Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: Y'all gotta find some better spaghetti
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 02:10:07 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 06:10 UTC

Donald Trump posted a $175 million bond on Monday in his New York
State civil trial. The news comes just one week after an appeals court
ruled that the former president would not have to immediately post a
bond for more than $454 million in the civil fraud case against him
and his company. According to the ruling, Trump could delay payment of
the full bond while he appeals the ruling as long as he posted a $175
million bond within 10 days.
The fact that Trump has come up with the money means that he’ll be
able to protect his assets from New York’s attorney general Letitia
James, who had warned that she would start seizing properties as early
as late March.

In February, Judge Arthur Engoron had ruled that Trump had
fraudulently misstated the value of his and his company’s assets on
financial statements and ordered him to pay $354.9 million as part of
the civil fraud case plus a nine percent interest rate that Engoron
ruled started accruing on the fines in March 2019.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zacheverson/2024/04/01/trump-posts-175-million-bond-new-york-civil-fraud-lawsuit/?sh=1c7f7b3e686d

--
bill