From: mig73all...@yahoo.co.uk (Mig.Rhodes)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Freddy Nock, 59,high-wire artist who broke record for highest tightrope
walk ...
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:38:59 +0000
 by: Mig.Rhodes - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:38 UTC

Freddy Nock, the Swiss high-wire artist, who has died suddenly at home aged 59, collected a score of world records for a succession of stomach-churning stunts in which he scorned all safety equipment...

He believed that ‘you can’t live your life just focusing on all the dangers. Death is a part of life and when your time is up, it’s up’

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/swiss-tightrope-legend-freddy-nock-has-died/49198298

Re: Freddy Nock, 59,high-wire artist who broke record for highest tightrope walk ...

<069306a35b5c98c036d99cfb48698a88@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21412&group=alt.obituaries#21412

Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 21:50:08 +0000
walk ...
From: radioact...@hotmail.com (bryan_styble)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
 by: bryan_styble - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 21:50 UTC

Didn't know about this remarkable Swiss fellow, so I'm grateful you posted it.

But therein--or elsewhere--I can't find any word of Freddy Nock's manner of death...but the word "suddenly" suggests (to me, at least) that it might have been some sort of training accident.

In his words every bit as much as his public deeds, the late Nock clearly wasn't intimidated by the prospect of dramatic death, even one involving a plunge; he clearly considered it inherent in his brand of performance art which I suppose is the best frame of mind for anyone choosing his line of work.

But I still kinda sorta hope his sad demise was of natural causes, rather than a professional mishap.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

Re: Freddy Nock, 59,high-wire artist who broke record for highest tightrope walk ...

<0cca1ed0b7ffeb701fc5111f9353bafd@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21417&group=alt.obituaries#21417

From: mig73all...@yahoo.co.uk (Mig.Rhodes)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
walk ...
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 22:09:52 +0000
 by: Mig.Rhodes - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 22:09 UTC

bryan_styble wrote:

> Didn't know about this remarkable Swiss fellow, so I'm grateful you posted it.

> But therein--or elsewhere--I can't find any word of Freddy Nock's manner of death...but the word "suddenly" suggests (to me, at least) that it might have been some sort of training accident.

> In his words every bit as much as his public deeds, the late Nock clearly wasn't intimidated by the prospect of dramatic death, even one involving a plunge; he clearly considered it inherent in his brand of performance art which I suppose is the best frame of mind for anyone choosing his line of work.

> But I still kinda sorta hope his sad demise was of natural causes, rather than a professional mishap.

> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

Not clear what exactly carried Nock off --- Police in canton Aargau confirmed reports of Nock’s death in the Swiss media, including the Blick newspaper. The previous day, police had attended Nock’s home, but said they are not investigating any violent crime.