From: kei...@home.com (Keith S)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Treat Williams,71,Veteran Actor
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 23:49:16 -0400
 by: Keith S - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 03:49 UTC

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/everwood-treat-williams-dead-71-020230274.html

Veteran actor Treat Williams, who starred in the WB drama Everwood,
among many other roles, has died following a motorcycle accident at the
age of 71, People magazine reports.

Williams’ agent Barry McPherson confirmed that Williams was killed on
Monday afternoon when a car cut him off as he was making a turn on his
motorcycle. “I’m just devastated,” McPherson said in a statement to
People. “He was the nicest guy. He was so talented. He was an actor’s
actor. Filmmakers loved him. He’s been the heart of Hollywood since the
late 1970s.”

Williams’ family released a statement to our sister site Deadline as
well: “It is with great sadness that we report that our beloved Treat
Williams has passed away tonight in Dorset, Vermont after a fatal
motorcycle accident. As you can imagine, we are shocked and greatly
bereaved at this time. Treat was full of love for his family, for his
life and for his craft, and was truly at the top of his game in all of
it. It is all so shocking right now, but please know that Treat was
dearly and deeply loved and respected by his family and everyone who
knew him. We are beyond devastated and ask that you respect our privacy
as we deal with our grief. To all his fans, please know that Treat
appreciated all of you and please continue to keep him in your hearts
and prayers.”

Williams first broke out as the star of the 1979 film version of Hair,
based on the Broadway musical, which earned him a Golden Globe
nomination. He had more than a hundred film and TV credits over the
years, including the films Prince of the City (which earned him another
Globe nomination), Once Upon a Time in America and Things to Do in
Denver When You’re Dead.

TV fans know him best as Dr. Andrew Brown, the big-city neurosurgeon who
moves to a small Colorado town along with his son and daughter on The
WB’s Everwood, which ran from 2002 to 2006. Williams earned two Screen
Actors Guild nominations for the role. He became TV’s go-to dad,
recurring as Severide’s father on Chicago Fire and Neal Caffrey’s dad on
White Collar. His other TV credits include Brothers & Sisters,
Heartland, Blue Bloods and Chesapeake Shores.

Re: Treat Williams,71,Veteran Actor

<951e54cf-e8e9-415f-b1b1-1cf9da84835en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18023&group=alt.obituaries#18023

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 23:55:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Treat Williams,71,Veteran Actor
From: bigmongo...@gmail.com (Big Mongo)
 by: Big Mongo - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 06:55 UTC

Damn it, not anymore....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1LRD3DtFAo

Re: Treat Williams, 71, Veteran Actor

<uae2dv$619m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18642&group=alt.obituaries#18642

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 17:06:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 17:06 UTC

Keith S <keith@home.com> wrote:

>https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/everwood-treat-williams-dead-71-020230274.html

>Veteran actor Treat Williams, who starred in the WB drama Everwood,
>among many other roles, has died following a motorcycle accident at the
>age of 71, People magazine reports.

>Williams' agent Barry McPherson confirmed that Williams was killed on
>Monday afternoon when a car cut him off as he was making a turn on his
>motorcycle. . . .

The driver of the vehicle that cut off Treat Williams and is responsible
for causing the crash has been charge with gross negligence.

Driver charged with gross negligence in crash that killed actor Treat
Williams
https://apnews.com/article/treat-williams-crash-charges-295323baf3980e6bb33930ebada0e444

Re: Treat Williams, 71, Veteran Actor

<usgfft$204as$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21264&group=alt.obituaries#21264

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 01:54:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 01:54 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>Keith S <keith@home.com> wrote:

>>https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/everwood-treat-williams-dead-71-020230274.html

>>Veteran actor Treat Williams, who starred in the WB drama Everwood,
>>among many other roles, has died following a motorcycle accident at the
>>age of 71, People magazine reports.

>>Williams' agent Barry McPherson confirmed that Williams was killed on
>>Monday afternoon when a car cut him off as he was making a turn on his
>>motorcycle. . . .

>The driver of the vehicle that cut off Treat Williams and is responsible
>for causing the crash has been charge with gross negligence.

>Driver charged with gross negligence in crash that killed actor Treat
>Williams
>https://apnews.com/article/treat-williams-crash-charges-295323baf3980e6bb33930ebada0e444

Driver pleads guilty to reduced charge in Vermont crash that killed
actor Treat Williams
By LISA RATHKE
AP News
Updated 4:56 PM CST, March 8, 2024
https://apnews.com/article/treat-williams-crash-death-ryan-koss-vermont-4e2d267505b885cec60b35a1d43f3cbf

Ryan Koss, 35, who knew Williams, was given a one-year deferred
sentence and as part of his probation will have his driving
license revoked for a year and must complete a community
restorative justice program on the misdemeanor charge.

Koss was turning left into a parking lot in a Honda SUV on June
12 when he collided with Williams' oncoming motorcycle in
Dorset, police said.