Factorials were someone's attempt to make math LOOK exciting.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yet

SubjectAuthor
* Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film YetBTR1701
+* Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yetshawn
|`- Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film YetWoke Ken
+- Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film YetAdam H. Kerman
`- Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yettrotsky

1
Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yet

<5h-cnfrFf8moazz4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213445&group=rec.arts.tv#213445

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yet
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:32:21 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:32 UTC

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has been hired to direct a STAR WARS feature film for
Disney. Up till now, she's only worked on low-budget 'progressive' activist
documentaries. She has no credentials or background that indicates she can
handle a $100-million plus budget or has any in-depth knowledge of the STAR
WARS mythos.

this as an opportunity to bring (even more) wokeness and activism to the STAR
WARS universe: "We're in 2024 now and it's about time we have a woman come
forward and shape the story in a galaxy far, far away."

Which is weird, given the literal past 10 years of STAR WARS, which has seen
nothing but one major female character after another, often in replacement of
beloved male characters from the original trilogy:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jv01cdkgu0sepjicftix6/SW1.png?rlkey=imeg43n8zb08ad4fzx9asemhb&dl=0

In a follow-up interview, Obaid-Chinoy stated that her goal with her STAR
WARS film will be to "make men uncomfortable".

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5m9do3jizb9fnvfb1rzua/SW2.png?rlkey=txwq1xjlkgkebhln8g1jgh7ll&dl=0

Oh, thank god. I’m so glad to hear we've finally got someone who will focus on
important topics like political ideology and identity politics rather than
useless crap like plot and character.

Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yet

<ekt3qip44e0aask2785c5o1vlrugihd0g2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213446&group=rec.arts.tv#213446

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:35:41 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:35 UTC

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:32:21 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has been hired to direct a STAR WARS feature film for
>Disney. Up till now, she's only worked on low-budget 'progressive' activist
>documentaries. She has no credentials or background that indicates she can
>handle a $100-million plus budget or has any in-depth knowledge of the STAR
>WARS mythos.

>this as an opportunity to bring (even more) wokeness and activism to the STAR
>WARS universe: "We're in 2024 now and it's about time we have a woman come
>forward and shape the story in a galaxy far, far away."

It's all about her opportunity to put a spin on the Star Wars
universe. It doesn't matter what happened before hand. Also note that
they want to split from the Skywalker line to do their own thing by
claiming Rey as a Skywalker instead of a Palpetine.

>Which is weird, given the literal past 10 years of STAR WARS, which has seen
>nothing but one major female character after another, often in replacement of
>beloved male characters from the original trilogy:
>

>https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jv01cdkgu0sepjicftix6/SW1.png?rlkey=imeg43n8zb08ad4fzx9asemhb&dl=0
>
>In a follow-up interview, Obaid-Chinoy stated that her goal with her STAR
>WARS film will be to "make men uncomfortable".
>

>https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5m9do3jizb9fnvfb1rzua/SW2.png?rlkey=txwq1xjlkgkebhln8g1jgh7ll&dl=0
>
>Oh, thank god. I’m so glad to hear we've finally got someone who will focus on
>important topics like political ideology and identity politics rather than
>useless crap like plot and character.

Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yet

<unsvdu$3pqvn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213448&group=rec.arts.tv#213448

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 03:18:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 03:18 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has been hired to direct a STAR WARS feature film for
>Disney. . . .

This is appalling.

Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yet

<17c41c46-be70-4d5e-aa5b-6d6ee66f3c2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213486&group=rec.arts.tv#213486

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 14:15:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR
WARS Film Yet
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Woke Ken)
 by: Woke Ken - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 22:15 UTC

On Friday, January 12, 2024 at 8:35:49 PM UTC-6, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:32:21 +0000, BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has been hired to direct a STAR WARS feature film for
> >Disney. Up till now, she's only worked on low-budget 'progressive' activist
> >documentaries. She has no credentials or background that indicates she can
> >handle a $100-million plus budget or has any in-depth knowledge of the STAR
> >WARS mythos.

> >this as an opportunity to bring (even more) wokeness and activism to the STAR
> >WARS universe: "We're in 2024 now and it's about time we have a woman come
> >forward and shape the story in a galaxy far, far away."
> It's all about her opportunity to put a spin on the Star Wars
> universe. It doesn't matter what happened before hand. Also note that
> they want to split from the Skywalker line to do their own thing by
> claiming Rey as a Skywalker instead of a Palpetine.
> >Which is weird, given the literal past 10 years of STAR WARS, which has seen
> >nothing but one major female character after another, often in replacement of
> >beloved male characters from the original trilogy:
> >

> >https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jv01cdkgu0sepjicftix6/SW1.png?rlkey=imeg43n8zb08ad4fzx9asemhb&dl=0
> >
> >In a follow-up interview, Obaid-Chinoy stated that her goal with her STAR
> >WARS film will be to "make men uncomfortable".
> >

> >https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5m9do3jizb9fnvfb1rzua/SW2.png?rlkey=txwq1xjlkgkebhln8g1jgh7ll&dl=0
> >
> >Oh, thank god. I’m so glad to hear we've finally got someone who will focus on
> >important topics like political ideology and identity politics rather than
> >useless crap like plot and character.

I lost interest in Star Wars at age 15

Re: Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yet

<xrPoN.163054$PuZ9.135299@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213520&group=rec.arts.tv#213520

WARS Film Yet
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 05:19:56 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 11:19 UTC

On 1/12/24 8:32 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has been hired to direct a STAR WARS feature film for
> Disney. Up till now, she's only worked on low-budget 'progressive' activist
> documentaries. She has no credentials or background that indicates she can
> handle a $100-million plus budget or has any in-depth knowledge of the STAR
> WARS mythos.

> this as an opportunity to bring (even more) wokeness and activism to the STAR
> WARS universe: "We're in 2024 now and it's about time we have a woman come
> forward and shape the story in a galaxy far, far away."
>
> Which is weird, given the literal past 10 years of STAR WARS, which has seen
> nothing but one major female character after another, often in replacement of
> beloved male characters from the original trilogy:
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jv01cdkgu0sepjicftix6/SW1.png?rlkey=imeg43n8zb08ad4fzx9asemhb&dl=0
>
> In a follow-up interview, Obaid-Chinoy stated that her goal with her STAR
> WARS film will be to "make men uncomfortable".
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5m9do3jizb9fnvfb1rzua/SW2.png?rlkey=txwq1xjlkgkebhln8g1jgh7ll&dl=0
>
> Oh, thank god. I’m so glad to hear we've finally got someone who will focus on
> important topics like political ideology and identity politics rather than
> useless crap like plot and character.

It's Star Wars for fuck's sake, all George Lucas wanted to do was make
Cowboys and Indians in space. Who gives a shit. Also you might want to
do research what producers on a movie do to aid in its production.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Disney Hires Pakistani Female Director to Make Most Woke STAR WARS Film Yet