Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:09:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Po blisko 2 latach pandemii...
From: abjj...@sbcglobal.net (Basia)
 by: Basia - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 01:09 UTC

Naukofcy coponiektorzy odwazniejsi
oraz lepiej sytuowan maja smialosc
mediom przekazywac informacje o tym
ze maski uszyte samemu z materialu
sa bezwartosciowe.

(CNN) As the highly contagious Omicron coronavirus variant continues to spread, some experts say it's past time to reconsider your face mask options -- especially if you're still wearing the cloth variety.

"Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and visiting professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, on CNN Newsroom Tuesday.

(...)

"We need to be wearing at least a three-ply surgical mask," she said, which is also known as a disposable mask and can be found at most drugstores and some grocery and retail stores. "You can wear a cloth mask on top of that, but do not just wear a cloth mask alone."

Ideally, in crowded places, "you should be wearing a KN95 or N95 mask," which can be as inexpensive as a few dollars each, Wen added. By having a better fit and certain materials -- such as polypropylene fibers -- acting as both mechanical and electrostatic barriers, these masks better prevent tiny particles from getting into your nose or mouth and must be fitted to your face to function properly.

Changing guidance
During the first several months of the pandemic, health experts discouraged the general public from buying N95 masks, since medical professionals were facing a shortage of personal protection equipment. But it has "been many months since supply of N95s (has been) an issue," Wen said.

Yet the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's most recent guidance on selecting, properly wearing, cleaning and storing face masks recommended people avoid N95 masks and instead choose masks with two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric -- which Wen called "a major mistake."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/24/health/cloth-mask-omicron-variant-wellness/index.html

Re: Po blisko 2 latach pandemii...

<ce1d3a5f-ec27-4abd-9f04-b880761345d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21923&group=soc.culture.polish#21923

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:23:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Po blisko 2 latach pandemii...
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 01:23 UTC

On Saturday, 25 December 2021 at 02:09:26 UTC+1, Basia wrote:
> Naukofcy coponiektorzy odwazniejsi
> oraz lepiej sytuowan maja smialosc
> mediom przekazywac informacje o tym
> ze maski uszyte samemu z materialu
> sa bezwartosciowe.
>
> (CNN) As the highly contagious Omicron coronavirus variant continues to spread, some experts say it's past time to reconsider your face mask options -- especially if you're still wearing the cloth variety.
>
> "Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and visiting professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, on CNN Newsroom Tuesday.
>
> (...)
>
> "We need to be wearing at least a three-ply surgical mask," she said, which is also known as a disposable mask and can be found at most drugstores and some grocery and retail stores. "You can wear a cloth mask on top of that, but do not just wear a cloth mask alone."
>
> Ideally, in crowded places, "you should be wearing a KN95 or N95 mask," which can be as inexpensive as a few dollars each, Wen added. By having a better fit and certain materials -- such as polypropylene fibers -- acting as both mechanical and electrostatic barriers, these masks better prevent tiny particles from getting into your nose or mouth and must be fitted to your face to function properly.
>
> Changing guidance
> During the first several months of the pandemic, health experts discouraged the general public from buying N95 masks, since medical professionals were facing a shortage of personal protection equipment. But it has "been many months since supply of N95s (has been) an issue," Wen said.
>
> Yet the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's most recent guidance on selecting, properly wearing, cleaning and storing face masks recommended people avoid N95 masks and instead choose masks with two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric -- which Wen called "a major mistake."
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/24/health/cloth-mask-omicron-variant-wellness/index.html
Rok 2040
Po blisko 20 latach pandemii...
1B views

interests / soc.culture.polish / Po blisko 2 latach pandemii...