Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 18:49:30 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: Another Attorney Dumps The Orange Goon
 by: kmiller - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 02:49 UTC

Former President Donald Trump on Monday lost an experienced defense
attorney from his legal roster.

Joe Tacopina told ABC News, "I withdrew on all matters."

Tacopina accompanied Trump when the former president pleaded not guilty
in New York last April to charges that he falsified business records
stemming from his hush payment to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.

Prosecutors with the Manhattan DA's office allege that Trump engaged in
a "scheme" to boost his election chances during the 2016 presidential
race through a series of hush money payments made by others to help his
campaign, and then "repeatedly and fraudulently falsified New York
business records" to conceal that criminal conduct. Trump has denied all
wrongdoing.

In a letter to Judge Juan Merchan, the judge overseeing the case,
Tacopina wrote, "I write to respectfully inform the Court that my firm,
Chad Seigel and I hereby withdraw as counsel for Defendant Donald J.
Trump in this proceeding,"

Susan Necheles is Trump's lead counsel in the case. Attorney Todd
Blanche also appeared at April's arraignment.

Tacopina also represented Trump in the civil defamation and battery case
brought by former Elle magazine columnist E. Jean Carroll, in which
Trump was found liable and ordered to pay Carroll $5 million in damages.

Tacopina will no longer handle Trump's appeal of that verdict.

Attorney Alina Habba and her partner Michael Maddaio are representing
Trump in Carroll's other lawsuit in that case, which is scheduled to go
on trial Tuesday in Manhattan federal court.

Tacopina was one of the most accomplished trial lawyers on Trump’s legal
team, with a long history of criminal case victories. His client list
has included former baseball star Alex Rodriguez, Fox News host Sean
Hannity and rapper A$AP Rocky.

He declined to comment further on his withdrawal as Trump's attorney.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/attorney-joe-tacopina-withdraws-trumps-legal-team/story?id=106384143

Do you suppose he just couldn't stomach any more "spaghetti"? Or, maybe
he figured he wouldn't get paid? HawHawHaw!

Re: Another Attorney Dumps The Orange Goon

<MPG.401038967ec0bc4d9896ab@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21391&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21391

From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Another Attorney Dumps The Orange Goon
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 06:54:52 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 14:54 UTC

In article <uDWdnbcXA_Qqczj4nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>, i09172
@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com says...

> Former President Donald Trump on Monday lost an experienced defense
> attorney from his legal roster.
>
> Joe Tacopina told ABC News, "I withdrew on all matters."
>
> Tacopina accompanied Trump when the former president pleaded not guilty
> in New York last April to charges that he falsified business records
> stemming from his hush payment to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.
>
> Prosecutors with the Manhattan DA's office allege that Trump engaged in
> a "scheme" to boost his election chances during the 2016 presidential
> race through a series of hush money payments made by others to help his
> campaign, and then "repeatedly and fraudulently falsified New York
> business records" to conceal that criminal conduct. Trump has denied all
> wrongdoing.
>
> In a letter to Judge Juan Merchan, the judge overseeing the case,
> Tacopina wrote, "I write to respectfully inform the Court that my firm,
> Chad Seigel and I hereby withdraw as counsel for Defendant Donald J.
> Trump in this proceeding,"
>
> Susan Necheles is Trump's lead counsel in the case. Attorney Todd
> Blanche also appeared at April's arraignment.
>
> Tacopina also represented Trump in the civil defamation and battery case
> brought by former Elle magazine columnist E. Jean Carroll, in which
> Trump was found liable and ordered to pay Carroll $5 million in damages.
>
> Tacopina will no longer handle Trump's appeal of that verdict.
>
> Attorney Alina Habba and her partner Michael Maddaio are representing
> Trump in Carroll's other lawsuit in that case, which is scheduled to go
> on trial Tuesday in Manhattan federal court.
>
> Tacopina was one of the most accomplished trial lawyers on Trump?s legal
> team, with a long history of criminal case victories. His client list
> has included former baseball star Alex Rodriguez, Fox News host Sean
> Hannity and rapper A$AP Rocky.
>
> He declined to comment further on his withdrawal as Trump's attorney.
>
> https://abcnews.go.com/US/attorney-joe-tacopina-withdraws-trumps-legal-team/story?id=106384143
>
> Do you suppose he just couldn't stomach any more "spaghetti"? Or, maybe
> he figured he wouldn't get paid? HawHawHaw!

He also took two of his colleagues with him.

"Trump loses another 2 lawyers as quitting attorney takes colleagues
with him: report"

https://www.rawstory.com/tacopina-trump/

In the big leagues they also have to worry about their batting
average. Representing a loser can make all of them look like losers.

TB