I often quote myself; it adds spice to my conversation. -- G. B. Shaw

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Cross-dresser kills self

SubjectAuthor
* Cross-dresser kills selfbfh
+* Re: Cross-dresser kills selfGeorge.Anthony
|`* Re: Cross-dresser kills selfsticks
| `* Re: Cross-dresser kills selfbfh
|  +- Re: Cross-dresser kills selfsticks
|  `- Re: Cross-dresser kills selfrobert caprel
+* Re: Cross-dresser kills selfbfh
|+- Re: Cross-dresser kills selfbfh
|`* Re: Cross-dresser kills selfGeorge.Anthony
| +- Re: Cross-dresser kills selfGeorge.Anthony
| `- Re: Cross-dresser kills selfGeorge.Anthony
`* Re: Cross-dresser kills selfbfh
 `- Re: Cross-dresser kills selfbfh

1
Cross-dresser kills self

<80%1N.43140$4Oya.7879@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20853&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20853

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: Cross-dresser kills self
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 00:41:23 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 05:41 UTC

A small-town Alabama pastor and mayor killed himself Friday, days
after a local conservative news website published a story that
included photos of him wearing women’s clothing and makeup.

F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, who was the mayor of Smiths Station and the
pastor at First Baptist Church in Phenix City, shot himself in front
of police during a welfare check, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office said.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-mayor-bubba-copeland-kills-self-after-right-wing-1819-news-outs-his-cross-dressing

Killing himself seems a bit extreme to me. He shoulda just moved to
Portland, changed his name to Buffy, and run for mayor out there.

--
bill

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<uib6da$hv5o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20854&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20854

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Cross-dresser kills self
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 11:05:53 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 17:05 UTC

On 11/5/2023 11:41 PM, bfh wrote:
> A small-town Alabama pastor and mayor killed himself Friday, days after
> a local conservative news website published a story that included photos
> of him wearing women’s clothing and makeup.
>
> F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, who was the mayor of Smiths Station and the
> pastor at First Baptist Church in Phenix City, shot himself in front of
> police during a welfare check, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office said.
> https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-mayor-bubba-copeland-kills-self-after-right-wing-1819-news-outs-his-cross-dressing
>
> Killing himself seems a bit extreme to me. He shoulda just moved to
> Portland, changed his name to Buffy, and run for mayor out there.

Yeah, Bubba is a bit of a misnomer, especially for the Garden of Oregon.
--
Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<uib908$idk4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20855&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20855

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 11:50:00 -0600
 by: sticks - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 17:50 UTC

On 11/6/2023 11:05 AM, George.Anthony wrote:

> Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.

Someone in the neighborhood put one corn stalk on a stake driven in the
ground and then put up a sign saying, "Joe Biden Corn Maze."

--
WWG1WGA
NOTE: If you use Google Groups I don't see you,

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<iOa2N.30591$INOa.9993@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20856&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20856

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 14:05:50 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 19:05 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 11/6/2023 11:05 AM, George.Anthony wrote:
>>
>> Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.
>
> Someone in the neighborhood put one corn stalk on a stake driven in
> the ground and then put up a sign saying, "Joe Biden Corn Maze."

That's probably one stalk too many if you expect a statistically
significant success rate.

--
bill

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<uiblcq$knrh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20857&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20857

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 15:21:30 -0600
 by: sticks - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 21:21 UTC

On 11/6/2023 1:05 PM, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
>> On 11/6/2023 11:05 AM, George.Anthony wrote:
>>>
>>> Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.
>>
>> Someone in the neighborhood put one corn stalk on a stake driven in
>> the ground and then put up a sign saying, "Joe Biden Corn Maze."
>
> That's probably one stalk too many if you expect a statistically
> significant success rate.

"Not a joke"

--
WWG1WGA
NOTE: If you use Google Groups I don't see you,
unless you're whitelisted and that's doubtful.

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<94ece3c9-1d7a-4912-b3d9-aded5252db3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20858&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20858

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 14:55:22 -0800 (PST)
From: bobcap...@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 22:55 UTC

On Monday, November 6, 2023 at 11:05:54 AM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
> > On 11/6/2023 11:05 AM, George.Anthony wrote:
> >>
> >> Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.
> >
> > Someone in the neighborhood put one corn stalk on a stake driven in
> > the ground and then put up a sign saying, "Joe Biden Corn Maze."
> That's probably one stalk too many if you expect a statistically
> significant success rate.
>
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

At least Biden can remember what year he was president, unlike motor mouth that was to busy holding off the Russians and Chinese to look at financial statements in 2021 Haw Haw Haw

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<Qjf2N.36507$AvZ9.16080@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20859&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20859

