Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 04:15:58 +0000
Subject: Barbara Rush, 97, actress
From: radioact...@hotmail.com (bryan_styble)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
 by: bryan_styble - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 04:15 UTC

She died on Easter Sunday, the final day of March 2024.

I hardly knew Rush's work other than her femme fatale role in "Robin & the 7 Hoods"--the delightful musical fable which Sinatra considered (correctly, in my inconsequential view) the best of his Rat Pack pictures--and I was startled to learn she was married to Jeffrey Hunter for five years in the early 1950s.

An interesting fact: that particular Friday they started to film the R&7H cemetery scene (staging the funeral of Edward G. Robinson's Big Jim character, who was father to Rush's character) happened to be November 22, 1963; when the news flash from Texas reached the on-location Los Angeles shoot, Sinatra--who produced the charmingly stylish musical--quite appropriately postponed production for a few days, sending everyone home to follow the unfolding events in Dallas.

Oh, and the lords of Wikipedia provide this intelligence-insulting alert at the top of the late Rush's entry: "Not to be confused with Barbara Bush." (Yet they THEN lacked to point out that there are TWO famous BBs, the late First Lady BB, of course, AND her granddaughter BB, Jenna's sororal twin!)

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
=================
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Rush
---------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_and_the_7_Hoods

Re: Barbara Rush, 97, actress

<9e596875290348d73fbbb18b500cc009@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21420&group=alt.obituaries#21420

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 11:54:03 +0000
Subject: Re: Barbara Rush, 97, actress
From: countym...@yahoo.com (Diner99)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
 by: Diner99 - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 11:54 UTC

Yet another Batman villain gone.
She played Nora Clavicle on the third season episode "Nora Clavicle and the Ladies' Crime Club," generally regarded as one of the series' low points.

Re: Barbara Rush, 97, actress

<40ca5a5509c758551e4c5b69d7b88ce4@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21429&group=alt.obituaries#21429

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 17:59:44 +0000
From: jsnsmith...@gmail.com (Jason)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
 by: Jason - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 17:59 UTC

I remember Barbara from her stint on the nighttime soap opera 'Peyton Place'. She played Marsha Russell, a divorced mother with a teenaged daughter. Marsha took up with the town doctor, Michael Rossi.

Re: Barbara Rush, 97, actress

<uufljm$8ic$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21434&group=alt.obituaries#21434

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 01:04:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 01:04 UTC

Jason <jsnsmith565@gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember Barbara from her stint on the nighttime soap opera 'Peyton
> Place'. She played Marsha Russell, a divorced mother with a teenaged
> daughter. Marsha took up with the town doctor, Michael Rossi.

I saw her on "The Bionic Woman",I believe she was a secret agent
who had assumed the identity of the title character's mother.

According to obituaries she had lived at the fabled Harold Lloyd estate
(memorable to me as the site of the 1970s Robert Wagner/Kate Jackson
telefilm "Death at Love House",which inspired one of my unfinished
works of fiction) since 1997,which would indicate considerable wealth.

-=-=-