From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: OT? - Getting out of Dodge
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 12:07:25 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 18:07 UTC

I don't know why they don't flee to the Garden of Oregon. It's closer
and it's so idyllic there.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/why-people-leaving-california-arkansas
--
Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.

Re: OT? - Getting out of Dodge

<uie5if$15qdg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20867&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20867

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: OT? - Getting out of Dodge
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 14:10:01 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 20:10 UTC

On 11/7/2023 2:04 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at 10:07:19 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
>> I don't know why they don't flee to the Garden of Oregon. It's closer
>> and it's so idyllic there.
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/why-people-leaving-california-arkansas
>> --
>> Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.
>
> I hope this isn't your idea of news. People move around a lot, for a variety of reasons. As far as I'm concerned we have always gotten more than our fair share of Califoreigners. ( Egad, my spell checker accepted that word.)
>
> Here's a little flash from the past from paradise:
>
> "In 1971, the James G. Blaine Society got a big boost when Governor Tom McCall invited tourists to visit Oregon, but then added "but for heaven's sake don't stay." This public remark got national press coverage, and was even aired on the CBS Evening News."
>
> "The James G. Blaine Society is an unofficial organization dedicated to protecting the U.S. state of Oregon from overpopulation. It was founded in the early 1960s by writer Stewart Holbrook. The goal of the society is to discourage people from immigrating to Oregon. The society is named after James G. Blaine, a United States senator from Maine, because he never visited Oregon. The society has no organization, leaders, membership roster, meetings, or dues. However, the society was often mentioned in media articles about population growth in Oregon during the 1970s and 1980s."
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_G._Blaine_Society
>
> Back in those days there was a lot of bitching about Californians in particular because they were said to be raising the price of housing. Their housing market was so wildly inflated that listed prices here looked reasonable to them. Some folks were able to sell their home in CA and buy something nicer somewhere else, with money left over. What do you think? Maybe some of that is happening on now?
>
> TB

C'mon man, if you think all those people moving from California is
normal migration you are more clueless than I suspected.
--
Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.

Re: OT? - Getting out of Dodge

<uieks4$18m1n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20868&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20868

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 18:31:09 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 00:31 UTC

On 11/7/2023 5:09 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at 12:09:55 PM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:

>>> I hope this isn't your idea of news. People move around a lot, for a variety of reasons. As far as I'm concerned we have always gotten more than our fair share of Califoreigners. ( Egad, my spell checker accepted that word.)
>>>
>>> Here's a little flash from the past from paradise:
>>>
>>> "In 1971, the James G. Blaine Society got a big boost when Governor Tom McCall invited tourists to visit Oregon, but then added "but for heaven's sake don't stay." This public remark got national press coverage, and was even aired on the CBS Evening News."
>>>
>>> "The James G. Blaine Society is an unofficial organization dedicated to protecting the U.S. state of Oregon from overpopulation. It was founded in the early 1960s by writer Stewart Holbrook. The goal of the society is to discourage people from immigrating to Oregon. The society is named after James G. Blaine, a United States senator from Maine, because he never visited Oregon. The society has no organization, leaders, membership roster, meetings, or dues. However, the society was often mentioned in media articles about population growth in Oregon during the 1970s and 1980s."
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_G._Blaine_Society
>>>
>>> Back in those days there was a lot of bitching about Californians in particular because they were said to be raising the price of housing. Their housing market was so wildly inflated that listed prices here looked reasonable to them. Some folks were able to sell their home in CA and buy something nicer somewhere else, with money left over. What do you think? Maybe some of that is happening on now?
>>>
>>> TB
>> C'mon man, if you think all those people moving from California is
>> normal migration you are more clueless than I suspected.
>> --
>> Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.
>
> Yeah, all the normal reasons why people move has been suspended for the duration. Until the magaloons rule the world everyone is making all important decisions solely on the basis of politics.
>
> TB

I'll say one thing for you. You don't give up on a losing proposition.
You just keep digging yourself deeper into the hole.
--
Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.