From: dre...@furrfu.invalid (Drew Lawson)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Subject: A new, better, year planted
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 00:12:58 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: drew@furrfu.invalid
 by: Drew Lawson - Wed, 16 Jun 2021 00:12 UTC

The garden is approximately a disaster, but there is food planted
and some growing. After the past year, this is wonderous. Nothing
got planted in 2020 (more below).

According to my limited log keeping, I am only about 10 days behind
2019 in planting, so I can hope for some success.

I have the tomatoes in (down to 9 cages, 3 trials), 6 cages of Blue
Lake beans (hoping that is enough to get canning sized pickings at
one time -- plain beans & dilly beans), and 8 (I think) cages of
cucumbers, mostly for garlic dill pickle relish.

There are several basil plants to be planted tomorrow. These are
from the nursery as I flaked out and did not get them seeded inside
like I planned. (Memory of $60 spent will help motivate me next year.)

There should be other things, but after a year off, this may be all
I can deal with.

Several beds are complete losses after a year of neglect. No point
in planting, just weeding, weeding & weeding.

An additional issue is that our county yard waste center, which is
usually overflowing with free mulch, is overflowing with brush,
with no mulch to be seen. I need to find someone to talk to about
what to expect there.

I may need to lean on songbird's paper & cardboard methods . . .
which brings other supply questions.

As for 2020 . . . .

Like many people in the world, and maybe several people here, I
deal (sometimes well, sometimes not) with Depression. Over the
last decade or two, gardening has been a large part of managing
that.

My *intended* garden schedule starts with seeding the tomatoes
inside in February. Following that is tilling, mulching, other
seedings (inside & out), etc. But by February (maybe January) 2020,
I was glued to the horrible situation in Italy, and then far too
many other places. And I had a sense of dread.

And I shut down. Maybe if the seeds had been started, they'd have
pulled me along. I don't know. But I was on the couch following
body counts and frozen.

By mid-March 2020, I was working from home. And I am still there
today. (Eight years from even considering retirement.)

Vaccinated and starting to crack the doors toward, um, something.
Taking baby steps.

I may heve neglected to say that the tomatoes are blooming.

--
Drew Lawson | "But the senator, while insisting he was not
| intoxicated, could not explain his nudity."

Re: A new, better, year planted

<c96pph-fn3.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=209&group=rec.gardens.edible#209

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Subject: Re: A new, better, year planted
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 08:09:48 -0400
 by: songbird - Wed, 16 Jun 2021 12:09 UTC

Drew Lawson wrote:
> I may need to lean on songbird's paper & cardboard methods . . .
> which brings other supply questions.

smothering. :) good luck!

> As for 2020 . . . .
>
> Like many people in the world, and maybe several people here, I
> deal (sometimes well, sometimes not) with Depression. Over the
> last decade or two, gardening has been a large part of managing
> that.
>
> My *intended* garden schedule starts with seeding the tomatoes
> inside in February. Following that is tilling, mulching, other
> seedings (inside & out), etc. But by February (maybe January) 2020,
> I was glued to the horrible situation in Italy, and then far too
> many other places. And I had a sense of dread.
>
> And I shut down. Maybe if the seeds had been started, they'd have
> pulled me along. I don't know. But I was on the couch following
> body counts and frozen.

i don't watch much news as i find it mostly sensationalism for
clicks. i check the headlines for a few minutes but otherwise
i don't have the time for that sort of thing.

with depression and triggers it's important to know what can
set you down the hole.

but also important to know that you can keep putting one foot
in front of the other and get on to the next day. eventually
the fog lifts. also hope you can get to see a counselor if
talking to someone helps.

> By mid-March 2020, I was working from home. And I am still there
> today. (Eight years from even considering retirement.)
>
> Vaccinated and starting to crack the doors toward, um, something.
> Taking baby steps.

i'm glad i was able to get vaccinated at last. Michigan
was a bit of a shit-show several times with all the nutjobs
running around with guns. a recent post by a doc made the
situation clear. in 2021 the number of cases in MI was
about 350,000 with 6,467 of those cases from fully
vaccinated people. 98% of the people who died were
unvaccinated.

> I may heve neglected to say that the tomatoes are blooming.

:) our plants should be putting on some first blooms in
the next few weeks. they're growing pretty well. have to get
the cages up.

songbird

Re: A new, better, year planted

<sadkat$11p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=210&group=rec.gardens.edible#210

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 12:44:28 -0700
 by: T - Wed, 16 Jun 2021 19:44 UTC

On 6/16/21 5:09 AM, songbird wrote:
> in 2021 the number of cases in MI was
> about 350,000 with 6,467 of those cases from fully
> vaccinated people. 98% of the people who died were
> unvaccinated.

Hi Songbird,

The doc left out some important information:

1) the vaccine is not actually a vaccine (synthesized
messenger RNA or mRNA)

2) what were the deaths "from" covid, not
"with" covid? (From what I have seen, it
is around 6% "from".)

3) what was the death rate starting on
the date "after" the vaccine was
widely administered? Of course before
the mRNA vax, they would have all died
without the mRNA vax.

4) what was the death rate with a co-morbidity?
What I have seen it is around 94%. In that
case the flu or a bad cold would get you too.

5) what was the death rate for those from
the mRNA vax itself (currently at 4000 nationwide
with approximately 13% reported)? Several of
my customer have gotten dangerously sick from
the second shot. Did the doc discuss that?

6) In the animal models, when enough time had
passed to reinfect them to test if Antibody
Dependent Enhancement (ADE) had kicked in (means
they body has trouble producing its own antibodies
after a not-a-real-mRNA vaccine), what was the death
rate among the test animals? (100% were killed.
mRNA is known to have ADE issues.)

I don't mean to depress you, but there is
a lot of propaganda narrative going around
about the commie flu, starting with the mask
mandates. The doc smothered you in bull s***.

:'(

-T

p.s. When I go out, I take Yu Pend Feng to protect
myself, although I do believe I got the commie flu
already 1-1/2 years ago, but I have not got an
antibody test yet. Let me know if you would like
scientific studies on Yu Peng Fing.