From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Remember Kim Davis?
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:28:59 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 19:28 UTC

Do you remember Kim Davis from 2015? Her misdeeds are catching up
with her.

"LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) ? Former county clerk Kim Davis, who refused to
issue marriage licenses in Kentucky to same-sex couples, must pay a
total of $260,104 in fees and expenses to attorneys who represented one
couple, according to a federal judge's ruling.

That's in addition to $100,000 in damages a jury said the former Rowan
County clerk should pay the couple who sued.

Attorneys for Davis had argued that the fees and costs sought by the
attorneys were excessive, but U.S. District Judge David L. Bunning
disagreed and said Davis must pay since the men prevailed in their
lawsuit, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.

Attorneys for Davis were expected to appeal the ruling.

Davis drew international attention when she was briefly jailed in 2015
over her refusal, which she based on her belief that marriage should
only be between a man and a woman."
[snip]

<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-rules-former-clerk-who-refused-
to-issue-marriage-licenses-must-pay-260-000-in-fees-costs/ar-AA1mmAhm?
ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2538d260ad4e46fd9ed421df065fe376&ei=143>

TB

Re: Remember Kim Davis?

<FhjlN.131008$7sbb.120058@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21282&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21282

Subject: Re: Remember Kim Davis?
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 15:17:41 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 20:17 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> Do you remember Kim Davis from 2015? Her misdeeds are catching up
> with her.
>
> "LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) ? Former county clerk Kim Davis, who refused to
> issue marriage licenses in Kentucky to same-sex couples, must pay a
> total of $260,104 in fees and expenses to attorneys who represented one
> couple, according to a federal judge's ruling.
>
> That's in addition to $100,000 in damages a jury said the former Rowan
> County clerk should pay the couple who sued.
>
> Attorneys for Davis had argued that the fees and costs sought by the
> attorneys were excessive, but U.S. District Judge David L. Bunning
> disagreed and said Davis must pay since the men prevailed in their
> lawsuit, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
>
> Attorneys for Davis were expected to appeal the ruling.
>
> Davis drew international attention when she was briefly jailed in 2015
> over her refusal, which she based on her belief that marriage should
> only be between a man and a woman."
> [snip]
>
> <https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-rules-former-clerk-who-refused-
> to-issue-marriage-licenses-must-pay-260-000-in-fees-costs/ar-AA1mmAhm?
> ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2538d260ad4e46fd9ed421df065fe376&ei=143>

Your URLs are still screwed up. Test follows:

--
bill

Re: Remember Kim Davis?

<aljlN.108896$Ama9.23058@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21283&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21283

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 15:21:25 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 20:21 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>

>>      Do you remember Kim Davis from 2015? Her misdeeds are catching up
>> with her.
>>
>> "LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) ? Former county clerk Kim Davis, who refused to
>> issue marriage licenses in Kentucky to same-sex couples, must pay a
>> total of $260,104 in fees and expenses to attorneys who represented one
>> couple, according to a federal judge's ruling.
>>
>> That's in addition to $100,000 in damages a jury said the former Rowan
>> County clerk should pay the couple who sued.
>>
>> Attorneys for Davis had argued that the fees and costs sought by the
>> attorneys were excessive, but U.S. District Judge David L. Bunning
>> disagreed and said Davis must pay since the men prevailed in their
>> lawsuit, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
>>
>> Attorneys for Davis were expected to appeal the ruling.
>>
>> Davis drew international attention when she was briefly jailed in 2015
>> over her refusal, which she based on her belief that marriage should
>> only be between a man and a woman."
>> [snip]
>>
>> <https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-rules-former-clerk-who-refused-
>>
>> to-issue-marriage-licenses-must-pay-260-000-in-fees-costs/ar-AA1mmAhm?
>> ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2538d260ad4e46fd9ed421df065fe376&ei=143>
>
> Your URLs are still screwed up. Test follows:
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-rules-former-clerk-who-refused-to-issue-marriage-licenses-must-pay-260-000-in-fees-costs/ar-AA1mmAhm?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2538d260ad4e46fd9ed421df065fe376&ei=143

It worked here. Did it work there?

--
bill

Re: Remember Kim Davis?

<MPG.3fffc8df5074189b989699@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21286&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21286

From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 19:42:18 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 03:42 UTC

In article <aljlN.108896$Ama9.23058@fx12.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> bfh wrote:
> > Technobarbarian wrote:
> >>

> >>      Do you remember Kim Davis from 2015? Her misdeeds are catching up
> >> with her.
> >>
> >> "LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) ? Former county clerk Kim Davis, who refused to
> >> issue marriage licenses in Kentucky to same-sex couples, must pay a
> >> total of $260,104 in fees and expenses to attorneys who represented one
> >> couple, according to a federal judge's ruling.
> >>
> >> That's in addition to $100,000 in damages a jury said the former Rowan
> >> County clerk should pay the couple who sued.
> >>
> >> Attorneys for Davis had argued that the fees and costs sought by the
> >> attorneys were excessive, but U.S. District Judge David L. Bunning
> >> disagreed and said Davis must pay since the men prevailed in their
> >> lawsuit, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
> >>
> >> Attorneys for Davis were expected to appeal the ruling.
> >>
> >> Davis drew international attention when she was briefly jailed in 2015
> >> over her refusal, which she based on her belief that marriage should
> >> only be between a man and a woman."
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> <https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-rules-former-clerk-who-refused-
> >>
> >> to-issue-marriage-licenses-must-pay-260-000-in-fees-costs/ar-AA1mmAhm?
> >> ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2538d260ad4e46fd9ed421df065fe376&ei=143>
> >
> > Your URLs are still screwed up. Test follows:
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-rules-former-clerk-who-refused-to-issue-marriage-licenses-must-pay-260-000-in-fees-costs/ar-AA1mmAhm?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2538d260ad4e46fd9ed421df065fe376&ei=143
>
> It worked here. Did it work there?

Yes, but all versions work, if correctly copied and pasted to a
browser. The last version works, but it opens in a browser I don't
generally use. Everything is working fine for me. At this point the
importance of your problem escapes me.

TB