From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Dexter Scott King,son of Martin Luther King Jr., 69
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 18:44:55 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 18:44 UTC

[Amsterdam News]

Dexter Scott King, younger son of Martin Luther King Jr.,
dies of cancer at 62

Atlanta (AP) - Dexter Scott King, the younger son of Martin Luther King
Jr. and Coretta Scott King, has died after battling prostate cancer.

The King Center in Atlanta says the 62-year-old son of the civil rights
leader died Monday at his California home after battling prostate cancer.

Dexter King was named for the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in Alabama
where his father once served as pastor, and he was just 7 years old when
his father was assassinated in 1968.
=======
rest:
https://amsterdamnews.com/news/2024/01/22/dexter-scott-king-younger-son-of-martin-luther-king-jr-dies-of-cancer-at-62/

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Dexter Scott King,son of Martin Luther King Jr., 69

<11af2c86-d87b-45c2-bb6b-e1d0cf3a533bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20838&group=alt.obituaries#20838

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 22:19:41 -0800 (PST)
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 06:19 UTC

All four of King's kids turned out to be problem children as adults, but Dexter especially so: Dexter is the one who fell for that preposterous story peddled by assassin Ray--who pled guilty and only later tried to withdraw his plea--that he was framed.

Now, I do not dispute there was a conspiracy in the King case. (Though I DO remain convinced--after scrutinizing both the JFK and RFK shootings for many decades now--that each of those WAS indeed a lone-gunman assassination.)

The conspiracy in the King case course culminated in Memphis at dinnertime on Thursday, April 4, 1968. (By the way, the moment Ray pulled the trigger, firing his single rifle shot from slightly to the northwest in a rooming house bathroom, Jesse Jackson was actually down the street from the Lorraine Motel, eating dinner in some diner--though the next morning Jackson's lying about his witnessing the shooting would earn Coretta Scott King's eternal enmity with his infamous "bloody shirt" interview on the NBC's Today show..)

But the King conspiracy was NOT between Ray and [take your paranoid pick]: the FBI, or the Mafia, or LBJ's people, or the CIA, or the KGB or any other group which all the JFK-case armchair-investigators so counter-factually cite.

Instead, it was between shooter Ray and one of his several older brothers--Jerry Ray, whom I'm informed still survives in the Ray clan's hometown of Alton, Illinois, just across the Mississippi from St. Louis to the north. As the book "American Assassins" makes clear to readers, smart-guy (and non-felon) Jerry Ray was the actual person whom the rather-dimwitted and repeatedly-imprisoned kid-brother James (known as "Jimmy" to his family, but to history as "James Earl" Ray) described to interrogating authorities as "Raoul", a supposedly mysterious voice whom the gunman claimed he never met in person, rather receiving his directives from via telephone around the Lower 48.

What seems to have started everything in motion was when the Ray brothers heard discussion of a $50,000 bounty on King's life (which they never came close to collecting, of course) offered by a monied Confederacy buff, a quite-possibly true rumor they picked up while hanging out in a bar on the south side of St. Louis.

That the late Dexter fell for the aging-prisoner Jimmy Ray's malarky doesn't speak well of Dexter's critical-thinking skills.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

Re: Dexter Scott King,son of Martin Luther King Jr., 69

<6d1dee0e-87fd-4e45-99ff-33c4f9c2554en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=20840&group=alt.obituaries#20840

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 23:00:33 -0800 (PST)
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 07:00 UTC

A quick post-posting check--into a story I haven't looked at in many years, and hardly ever covered on my various commercial newstalk call-in radio broadcasts, whereas both the JFK story and the RFK case each were discussed with my callers numerous times every November and June, respectively--informs me that Jerry Ray, NOT Jimmy [James Earl] Ray, was the youngest of the three Ray brothers. (Third brother John, who may or may not still be living, seems to have played no part in his two brothers' lethal conniving.)

Sorry for my mis-statement.

STYBLE/Florida

Re: Dexter Scott King,son of Martin Luther King Jr., 69

<uru64f$sn2$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21239&group=alt.obituaries#21239

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 03:23:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 03:23 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> [Amsterdam News]
>
> Dexter Scott King, younger son of Martin Luther King Jr.,
> dies of cancer at 62

Subject line says he was 69,
headline says he was 62...
> Atlanta (AP) - Dexter Scott King, the younger son of Martin Luther King
> Jr. and Coretta Scott King, has died after battling prostate cancer.
>
> The King Center in Atlanta says the 62-year-old son of the civil rights
> leader died Monday at his California home after battling prostate cancer.
>
> Dexter King was named for the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in Alabama
> where his father once served as pastor, and he was just 7 years old when
> his father was assassinated in 1968.

....and if he was 7 in early 1968 he had to have been born in mid-late 1960
or early 1961 and thus 63 in early 2024?

> =======
> rest:
> https://amsterdamnews.com/news/2024/01/22/dexter-scott-king-younger-son-of-martin-luther-king-jr-dies-of-cancer-at-62/

So to what extent have Dr. King's once-little children lived in a nation where
they have been judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their
character?...and what's being done to improve things?

-=-=-