From: 1c2f76b8...@example.com (pls)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: Re: Vermiculite alternative for square foot gardening?
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 04:06:21 +0000
 by: pls - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 04:06 UTC

After the Libby Montana mine was closed down there was another source found in the Carolinas which has since been depleted. Most of the vermiculite we have been using has been imported from Algeria but because of the political unrest there imports have been curtailed. Unless a new source is found there will be no more vermiculite or a very limited supply which will be more expensive.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden/vermiculite-alternative-for-square-foot-gardening-15015-.htm

Re: Vermiculite alternative for square foot gardening?

<u7uurq$3oe8s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=209&group=rec.gardens#209

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 13:00:43 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 17:00 UTC

On 7/2/2023 12:06 AM, pls wrote:
> After the Libby Montana mine was closed down there was another source
> found in the Carolinas which has since been depleted. Most of the
> vermiculite we have been using has been imported from Algeria but
> because of the political unrest there imports have been curtailed.
> Unless a new source is found there will be no more vermiculite or a very
> limited supply which will be more expensive.

Go into any 1950's house and scoop the vermiculite out of the attic.
You will find buck after bucket full up there. Fair warning: Some
asbestos naturally occurs within.