Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 10:43:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Morgon, Chablis, Mosel
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 17:43 UTC

Sunday- oysters, pan roasted black sea bass with thyme butter, honeynut squash, baked anise, salad
2020 Piuze Terroir de Courgis. A little softer than I expected, unsure if vintage character, but nice Fuji apple meets mineral profile, clean finish, just a little round. B

Tuesday - butternut squash soup with kale and red onion, and the 2019 Vollenweider Wolfer Goldgrube Riesling Kabinett Betsy thought a good matching choice, I thought a little sweet with the sweet soup. Peach and tropical fruit, more rich than vervy, but nice slatey finish, B/B+

Wednesday- Cumin pork chops, broccoli with Colatura di alici , sweet potato, and arugula salad, with the
2014 Lapierre Morgon. I’ve had ups and downs with Lapierre, but this is balanced and in a very nice place. Red and black cherries, spice, just a hint of merde. Bright acids, good length, B+

Re: TN: Morgon, Chablis, Mosel

<slhh3b$15gn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=208&group=alt.food.wine#208

From: not...@eudrup.ude (Mark Lipton)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Subject: Re: TN: Morgon, Chablis, Mosel
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 15:12:42 -0400
 by: Mark Lipton - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 19:12 UTC

On 10/29/21 1:43 PM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:

> 2014 Lapierre Morgon. I’ve had ups and downs with Lapierre, but this is balanced and in a very nice place. Red and black cherries, spice, just a hint of merde. Bright acids, good length, B+

Same chez nous. We've found several recent-ish vintages (2010-2013) to
be too dark and extracted for our liking. Will have to pop open a 2014
soon to compare. We've been drinking up a lot of our 2014s (I went long
on that vintage -- best since '99 to me) and loving them.

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ: RIP cwdjrx