From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Tigger)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Subject: Wi-Fi enabled Litter-Robot for cats
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 22:27:32 -0600
 by: Tigger - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 04:27 UTC

You can't make this stuff up.

Longish, best to follow the link. The pictures are worth it.

https://gizmodo.com/this-wifi-enabled-space-toilet-for-cats-turned-me-into-1847303337

"The Litter-Robot opts for a less mechanically complicated, if far
bulkier, solution.
It’s basically a giant plastic dome that you fill with almost any normal
brand of
litter. The cat enters, does what it came for, and triggers a weight
sensor. Some
7-15 minutes later, depending on configuration, a gear activates and
rotates the
dome upside down, sifting the newly formed clumps out of the litter with a
plastic
screen. The dirty bits fall into a drawer with a plastic liner and carbon
filter for later
removal, then the dome reverses and moves the clean stuff back into place."

"The wifi-enabled Litter-Robot 3 Connect we tested is the more expensive
model
at $500 and can be paired to an app that makes it into a sort of smart
home device.
The app keeps users updated on how full the waste shelf is, lets them
cycle or
restart the unit, and keeps a graph of how often a cat enters. The last
feature is
surprisingly useful."

Re: Wi-Fi enabled Litter-Robot for cats

<zvUUI.13917$zp1.3120@fx15.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=220&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#220

Subject: Re: Wi-Fi enabled Litter-Robot for cats
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 17:34:22 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 21:34 UTC

On 8/23/2021 12:27 AM, Tigger wrote:
> You can't make this stuff up.
>
> Longish, best to follow the link. The pictures are worth it.
>
> https://gizmodo.com/this-wifi-enabled-space-toilet-for-cats-turned-me-into-1847303337
>

> "The Litter-Robot opts for a less mechanically complicated, if far
> bulkier, solution.
> It’s basically a giant plastic dome that you fill with almost any normal
> brand of
> litter. The cat enters, does what it came for, and triggers a weight
> sensor. Some
> 7-15 minutes later, depending on configuration, a gear activates and
> rotates the
> dome upside down, sifting the newly formed clumps out of the litter with
> a plastic
> screen. The dirty bits fall into a drawer with a plastic liner and
> carbon filter for later
> removal, then the dome reverses and moves the clean stuff back into place."
>
> "The wifi-enabled Litter-Robot 3 Connect we tested is the more expensive
> model
> at $500 and can be paired to an app that makes it into a sort of smart
> home device.
> The app keeps users updated on how full the waste shelf is, lets them
> cycle or
> restart the unit, and keeps a graph of how often a cat enters. The last
> feature is
> surprisingly useful."

I think Persia, and later Buffy would have freaked out (a) using a
covered litter box and (b) hearing the sound that thing makes when it
scoops the box. Then again, I'm not convinced anyone really needs an
"app" for litter boxes. ;)

Jill