From: mig73all...@yahoo.co.uk (Mig.Rhodes)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Christopher Hyde-Smith, 88, flautist
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:53:29 +0000
 by: Mig.Rhodes - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:53 UTC

Christopher Hyde-Smith, who has died aged 88, was a prominent flautist in the London music scene; he played for Stravinsky, Bernstein and Benjamin Britten. He played a flute solo in the epic movie Lawrence of Arabia

Hyde-Smith was principal flute and chairman of the London Mozart Players, and recorded Mozart’s Concerto for Flute and Harp with his first wife, Marisa Robles...Hyde-Smith was once introduced as ‘the distinguished flautist’ and an old lady asked: ‘Tell me, my dear, what do you actually do to floors?’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2024/03/22/christopher-hyde-smith-james-galway-marisa-robles-flute/