From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Disappointing Overreach
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 10:14:20 -0500
 by: sticks - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 15:14 UTC

Both BLM's suck

<https://thefederalist.com/2023/11/02/if-biden-gets-his-way-your-next-adventure-out-west-will-be-canceled/>

--
NOTE: If you use Google Groups, I don't see you, unless you're
whitelisted, and that's doubtful.

Re: Disappointing Overreach

<ui107a$2ci3f$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20820&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20820

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Disappointing Overreach
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 15:18:53 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:18 UTC

On 11/2/2023 12:24 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 8:14:23 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
>> Both BLM's suck
>>
>> <https://thefederalist.com/2023/11/02/if-biden-gets-his-way-your-next-adventure-out-west-will-be-canceled/>
>>

>> --
>> NOTE: If you use Google Groups, I don't see you, unless you're
>> whitelisted, and that's doubtful.
>
> "The federal government owns about 640 million acres (2.6 million km2) of land in the United States, about 28% of the total land area of 2.27 billion acres (9.2 million km2)"
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_lands
>
> If they closed 30% of this to offroad vehicles that would still leave 448 million acres open.
>
> I particularly enjoyed this bit of bullshit:
>
> "There is no evidence that users of these trails have been damaging them. Indeed, people cherish these lands. Go drive the trails and you will rarely encounter even a single piece of trash. That is why they have been in use for decades with no appreciable degradation."
>
> If this was true that area would be an amazing exception. I've spent of lot of time on Federally owned land. Anywhere that humans have access to you will find plenty of trash and damage. Any area that is free of trash has probably been cleaned recently. I have participated in these efforts in areas that were only open to hikers. We carried out a lot of trash.
>
> The article that stinks posted links to this website:
>
> https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/03/21/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-takes-new-action-to-conserve-and-restore-americas-lands-and-waters/
>
> "New actions to conserve, restore, and expand access to lands and waters. The Biden-Harris Administration is announcing a series of new steps to conserve, restore, and expand access to lands and waters across the country. These include a proposal to modernize the management of America’s public lands, a plan to harness the power of the ocean to fight the climate crisis, a strategy to better conserve wildlife corridors, and new funding to improve access to outdoor recreation, promote Tribal conservation, reduce wildfire risk, and more."
>
> Because the government owns this land none of this is "overreach". These restrictions are mild compared to what you will find in our privately owned forest lands.
>
> Note: I worked for the BLM for a couple of years.
>
> TB

OMG! A former BLM employee. I am so impressed. You have posted here many
times about the multitude of jobs you've had. Couldn't keep a job, eh?
Apparently you weren't a very dependable employee. Or maybe the
supervisors couldn't put up with your smug, know-it-all, holier than
thou attitude.
--
Thousands of unchecked illegal aliens are crossing the border all the
while I have to get my pecker x-ray'd or get felt up by a TSA agent just

Re: Disappointing Overreach

<2023110213400315584-email@domain.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20821&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20821

From: ema...@domain.com (Ralph E Lindberg)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 13:40:03 -0700
 by: Ralph E Lindberg - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:40 UTC

On 2023-11-02 17:24:43 +0000, Technobarbarian said:

> On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 8:14:23 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
>> Both BLM's suck>>
>> <https://thefederalist.com/2023/11/02/if-biden-gets-his-way-your-next-adventure-out-west-will-be-canceled/>>>>
>> --> NOTE: If you use Google Groups, I don't see you, unless you're>
>> whitelisted, and that's doubtful.
>
> "The federal government owns about 640 million acres (2.6 million km2)
> of land in the United States, about 28% of the total land area of 2.27
> billion acres (9.2 million km2)"
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_lands
>
> If they closed 30% of this to offroad vehicles that would still
> leave 448 million acres open.
>
> I particularly enjoyed this bit of bullshit:
>
> "There is no evidence that users of these trails have been damaging
> them. Indeed, people cherish these lands. Go drive the trails and you
> will rarely encounter even a single piece of trash. That is why they
> have been in use for decades with no appreciable degradation."
>
> If this was true that area would be an amazing exception. I've
> spent of lot of time on Federally owned land. Anywhere that humans have
> access to you will find plenty of trash and damage. Any area that is
> free of trash has probably been cleaned recently. I have participated
> in these efforts in areas that were only open to hikers. We carried out
> a lot of trash.

The clean public lands group in Bend is VERY active in cleaning,
including dozens of abandoned RVs

In my area USFS had to close (100%) some areas near major roads this
year. They had been used as "unofficial" shooting ranges.
Besides the tons (literally) of spent casings, etc of just garbage, the
lead levels in the soils were between 100x and 10000x natural levels.

