are deleted at
> the server level.  Though I had earlier done something similar locally
> with my filters, I did not delete articles, but had them marked as read.
>  Now, they're simply gone.  Poof!
>
> If you're still receiving posts originating from google.groups, your
> provider isn't doing this....yet.

I now believe I was hasty in assuming a UDP was invoked against
google.groups. I believe what's happening is new filtering rules in
conjunction with using spam-assassin at the server level, some of which
are complex, to identify spam from non-spam. This is resulting in what
some consider false positives. You can report false positives to see if
the rule makers agree.
I have no intention of doing that, as I am comfortable with a full UDP
in the case of google. When they bought the DejaNews archive, they
proceeded to destroy any functionality of it within a few short years.
Screw them!
As time goes on, some of these posters might get past these new rules as
they get updated and well-defined. Doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Re: Gotta love it

<8rWdncAph40p2LL4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20734&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20734

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:40:55 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 02:40 UTC

On 10/16/2023 8:08 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> Well, I hope they don't start. That would literally be undiverse,
>>> inequitable, and inclusionless. Besides, I think TB and dim post - at
>>> least sometimes - from Google Groups, and if they bleach them out of
>>> here, where would I get my minimum daily requirement of hoots in my
>>> entertainment diet?
>>
>> If you quit giving a hoot maybe you wouldn't need any more.
>
> You misspelled s**t.

That's because I'm sensitive to your sensitivity.

>>> Besides again, I'm perfectly capable of setting my own filters - or
>>> of just self-deciding on the fly what I want or don't want to read -
>>> and I don't need or want any frickin upstream nannies deciding for me.
>>>  > Now, what about the banana thing?

Re: Gotta love it

<OwJXM.52964$w4ec.40593@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20735&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20735

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 00:53:02 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 04:53 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 8:08 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> If you quit giving a hoot maybe you wouldn't need any more.
>>
>> You misspelled s**t.
>

> That's because I'm sensitive to your sensitivity.

I don't have any.