Who does not trust enough will not be trusted. -- Lao Tsu

interests / rec.food.cooking / Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

SubjectAuthor
* Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftoversjmcquown
`* Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversGary
 +* Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftoversjmcquown
 |+- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftoversbruce bowser
 |+- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversHank Rogers
 |+- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversGary
 |`* Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversGary
 | +* Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftoversjmcquown
 | |`- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftoversjmcquown
 | +* Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftoversjmcquown
 | |+* Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversDave Smith
 | ||`* Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftoversjmcquown
 | || `- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversDave Smith
 | |+- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversBruce
 | |`- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversGary
 | `- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversWarrantsFramed@MarthaStewart.GoodThing
 +- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversBruce
 `- Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving LeftoversMichael Trew

1
Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgj24d$2a34f$13@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222159&group=rec.food.cooking#222159

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 21:28:38 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 01:28 UTC

Oh...there was an article published in the Wall Street Journal back in
2001. A writer from the WSB had a food and wine section called me out
of the blue and I was interviewed for what I planned to do with
Thanksgiving leftovers.

"The turkey entrée is garnished with rosemary sprigs and accompanied by
a warm spinach salad. There's also a squash- and-cornbread-stuffing
casserole with parmesan, a toasted baguette with balsamic vinegar for
dipping and a crisp Pinot Grigio. For dessert, there's peach cobbler
with vanilla ice cream.

It sounds like an elaborate Thanksgiving dinner -- but it's what's on
the menu tonight at Jill McQuown's house. She'll serve the meal, made
with last night's leftovers, on her grandmother's gold-rimmed peacock
Victorian china. The feast will be an intimate affair, shared only with
her boyfriend, says the 44-year-old software analyst from Memphis, Tenn.
"Tonight will be fancy," she says."

I do recall saying the leftovers would be "fancy" because I made
individual casseroles, similar to turkey cottage pie and and yes, some
springs of rosemary. There was squash casserole. No peach cobbler or
ice cream. That came out of the writers' imagination for what people in
the South have for Thanksgiving. Surprising no mention of pumpkin or
pecan pie.

Jill

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgkkvj$2iovp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222276&group=rec.food.cooking#222276

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:56:36 -0400
 by: Gary - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:56 UTC

On 9/22/2022 9:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Oh...there was an article published in the Wall Street Journal back in
> 2001.  A writer from the WSB had a food and wine section called me out
> of the blue and I was interviewed for what I planned to do with
> Thanksgiving leftovers.

The Wall Street Journal called you "out of the blue" for an interview
for leftover Thanksgiving dinner plans? lol
Try again. Large hole (missing info) in this story.

Same with your story about the "American Heart Association" asking you
for recipes. Did they call you "out of the blue" too?

See there Michael? I know her history. (23+ years now)
You hadn't even started elementary school then.

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgkoo8$2h7e6$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222288&group=rec.food.cooking#222288

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:00:48 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 17:00 UTC

On 9/23/2022 11:56 AM, Gary wrote:
> On 9/22/2022 9:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Oh...there was an article published in the Wall Street Journal back in
>> 2001.  A writer from the WSB had a food and wine section called me out
>> of the blue and I was interviewed for what I planned to do with
>> Thanksgiving leftovers.
>
> The Wall Street Journal called you "out of the blue" for an interview
> for leftover Thanksgiving dinner plans? lol
> Try again.  Large hole (missing info) in this story.

No "hole". They did call me out of the blue. Even back then there was
such a thing as Google and the author of the article saw I was posting
about Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey cottage pie) and yes, she called me.

> Same with your story about the "American Heart Association" asking you
> for recipes. Did they call you "out of the blue" too?

INCORRECT (as usual). The AHA didn't *ask me* for recipes. I was given
some free AHA cookbooks from a book distributor in Collierville TN and
was asked to try some recipes from the AHA cookbooks and report back to
the AHA. They were looking for honest critiques.

> See there Michael?  I know her history. (23+ years now)

Gary, you don't know nearly as much about me as you think you do.