Re: Disappointing Overreach

<14W0N.149280$tnmf.115066@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20822&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20822

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 19:15:08 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 23:15 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> On 11/2/2023 12:24 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>> On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 8:14:23 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
>>> Both BLM's suck
>>>
>>> <https://thefederalist.com/2023/11/02/if-biden-gets-his-way-your-next-adventure-out-west-will-be-canceled/>
>>>

>>> --
>>> NOTE: If you use Google Groups, I don't see you, unless you're
>>> whitelisted, and that's doubtful.
>>
>>   "The federal government owns about 640 million acres (2.6 million
>> km2) of land in the United States, about 28% of the total land area
>> of 2.27 billion acres (9.2 million km2)"
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_lands
>>
>>         If they closed 30% of this to offroad vehicles that would
>> still leave 448 million acres open.
>>
>>        I particularly enjoyed this bit of bullshit:
>>
>> "There is no evidence that users of these trails have been damaging
>> them. Indeed, people cherish these lands. Go drive the trails and
>> you will rarely encounter even a single piece of trash. That is why
>> they have been in use for decades with no appreciable degradation."
>>
>>         If this was true that area would be an amazing exception.
>> I've spent of lot of time on Federally owned land. Anywhere that
>> humans have access to you will find plenty of trash and damage. Any
>> area that is free of trash has probably been cleaned recently. I
>> have participated in these efforts in areas that were only open to
>> hikers. We carried out a lot of trash.
>>
>>         The article that stinks posted links to this website:
>>
>> https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/03/21/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-takes-new-action-to-conserve-and-restore-americas-lands-and-waters/
>>

>> "New actions to conserve, restore, and expand access to lands and
>> waters. The Biden-Harris Administration is announcing a series of
>> new steps to conserve, restore, and expand access to lands and
>> waters across the country. These include a proposal to modernize the
>> management of America’s public lands, a plan to harness the power
>> of the ocean to fight the climate crisis, a strategy to better
>> conserve wildlife corridors, and new funding to improve access to
>> outdoor recreation, promote Tribal conservation, reduce wildfire
>> risk, and more."
>>
>>         Because the government owns this land none of this is
>> "overreach". These restrictions are mild compared to what you will
>> find in our privately owned forest lands.
>>
>>         Note: I worked for the BLM for a couple of years.
>>
>> TB
>
> OMG! A former BLM employee. I am so impressed. You have posted here
> many times about the multitude of jobs you've had. Couldn't keep a
> job, eh? Apparently you weren't a very dependable employee. Or maybe
> the supervisors couldn't put up with your smug, know-it-all, holier
> than thou attitude.

Hey. Give him a break. He's 127 years old, and has been taking Fruits
and Veggies. Add in a little CoQ10 and Prevagen, and the sky's the limit.

--
bill

Re: Disappointing Overreach

<TaW0N.274535$8fO.105104@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20823&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20823

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 19:22:27 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 23:22 UTC

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
> On 2023-11-02 17:24:43 +0000, Technobarbarian said:
>
>> On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 8:14:23 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
>>> Both BLM's suck>>
>>> <https://thefederalist.com/2023/11/02/if-biden-gets-his-way-your-next-adventure-out-west-will-be-canceled/>>>>
>>> --> NOTE: If you use Google Groups, I don't see you, unless you're>
>>> whitelisted, and that's doubtful.
>>
>>  "The federal government owns about 640 million acres (2.6 million
>> km2) of land in the United States, about 28% of the total land area
>> of 2.27 billion acres (9.2 million km2)"
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_lands
>>
>>        If they closed 30% of this to offroad vehicles that would
>> still leave 448 million acres open.
>>
>>       I particularly enjoyed this bit of bullshit:
>>
>> "There is no evidence that users of these trails have been damaging
>> them. Indeed, people cherish these lands. Go drive the trails and
>> you will rarely encounter even a single piece of trash. That is why
>> they have been in use for decades with no appreciable degradation."
>>
>>        If this was true that area would be an amazing exception.
>> I've spent of lot of time on Federally owned land. Anywhere that
>> humans have access to you will find plenty of trash and damage. Any
>> area that is free of trash has probably been cleaned recently. I
>> have participated in these efforts in areas that were only open to
>> hikers. We carried out a lot of trash.
>
> The clean public lands group in Bend is VERY active in cleaning,
> including dozens of abandoned RVs
>
> In my area USFS had to close (100%) some areas near major roads this
> year. They had been used as "unofficial" shooting ranges.
> Besides the tons (literally) of spent casings, etc of just garbage,
> the lead levels in the soils were between 100x and 10000x natural levels.

damn. Does that mean I've got to start worrying about a black
helicopter landing near my dirtpile, and a bunch of Ninjas jumping out
carrying lead detectors and M4's?

--
bill