Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

Parkinson's Law: Work expands to fill the time alloted it.


interests / rec.games.frp.dnd / Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.

SubjectAuthor
* WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.Keith J Davies
+- WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.gbbgu
`* WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.Justisaur
 `- WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.Keith J Davies

1
Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.

<ee53335c-e5bb-4dfe-a885-e965f2fc32c6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#22

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
X-Received: by 2002:ad4:558d:0:b0:63c:f38d:e0ce with SMTP id f13-20020ad4558d000000b0063cf38de0cemr35726qvx.1.1691374254906;
Sun, 06 Aug 2023 19:10:54 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6830:480c:b0:6b2:a874:693d with SMTP id
dg12-20020a056830480c00b006b2a874693dmr8499828otb.3.1691374254551; Sun, 06
Aug 2023 19:10:54 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!diablo1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com!1.us.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!border-1.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 19:10:54 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <40409b9b-f6b3-478d-ac31-84ed8eb3354cn@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=104.254.90.58; posting-account=7byWAAoAAADFUxvfdKntaIXOJ24nLXNu
NNTP-Posting-Host: 104.254.90.58
References: <40409b9b-f6b3-478d-ac31-84ed8eb3354cn@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <ee53335c-e5bb-4dfe-a885-e965f2fc32c6n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.
From: keith.da...@gmail.com (Keith J Davies)
Injection-Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 02:10:54 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 16
 by: Keith J Davies - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 02:10 UTC

On Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 10:47:13 AM UTC-7, Justisaur wrote:
> https://gizmodo.com/magic-march-of-the-machine-aftermath-leak-pinkertons-1850369015
>
> MtG not D&D but same company.
>
> I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but it's not a good look.
>
> - Justisaur

They are practicing to _master_ the 'not a good luck' thing.

The OGL debacle, sending Pinkertons to fix a shipping mistake, taking Elmore's name off the art done for the movie, and just this week, using art that included AI-generated elements.

I guess setting puppies on fire is next.

Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.

<PMGAM.661159$GMN3.482452@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#23

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx16.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: gbb...@gbbgu.com (gbbgu)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.
X-Face: +|sL/Gh{tYJ*kM#HR<@Y%`FkF/`Y?+8N4m(2YM]:<r_Uo0Io4e^g"lX:Q0V~j.7,+rc8E=, \]E.gCS^Hk1h%vMI/66h689CFD=CXqW`VF(wt&\A'jMdQrh$CV2h2_p<(x&j:e1.>6q_=51=a}^zF\ yu4#DmCl'?T9Na5#U<#WnV]V<\ywSJhiV=)TtqQn?tc7T*z4Nz0t[t.S)63N58*HUCH`x
References: <40409b9b-f6b3-478d-ac31-84ed8eb3354cn@googlegroups.com> <ee53335c-e5bb-4dfe-a885-e965f2fc32c6n@googlegroups.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=fixed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Usenapp for MacOS
X-Usenapp: v1.27.1/l - Full License
Lines: 17
Message-ID: <PMGAM.661159$GMN3.482452@fx16.iad>
X-Complaints-To: abuse@frugalusenet.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 06:56:47 UTC
Organization: frugalusenet - www.frugalusenet.com
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 06:56:47 GMT
X-Received-Bytes: 1663
 by: gbbgu - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 06:56 UTC

On 7 Aug 2023, Keith J Davies wrote:
>
> They are practicing to _master_ the 'not a good luck' thing.
>
> The OGL debacle, sending Pinkertons to fix a shipping mistake, taking Elmore's
> name off the art done for the movie, and just this week, using art that
> included AI-generated elements.
>
> I guess setting puppies on fire is next.

The AI art to me is really disapointing. I understand that a single author who
was creating a pasion project and had limited funds to pay for an artist might
use AI art, but for the (ahem) "worlds greatest roleplaying game" to do it is
a bit rich.

--
gbbgu

Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.

<09d26ecc-8d48-4ea8-ba6e-e93a3ba97861n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#24

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
X-Received: by 2002:a37:2c81:0:b0:75b:2820:8baf with SMTP id s123-20020a372c81000000b0075b28208bafmr3381qkh.10.1691617435242;
Wed, 09 Aug 2023 14:43:55 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6a00:2d1b:b0:682:cd09:3472 with SMTP id
fa27-20020a056a002d1b00b00682cd093472mr190675pfb.5.1691617434690; Wed, 09 Aug
2023 14:43:54 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 14:43:54 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <ee53335c-e5bb-4dfe-a885-e965f2fc32c6n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.255.122.136; posting-account=pMQ1_AoAAAAnPWeFKkJSWouWHRfaI1a4
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.255.122.136
References: <40409b9b-f6b3-478d-ac31-84ed8eb3354cn@googlegroups.com> <ee53335c-e5bb-4dfe-a885-e965f2fc32c6n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <09d26ecc-8d48-4ea8-ba6e-e93a3ba97861n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
Injection-Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 21:43:55 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 3136
 by: Justisaur - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 21:43 UTC