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 19:14:40 -0500
 by: bfh - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 00:14 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 9:41:27 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> --------------------------------------------------- A small-town
>> Alabama pastor and mayor killed himself Friday, days after a
>> local conservative news website published a story that included
>> photos of him wearing women’s clothing and makeup.
>>
>> F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, who was the mayor of Smiths Station
>> and the pastor at First Baptist Church in Phenix City, shot
>> himself in front of police during a welfare check, the Lee County
>> Sheriff’s Office said.
>> https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-mayor-bubba-copeland-kills-self-after-right-wing-1819-news-outs-his-cross-dressing

Killing himself seems a bit extreme to me. He shoulda just moved to
>> Portland, changed his name to Buffy, and run for mayor out
>> there.
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you aren't sympathetic to
> Bubba's fate, even though he's one of you. He was a retrumplican
> who had lived in GA for his entire life. This story must have
> struck a chord for a lot of people. Suicide is very common for
> trans people, but this one made the national news.

The article - and others - call him a cross dresser, not trans. What
was he, and what's the difference? I thought there was a difference.

--
bill

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<bqf2N.146133$MJ59.3396@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20860&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20860

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 19:21:27 -0500
 by: bfh - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 00:21 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> On Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 9:41:27 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>>> --------------------------------------------------- A small-town
>>> Alabama pastor and mayor killed himself Friday, days after a
>>> local conservative news website published a story that included
>>> photos of him wearing women’s clothing and makeup.
>>>
>>> F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, who was the mayor of Smiths Station
>>> and the pastor at First Baptist Church in Phenix City, shot
>>> himself in front of police during a welfare check, the Lee County
>>> Sheriff’s Office said.
>>> https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-mayor-bubba-copeland-kills-self-after-right-wing-1819-news-outs-his-cross-dressing
>>>

> Killing himself seems a bit extreme to me. He shoulda just moved to
>>> Portland, changed his name to Buffy, and run for mayor out
>>> there.
>>>
>>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>>
>> I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you aren't sympathetic to
>> Bubba's fate, even though he's one of you. He was a retrumplican
>> who had lived in GA for his entire life. This story must have
>> struck a chord for a lot of people. Suicide is very common for
>> trans people, but this one made the national news.
>
> The article - and others - call him a cross dresser, not trans. What
> was he, and what's the difference? I thought there was a difference.

One other thing - he did Not live "in GA his entire life". He lived in
AL for most of his life.

--
bill

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<uic645$n4t7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20861&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20861

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 20:07:07 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 02:07 UTC

On 11/6/2023 6:52 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Monday, November 6, 2023 at 4:14:44 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>> Killing himself seems a bit extreme to me. He shoulda just moved to

>>> I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you aren't sympathetic to
>>> Bubba's fate, even though he's one of you. He was a retrumplican
>>> who had lived in GA for his entire life. This story must have
>>> struck a chord for a lot of people. Suicide is very common for
>>> trans people, but this one made the national news.
>> The article - and others - call him a cross dresser, not trans. What
>> was he, and what's the difference? I thought there was a difference.
>
> There is a difference, but Bubba managed to straddle the border between the two. We can say for sure that he was a crossdresser, but his fantasies were transexual. It sounds like he was transgendered to some extent, but he didn't want to live that way. For the crossdressers I've met it's a way escaping their ordinary life--temporarily. It's just a costume party for them. They usually don't want to change their actual gender. Bubba obviously had some interest in this.
>
> TB

Not Georgia, it's Alabama. I would expect a polymath like yourself would
know the difference. At any rate, he would have been better off among
his own people in The Garden of Oregon. It is more Utopian than Utopia
ever was, according to you. By the way, do you think an American of
African descent could get in on that idyllic gravy train up there? My
electric bill has been increasing every month since January of 2021.

Back to the topic at hand, if a mature man would end his own life over a
choice he made of his own volition, think what will happen in several
years to all the children who grew up with this forced upon them by
ignorant, lunatic liberal parents. In your own words "Suicide is very
common for trans people". It's liable to increase exponentially in a few
years.

Having said that, I don't think it's anyone's business as long as he was
not fomenting it among minors.
--
Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<uidufc$14ans$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20866&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20866

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 12:08:53 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 18:08 UTC

On 11/7/2023 9:36 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> There is a difference, but Bubba managed to straddle the border between the two. We can say for sure that he was a crossdresser, but his fantasies were transexual. It sounds like he was transgendered to some extent, but he didn't want to live that way. For the crossdressers I've met it's a way escaping their ordinary life--temporarily. It's just a costume party for them. They usually don't want to change their actual gender. Bubba obviously had some interest in this.
>>>
>>> TB
>> Not Georgia, it's Alabama. I would expect a polymath like yourself would
>> know the difference. At any rate, he would have been better off among
>> his own people in The Garden of Oregon. It is more Utopian than Utopia
>> ever was, according to you. By the way, do you think an American of
>> African descent could get in on that idyllic gravy train up there? My
>> electric bill has been increasing every month since January of 2021.
>
> "Utopia" is your extreme interpretation of what I have said. It's very nice here, but I have never said this was utopia here or anything like that.
>
> For a typical 2 bedroom home my electric bill generally runs from around $90 to $150 for everything, heating and all. You could probably do better on your electric bill here, regardless of race. Next year the cost of electricity here will probably go up 14%.
>