Jill

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<077a679f-c006-4750-bdff-f1c6da38736an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222304&group=rec.food.cooking#222304

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:30 UTC

On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 1:01:02 PM UTC-4, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> On 9/23/2022 11:56 AM, Gary wrote:
> > On 9/22/2022 9:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> >> Oh...there was an article published in the Wall Street Journal back in
> >> 2001. A writer from the WSB had a food and wine section called me out
> >> of the blue and I was interviewed for what I planned to do with
> >> Thanksgiving leftovers.
> >
> > The Wall Street Journal called you "out of the blue" for an interview
> > for leftover Thanksgiving dinner plans? lol
> > Try again. Large hole (missing info) in this story.
> >
> No "hole". They did call me out of the blue. Even back then there was
> such a thing as Google and the author of the article saw I was posting
> about Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey cottage pie) and yes, she called me.
> > Same with your story about the "American Heart Association" asking you
> > for recipes. Did they call you "out of the blue" too?
> >
> INCORRECT (as usual). The AHA didn't *ask me* for recipes. I was given
> some free AHA cookbooks from a book distributor in Collierville TN and
> was asked to try some recipes from the AHA cookbooks and report back to
> the AHA. They were looking for honest critiques.
> > See there Michael? I know her history. (23+ years now)
>
> Gary, you don't know nearly as much about me as you think you do.

And its smart to keep your secrets AWAY from all men, in general. Just like many men do with women. Good practice.

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<jp6fksFh7g1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222319&group=rec.food.cooking#222319

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 05:27:23 +1000
 by: Bruce - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:27 UTC

On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:56:36 -0400, Gary <g.majors@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/22/2022 9:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Oh...there was an article published in the Wall Street Journal back in
>> 2001.  A writer from the WSB had a food and wine section called me out
>> of the blue and I was interviewed for what I planned to do with
>> Thanksgiving leftovers.
>
>The Wall Street Journal called you "out of the blue" for an interview
>for leftover Thanksgiving dinner plans? lol
>Try again. Large hole (missing info) in this story.

LOL

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<n%sXK.508465$iiS8.72183@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222374&group=rec.food.cooking#222374

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:24:40 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 01:24 UTC

On 9/23/2022 11:56, Gary wrote:

> See there Michael? I know her history. (23+ years now)
> You hadn't even started elementary school then.

Uh-uh... Michael isn't getting involved in this.

Although, I'd like to point out that 23 years ago (1999), I was in
pre-school, if that counts. I have a couple of Christmas ornaments
which I made, dated "1999" from Mrs. Wychoff's class that I still hang
on the tree every year, for proof :)

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<WbvXK.177100$elEa.131882@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222425&group=rec.food.cooking#222425

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:54:28 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 03:54 UTC

jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/23/2022 11:56 AM, Gary wrote:
>> On 9/22/2022 9:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> Oh...there was an article published in the Wall Street Journal
>>> back in 2001.  A writer from the WSB had a food and wine
>>> section called me out of the blue and I was interviewed for what
>>> I planned to do with Thanksgiving leftovers.
>>
>> The Wall Street Journal called you "out of the blue" for an
>> interview for leftover Thanksgiving dinner plans? lol
>> Try again.  Large hole (missing info) in this story.
>>
> No "hole".  They did call me out of the blue.  Even back then there
> was such a thing as Google and the author of the article saw I was
> posting about Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey cottage pie) and yes,
> she called me.
>
>> Same with your story about the "American Heart Association"
>> asking you for recipes. Did they call you "out of the blue" too?
>>
> INCORRECT (as usual).  The AHA didn't *ask me* for recipes.  I was
> given some free AHA cookbooks from a book distributor in
> Collierville TN and was asked to try some recipes from the AHA
> cookbooks and report back to the AHA.  They were looking for honest
> critiques.
>
>> See there Michael?  I know her history. (23+ years now)
>
> Gary, you don't know nearly as much about me as you think you do.
>
> Jill

Sounds like a job for Popeye!

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgmnmm$2v5d9$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222462&group=rec.food.cooking#222462

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 06:55:19 -0400
 by: Gary - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:55 UTC

On 9/23/2022 1:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/23/2022 11:56 AM, Gary wrote:
>> On 9/22/2022 9:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> Oh...there was an article published in the Wall Street Journal back
>>> in 2001.  A writer from the WSB had a food and wine section called me
>>> out of the blue and I was interviewed for what I planned to do with
>>> Thanksgiving leftovers.
>>
>> The Wall Street Journal called you "out of the blue" for an interview
>> for leftover Thanksgiving dinner plans? lol
>> Try again.  Large hole (missing info) in this story.
>>
> No "hole".  They did call me out of the blue.  Even back then there was
> such a thing as Google and the author of the article saw I was posting
> about Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey cottage pie) and yes, she called me.
>
>> Same with your story about the "American Heart Association" asking you
>> for recipes. Did they call you "out of the blue" too?
>>
> INCORRECT (as usual).  The AHA didn't *ask me* for recipes.  I was given
> some free AHA cookbooks from a book distributor in Collierville TN and
> was asked to try some recipes from the AHA cookbooks and report back to
> the AHA.  They were looking for honest critiques.
>
>> See there Michael?  I know her history. (23+ years now)
>
> Gary, you don't know nearly as much about me as you think you do.
>
> Jill

Very true. :) I only know the "tip of the iceberg."

