From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: I'm so proud
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 06:15:57 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 14:15 UTC

For some reason most of our local Proud Boys live on the other side
of the Columbia river, over in Washington. They used to come here to
fight with the Antifa people who mostly live on this side of the river.
We haven't seen that for a while. That could be because the proudest
boys keep getting themselves locked up. Even though this guy lives on
the north side of the river, we still consider him a home boy here.

"PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) ? A Vancouver man convicted on multiple charges
for his actions in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, will spend the
next six years in federal prison.

Forty-four-year-old Marc Bru, who federal authorities described as a
member of the extremist group Proud Boys, was found guilty in October
2023 of obstruction of an official proceeding and civil disorder ? both
felonies ? and five misdemeanor charges.

Federal prosecutors say Bru was among the first to get inside the
restricted perimeter on the west side of the U.S. Capitol, just before 1
p.m. on January 6. From there, he joined the ?first wave? of rioters
near the Peace Circle, made his way to the front of the group and
repeatedly yelled at Capitol Police officers that they would, ?die for
the corporation.?

According to the Department of Justice, Bru made it into the Capitol
building 90 minutes later where he took several selfies in the Senate
Gallery, flashing a sign associated with the Proud Boys in one of them.

Prosecutors say that following the events of January 6, 2021, Bru
attempted to organize a violent insurrection against governments in
Portland, urging others to fight the police.

During his sentencing, Bru told the judge, ?You could give me 100 years
and I would still do it all over again.? Following Bru?s prison
sentence, he will be on supervised probation for another three years."
[snip]

https://www.koin.com/news/vancouver-proud-boys-member-sentenced-for-
january-6-assault-on-u-s-capitol/

TB