On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 7:10:56 PM UTC-7, Keith J Davies wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 10:47:13 AM UTC-7, Justisaur wrote:
> > https://gizmodo.com/magic-march-of-the-machine-aftermath-leak-pinkertons-1850369015
> >
> > MtG not D&D but same company.
> >
> > I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but it's not a good look.
> >
> > - Justisaur
> They are practicing to _master_ the 'not a good luck' thing.
>
> The OGL debacle, sending Pinkertons to fix a shipping mistake, taking Elmore's name off the art done for the movie, and just this week, using art that included AI-generated elements.

I wasn't aware of either of the last two.

Jeff Eisley not Elmore apparently, and it was a promotional poster,
still bad juju, more corporate fuck the artist.

Looking up the AI art, one of the artists used AI for 'polish'. "A
source at Wizards of the Coast has said that Shkipin’s use of AI
was not something that the team was aware of...Wizards has said
that they will update their guidelines to more explicitly prevent
these sorts of incidents from happening in the future." I still have
to put some blame of them for using someone known to use AI
and involved with NFTs though.

There's also some flack from both their Bank (Bank of America)
and players for "overmonitization" of MtG.

> I guess setting puppies on fire is next.

Hellhounds are a good lower level enemy. ;)

At least the D&D movie was good, and it sounds like BG 3 is good,
but I don't know how much that is attributed to them more than
getting lucky with who they farmed it out to.

I just wish I could get people to play some classic D&D with as I'm
just done with 5e.

- Justisaur

Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.

<4aae7db2-d0c9-4ad6-af47-35ffa9e30d77n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#29

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
X-Received: by 2002:a05:622a:309:b0:403:ae76:1697 with SMTP id q9-20020a05622a030900b00403ae761697mr8867qtw.1.1692422895325;
Fri, 18 Aug 2023 22:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a17:902:fb03:b0:1bc:2547:b17c with SMTP id
le3-20020a170902fb0300b001bc2547b17cmr459593plb.1.1692422894816; Fri, 18 Aug
2023 22:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 22:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <09d26ecc-8d48-4ea8-ba6e-e93a3ba97861n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=209.95.53.225; posting-account=7byWAAoAAADFUxvfdKntaIXOJ24nLXNu
NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.95.53.225
References: <40409b9b-f6b3-478d-ac31-84ed8eb3354cn@googlegroups.com>
<ee53335c-e5bb-4dfe-a885-e965f2fc32c6n@googlegroups.com> <09d26ecc-8d48-4ea8-ba6e-e93a3ba97861n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <4aae7db2-d0c9-4ad6-af47-35ffa9e30d77n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.
From: keith.da...@gmail.com (Keith J Davies)
Injection-Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 05:28:15 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 38
 by: Keith J Davies - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 05:28 UTC

On Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 2:43:56 PM UTC-7, Justisaur wrote:
> On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 7:10:56 PM UTC-7, Keith J Davies wrote:
> > On Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 10:47:13 AM UTC-7, Justisaur wrote:
> > > https://gizmodo.com/magic-march-of-the-machine-aftermath-leak-pinkertons-1850369015
> > >
> > > MtG not D&D but same company.
> > >
> > > I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but it's not a good look.
> > >
> > > - Justisaur
> > They are practicing to _master_ the 'not a good luck' thing.
> >
> > The OGL debacle, sending Pinkertons to fix a shipping mistake, taking Elmore's name off the art done for the movie, and just this week, using art that included AI-generated elements.
> I wasn't aware of either of the last two.
>
> Jeff Eisley not Elmore apparently, and it was a promotional poster,
> still bad juju, more corporate fuck the artist.

bugger. It was Easley. my bad.

I've got Elmore on socials, and had been looking at BECMI stuff.

> At least the D&D movie was good, and it sounds like BG 3 is good,
> but I don't know how much that is attributed to them more than
> getting lucky with who they farmed it out to.

Got lucky.
> I just wish I could get people to play some classic D&D with as I'm
> just done with 5e.

I've tried it. Wasn't for me.

I do admit I like some of the third-party stuff, but the WotC content is bland as stale water.


interests / rec.games.frp.dnd / Re: WotC Hires Pinkerton to 'recover' leaked magic cards.

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor