From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Baldwin AGAIN Indicted in Hutchins Killing
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:34:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:34 UTC

The NYTimes,NBC,Fox,and others (lead story on Google News)
report a new indictment of Alec Baldwin for involuntary
manslaughter in the shooting of Halyna Hutchins,where he
continues to make unsupported claims that he did not pull
the trigger...the assistant director who handed him the
gun and took a plea deal in an earlier case will be
testifying against him.

-=-=-

Re: Baldwin AGAIN Indicted in Hutchins Killing

<uohcvn$3r2l5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20811&group=alt.obituaries#20811

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Baldwin AGAIN Indicted in Hutchins Killing
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 21:12:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 21:12 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@main.lekno.ws> wrote:

>The NYTimes,NBC,Fox,and others (lead story on Google News)
>report a new indictment of Alec Baldwin for involuntary
>manslaughter in the shooting of Halyna Hutchins,where he
>continues to make unsupported claims that he did not pull
>the trigger...the assistant director who handed him the
>gun and took a plea deal in an earlier case will be
>testifying against him.

bonk

What an off-the-wall and bizarre witness for the prosecution.

calling David Halls to take the stand

Prosecutor: Mr. Halls. You have a well-established reputation as a screw
up and fuckhead on prior movie productions, caring not one whit about safety
and industrial hygiene. Is that correct?

Halls: Yes.

Prosecutor: Despite that reputation, you got hired on the set of Rust.
Is that correct?

Halls: Yes.

Prosecutor: We have establised that Mr. Baldwin was one of the producers
and therefore shared responsibility for your hiring. Was he aware of
your reputation?

Halls: Probably. It was certainly well known.

Prosecutor: Then why were you hired?

Halls: I work cheap.

Prosecutor: Did you hand the working handgun to Mr. Baldwin immediately
prior to the shooting?

Halls: Yes.

Prosecutor: Had you checked the gun for live ammunition?

Halls: No

Prosecutor: Did you declare it to be a "cold gun"?

Halls: Yes.

Prosecutor: Knowing your reputation as a screwup, who rarely followed
safety protocols on prior productions, and that mostly, you really don't
give a shit about the welfare of the cast and crew, could Mr. Baldwin
accept your word as truthful that you had checked the gun and therefore
didn't need to check for himself?

Halls: No. Absolutely not. I am a terrible human being. I never should
have been allowed anywhere near a movie production.

The prosecution has no choice but to acknowledge Hall's reputation. Boy,
the defense will have a good time on cross examination.

I wouldn't allow the jury to conclude that Halls might have been worse
than Baldwin and use that as an excuse to acquit Baldwin, but what do I
know.