From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Mysterious object that penetrated roof identified
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:06:11 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 01:06 UTC

Earlier this week, a man in Kitchener, Ontario was brushing his teeth
when a largish metallic object weighing about 25 pounds came flying
through his roof and landed very close to him. Initially, he thought
the object might have fallen off an airplane since he lives near the
regional airport but the actual origins of the object have now been
determined:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/solving-the-mystery-of-metal-object-that-hit-kitchener-ont-home-1.6843583

It's not clear if the insurance company is going to accept the claim
for the damage to the home-owner's roof. There's nothing in this
article that suggests the company operating the tree-cutting machine
will face legal consequences for this mishap. It looks as if it is
being treated as "just one of those things"....

I have to admit that I was surprised that the homeowner could imagine
that this artifact could have been an asteroid; he's apparently never
seen a picture of an asteroid.
--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Mysterious object that penetrated roof identified

<1089417620.734591343.968807.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222037&group=rec.arts.tv#222037

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 22:10:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 05:10 UTC

> Earlier this week, a man in Kitchener, Ontario was brushing his teeth
> when a largish metallic object weighing about 25 pounds came flying
> through his roof and landed very close to him. Initially, he thought
> the object might have fallen off an airplane since he lives near the
> regional airport but the actual origins of the object have now been
> determined:
>
> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/solving-the-mystery-of-metal-object-that-hit-kitchener-ont-home-1.6843583
>
> It's not clear if the insurance company is going to accept the claim
> for the damage to the home-owner's roof. There's nothing in this
> article that suggests the company operating the tree-cutting machine
> will face legal consequences for this mishap. It looks as if it is
> being treated as "just one of those things"....
>
> I have to admit that I was surprised that the homeowner could imagine
> that this artifact could have been an asteroid; he's apparently never
> seen a picture of an asteroid.

Jeez

Re: [OT] Mysterious object that penetrated roof identified

<20240412225428.00000b2c@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222126&group=rec.arts.tv#222126

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 22:54:28 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 02:54 UTC

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 22:10:32 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> > Earlier this week, a man in Kitchener, Ontario was brushing his
> > teeth when a largish metallic object weighing about 25 pounds came
> > flying through his roof and landed very close to him. Initially, he
> > thought the object might have fallen off an airplane since he lives
> > near the regional airport but the actual origins of the object have
> > now been determined:
> >
> > https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/solving-the-mystery-of-metal-object-that-hit-kitchener-ont-home-1.6843583
> >
> > It's not clear if the insurance company is going to accept the claim
> > for the damage to the home-owner's roof. There's nothing in this
> > article that suggests the company operating the tree-cutting machine
> > will face legal consequences for this mishap. It looks as if it is
> > being treated as "just one of those things"....
> >
> > I have to admit that I was surprised that the homeowner could
> > imagine that this artifact could have been an asteroid; he's
> > apparently never seen a picture of an asteroid.
>
> Jeez

There's actually a followup article to this story today showing a
machine like the one that spit its broken tooth at the man's house.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/tree-clearing-company-calls-equipment-dangerous-after-metal-object-hit-kitchener-home-1.6845432

The good news is that the contractor has apologized in person and
promised to take care of the repairs to the man's roof and drywall.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Mysterious object that penetrated roof identified

<1504237247.734670739.212046.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222130&group=rec.arts.tv#222130

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:24:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 03:24 UTC

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 22:10:32 -0700
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>> Earlier this week, a man in Kitchener, Ontario was brushing his
>>> teeth when a largish metallic object weighing about 25 pounds came
>>> flying through his roof and landed very close to him. Initially, he
>>> thought the object might have fallen off an airplane since he lives
>>> near the regional airport but the actual origins of the object have
>>> now been determined:
>>>
>>> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/solving-the-mystery-of-metal-object-that-hit-kitchener-ont-home-1.6843583
>>>
>>> It's not clear if the insurance company is going to accept the claim
>>> for the damage to the home-owner's roof. There's nothing in this
>>> article that suggests the company operating the tree-cutting machine
>>> will face legal consequences for this mishap. It looks as if it is
>>> being treated as "just one of those things"....
>>>
>>> I have to admit that I was surprised that the homeowner could
>>> imagine that this artifact could have been an asteroid; he's
>>> apparently never seen a picture of an asteroid.
>>
>> Jeez
>>
> There's actually a followup article to this story today showing a
> machine like the one that spit its broken tooth at the man's house.
>
> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/tree-clearing-company-calls-equipment-dangerous-after-metal-object-hit-kitchener-home-1.6845432
>
> The good news is that the contractor has apologized in person and
> promised to take care of the repairs to the man's roof and drywall.

Aha. It’s a strep on that came loose. That makes a lot more sense. But that
thing spins at 3000 RPM?