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgmnmu$2v5d9$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222463&group=rec.food.cooking#222463

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 06:55:28 -0400
 by: Gary - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:55 UTC

On 9/23/2022 1:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/23/2022 11:56 AM, Gary wrote:
>>> Oh...there was an article published in the Wall Street Journal back
>>> in 2001.  A writer from the WSB had a food and wine section called me
>>> out of the blue and I was interviewed for what I planned to do with
>>> Thanksgiving leftovers.
>>
>> The Wall Street Journal called you "out of the blue" for an interview
>> for leftover Thanksgiving dinner plans? lol
>> Try again.  Large hole (missing info) in this story.
>>
> No "hole".  They did call me out of the blue.  Even back then there was
> such a thing as Google and the author of the article saw I was posting
> about Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey cottage pie) and yes, she called me

Oh all right. So you made turkey cottage pie. (That sounds good)

So why did you tell her:
"The turkey entrée is garnished with rosemary sprigs and accompanied by
a warm spinach salad. There's also a squash- and-cornbread-stuffing
casserole with parmesan, a toasted baguette with balsamic vinegar for
dipping and a crisp Pinot Grigio. For dessert, there's peach cobbler
with vanilla ice cream.

It sounds like an elaborate Thanksgiving dinner -- but it's what's on
the menu tonight at Jill McQuown's house. She'll serve the meal, made
with last night's leftovers, on her grandmother's gold-rimmed peacock
Victorian china. The feast will be an intimate affair, shared only with
her boyfriend, says the 44-year-old software analyst from Memphis, Tenn.
"Tonight will be fancy," she says.

I also noticed that the article was published in 2004, not 2001 as you
stated. Do you wonder why I question you?

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgn2al$301jf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222485&group=rec.food.cooking#222485

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 09:56:29 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 13:56 UTC

On 9/24/2022 6:55 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> The Wall Street Journal called you "out of the blue" for an interview
>>> for leftover Thanksgiving dinner plans? lol
>>> Try again.  Large hole (missing info) in this story.
>>>
>> No "hole".  They did call me out of the blue.  Even back then there
>> was such a thing as Google and the author of the article saw I was
>> posting about Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey cottage pie) and yes, she
>> called me
>
> Oh all right. So you made turkey cottage pie. (That sounds good)
>
> So why did you tell her:
> "The turkey entrée is garnished with rosemary sprigs and accompanied by
> a warm spinach salad. There's also a squash- and-cornbread-stuffing
> casserole with parmesan, a toasted baguette with balsamic vinegar for
> dipping and a crisp Pinot Grigio. For dessert, there's peach cobbler
> with vanilla ice cream.
>
> It sounds like an elaborate Thanksgiving dinner -- but it's what's on
> the menu tonight at Jill McQuown's house. She'll serve the meal, made
> with last night's leftovers, on her grandmother's gold-rimmed peacock
> Victorian china. The feast will be an intimate affair, shared only with
> her boyfriend, says the 44-year-old software analyst from Memphis, Tenn.
> "Tonight will be fancy," she says.
>
> I also noticed that the article was published in 2004, not 2001 as you
> stated. Do you wonder why I question you?

I cannot explain the date but perhaps it was a re-print for that online
version. I did indeed make squash casserole (I've posted that recipe
here, too). I have no idea where she got the peach cobbler and ice
cream thing.

Jill

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgn2dk$301jf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222486&group=rec.food.cooking#222486

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 09:58:05 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 13:58 UTC

On 9/24/2022 6:55 AM, Gary wrote:
> Do you wonder why I question you?

I wonder why the hell you obsess over the minute details of my life.
It's pretty damn creepy.

Jill

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<dcEXK.451985$6Il8.318673@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222489&group=rec.food.cooking#222489

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:09:12 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:09 UTC

On 2022-09-24 9:58 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/24/2022 6:55 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Do you wonder why I question you?
>

> I wonder why the hell you obsess over the minute details of my life.
> It's pretty damn creepy.

