Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:14:00 -0700 (PDT)
<caa806d6-4065-481b-a4ac-c2088db32763n@googlegroups.com> <c5a536f3-90ab-4c48-b148-2f370bae07b6n@googlegroups.com>
<29f2858f-5c86-4d77-821e-88010499771bn@googlegroups.com> <5l6b4ghdj9dkku4mrdfqah05lrg2mrsamn@4ax.com>
<37d953b3-3147-478a-91e6-5245f4fd1667n@googlegroups.com> <lbkb4gd85mdg265ed6mu6dthskhk4f2ehs@4ax.com>
<c7eeae90-ec61-4a40-818c-17e36803c8dbn@googlegroups.com> <8o2e4gpmfn671l6pj2670sdva2akuklg3v@4ax.com>
<61282ae0-68f9-4ab8-990e-6b98d28fad3bn@googlegroups.com> <893f034f-f064-421a-b412-dacec40ad905n@googlegroups.com>
<pyr7I.93922$mK3.84050@fx43.iad> <ac461eb0-cd33-4543-b139-0a37bc229ae1n@googlegroups.com>
<a1342690-93c5-459f-aa18-e86436aebd63n@googlegroups.com> <id3tcbFroo8U1@mid.individual.net>
<fe3908b9-d009-439a-b766-585225b863d3n@googlegroups.com> <id6prrF6cb5U1@mid.individual.net>
<d3ceb0fb-aa08-41d5-a9bd-de16386100c8n@googlegroups.com> <7c285ae9-844d-44e1-9ef4-8764b210e34dn@googlegroups.com>
<c9159f3b-49a6-4160-adce-18cac57c2ba0n@googlegroups.com> <bd7a6bad-23b7-4933-be61-11e3814d7839n@googlegroups.com>
<0c341e44-0554-48d1-9f94-0f79321b2556n@googlegroups.com> <ac95a62f-3f42-4a80-9409-38e508b389ccn@googlegroups.com>
<6dbb2576-2b0a-404b-979b-5f91613e9d51n@googlegroups.com> <f9166b85-f0bb-49fa-b5bf-f8ffd7cf64adn@googlegroups.com>
<7d86e3ba-b91c-4a0b-8684-45961b07b66en@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Opening traps are killers
From: nastyhor...@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 21:14 UTC

Bs"d

So today on my rest day I played some over the board games. In six games I only blundered once, or that is the most that I and my opponent noticed. That resulted in a sudden mate, but that was the only one of 6 games that I lost, so it was 5-1 for me.
That's the way I like it.

I played the same guy I played a few weeks ago, a serious chess player, active on Lichess, and he practices tactics on Chess.com.
He doesn't do opening traps, because, he says, you end up in bad positions when the opponent doesn't fall for your traps.

Fortunately, I was able to impress upon him the importance of studying opening traps, even when you don't want to play them yourself. Then you still need the knowledge in order to prevent yourself from falling into the traps of the opponent.

i drove that point home in the first game, where I was black. He started to play an Italian opening, and I used the opportunity to release upon him a Blackburn-Shilling trap.
He swallowed the poisoned pawn, hook, line, and sinker.
I did my thing, my thing being queen g5, after which he forked my queen and castle by smacking his horse in on f7.
And that is the worst line for the opponent there is.
It resulted in the totally unexpected smothered mate on move 7.

With a stunned expression on his face he said: “That was fast….”

Chess is a cruel game. https://tinyurl.com/Nigel-kill

It was an over the board game, but here is an old Lichess game which went exactly the same: https://lichess.org/oGkbGfME/black#14

Opening traps are killers

https://tinyurl.com/Blackburn-trap