>> Back to the topic at hand, if a mature man would end his own life over a
>> choice he made of his own volition, think what will happen in several
>> years to all the children who grew up with this forced upon them by
>> ignorant, lunatic liberal parents. In your own words "Suicide is very
>> common for trans people". It's liable to increase exponentially in a few
>> years.
>
> Being forced to be transgendered is likely to be uncommon here. If you want any sort of medical treatment here you have to go through extensive psychological screening. It isn't enough to think you're trans. You have to convince the psychologists that you are trans. In addition, before you can get any surgery done you have to live as your chosen gender for a year. As a result, in this country, the people who end up regretting having surgery done is around 1%. It's much more likely that parents insist that their child is not trans. We have a friend here whose father would not speak to her for several years after she came out. He didn't even want to see her in the small town where she grew up. He did eventually reconcile with her. This was probably caused because he had been told he was dying. It turned out that her father is a deeply closeted gay man.
>
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8099405/
>>
>> Having said that, I don't think it's anyone's business as long as he was
>> not fomenting it among minors.
>
> There are a lot of people who think it is their business. That is one of the many reasons why it isn't easy to be transgendered.

Same goes for Christians and Jews. A lot of people think it's their
business.
--
Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<tbP2N.6$_Oab.4@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20870&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20870

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 12:03:21 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 17:03 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 9:41:27 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> A small-town Alabama pastor and mayor killed himself Friday, days
>> after a local conservative news website published a story that
>> included photos of him wearing women’s clothing and makeup.
>>
>> F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, who was the mayor of Smiths Station and the
>> pastor at First Baptist Church in Phenix City, shot himself in front
>> of police during a welfare check, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office said.
>> https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-mayor-bubba-copeland-kills-self-after-right-wing-1819-news-outs-his-cross-dressing
>>
>> Killing himself seems a bit extreme to me. He shoulda just moved to
>> Portland, changed his name to Buffy, and run for mayor out there.
>>
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> "4 current or former Los Angeles sheriff's officials die in apparent suicides in 2 days
> Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna said he was stunned by the deaths, which are > said to be unrelated."
>
> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/4-current-former-los-angeles-sheriffs-officials-die-apparent-suicides-rcna124121
>
> This morning I find myself lacking in "smart-assed" shit to say about this.

Do you have anything not smart-assed to say about it?

--
bill

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<nFR2N.15$cAm7.1@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20871&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20871

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 14:51:47 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 19:51 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 9:03:25 AM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> "4 current or former Los Angeles sheriff's officials die in apparent suicides in 2 days
>>> Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna said he was stunned by the deaths, which are > said to be unrelated."
>>>
>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/4-current-former-los-angeles-sheriffs-officials-die-apparent-suicides-rcna124121
>>>
>>> This morning I find myself lacking in "smart-assed" shit to say about this.
>> Do you have anything not smart-assed to say about it?
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Since you guys were all over Bubba, I figured you would have something to say > about this.

If that's all you've got, then at the very least, your figurer
transitorily malfunctioned.

--
bill

Re: Cross-dresser kills self

<uijt04$2f3ed$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20872&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20872

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 18:20:23 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 00:20 UTC

On 11/9/2023 5:18 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Monday, November 6, 2023 at 6:07:05 PM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:

>>> There is a difference, but Bubba managed to straddle the border between the two. We can say for sure that he was a crossdresser, but his fantasies were transexual. It sounds like he was transgendered to some extent, but he didn't want to live that way. For the crossdressers I've met it's a way escaping their ordinary life--temporarily. It's just a costume party for them. They usually don't want to change their actual gender. Bubba obviously had some interest in this.
>>>
>>> TB
>> Not Georgia, it's Alabama. I would expect a polymath like yourself would
>> know the difference. At any rate, he would have been better off among
>> his own people in The Garden of Oregon. It is more Utopian than Utopia
>> ever was, according to you. By the way, do you think an American of
>> African descent could get in on that idyllic gravy train up there? My
>> electric bill has been increasing every month since January of 2021.
>>
>> Back to the topic at hand, if a mature man would end his own life over a
>> choice he made of his own volition, think what will happen in several
>> years to all the children who grew up with this forced upon them by
>> ignorant, lunatic liberal parents. In your own words "Suicide is very
>> common for trans people". It's liable to increase exponentially in a few
>> years.
>>
>> Having said that, I don't think it's anyone's business as long as he was
>> not fomenting it among minors.
>> --
>

> No mention of people who don't conform to gender norms goes through here without you going on about people abusing children,

And I will continue as long as you perverted liberal loons abuse children.

Remaining unimportant drivel deleted...

--
Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.