Test assured that I do not obsess over the minute details of your life
Jill. I have a life. ;-)

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<04FXK.148435$w35c.99888@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222504&group=rec.food.cooking#222504

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 11:08:36 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:08 UTC

On 9/24/2022 10:09 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2022-09-24 9:58 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 9/24/2022 6:55 AM, Gary wrote:
>>> Do you wonder why I question you?
>>

>> I wonder why the hell you obsess over the minute details of my life.
>> It's pretty damn creepy.
>>

> Test assured that I do not obsess over the minute details of your life
> Jill. I have a life.    ;-)

Well hell, Dave, I'm disappointed! ;) Gary has mentioned in the past he
has a "file" on me (and who knows who else). That's just plain weird.

OB Food: I'm thinking salmon patties with roasted corn salsa.

Jill

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<a849b104-044d-4060-913c-b131d371ae6cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222505&group=rec.food.cooking#222505

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 08:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (WarrantsFramed@MarthaStewart.GoodThing)
 by: WarrantsFramed@Marth - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:31 UTC

On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 9:38:49 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 5:55:32 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> > > No "hole". They did call me out of the blue. Even back then there was
> > > such a thing as Google and the author of the article saw I was posting
> > > about Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey cottage pie) and yes, she called me
> > Oh all right. So you made turkey cottage pie. (That sounds good)
> >
> > So why did you tell her:
> > "The turkey entrée is garnished with rosemary sprigs and accompanied by
> > a warm spinach salad. There's also a squash- and-cornbread-stuffing
> > casserole with parmesan, a toasted baguette with balsamic vinegar for
> > dipping and a crisp Pinot Grigio. For dessert, there's peach cobbler
> > with vanilla ice cream.
> >
> > It sounds like an elaborate Thanksgiving dinner -- but it's what's on
> > the menu tonight at Jill McQuown's house. She'll serve the meal, made
> > with last night's leftovers, on her grandmother's gold-rimmed peacock
> > Victorian china. The feast will be an intimate affair, shared only with
> > her boyfriend, says the 44-year-old software analyst from Memphis, Tenn..
> > "Tonight will be fancy," she says.
> >
> > I also noticed that the article was published in 2004, not 2001 as you
> > stated. Do you wonder why I question you?
> Jill should be grateful that I subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, thus having access to their archives...
>
> 😎
>
> --
> GM

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<mrGXK.451988$6Il8.348219@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222522&group=rec.food.cooking#222522

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 12:41:53 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 16:41 UTC

On 2022-09-24 11:08 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/24/2022 10:09 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>

>>> I wonder why the hell you obsess over the minute details of my life.
>>> It's pretty damn creepy.
>>>

>> Test assured that I do not obsess over the minute details of your life
>> Jill. I have a life.    ;-)
>>

> Well hell, Dave, I'm disappointed! ;)  Gary has mentioned in the past he
> has a "file" on me (and who knows who else).  That's just plain weird.

That's not just weird. It is downright creepy. It is the behaviour of a
stalker.

> OB Food: I'm thinking salmon patties with roasted corn salsa.

We are going out for dinner tonight. It was our son's birthday yesterday
but he was working. He is working today too but will be done by 6:30 so
we will go home and change and we will meet him at a German restaurant a
couple blocks from his house. It looks like Schnitzle and spaetzle for
supper for me.

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<jp94euFto4kU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222544&group=rec.food.cooking#222544

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 05:34:52 +1000
 by: Bruce - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 19:34 UTC

On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:34:42 -0700 (PDT), GM
<gregorymorrowchicago07@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 8:58:18 AM UTC-5, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
>> On 9/24/2022 6:55 AM, Gary wrote:
>> > Do you wonder why I question you?
>> I wonder why the hell you obsess over the minute details of my life.
>> It's pretty damn creepy.
>>
>> Jill
>

>LOLZ!
>
>Which you'd *never* do with, say, John Kuthe - *right*...???

Bingo, bull's eye, touché!

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgpg11$32nar$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222694&group=rec.food.cooking#222694

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 08:02:31 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 12:02 UTC

On 9/24/2022 9:56 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/24/2022 6:55 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> No "hole".  They did call me out of the blue.  Even back then there
>>> was such a thing as Google and the author of the article saw I was
>>> posting about Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey cottage pie) and yes,
>>> she called me
>>
>> Oh all right. So you made turkey cottage pie. (That sounds good)
>>
>> So why did you tell her:
>> "The turkey entrée is garnished with rosemary sprigs and accompanied
>> by a warm spinach salad. There's also a squash- and-cornbread-stuffing
>> casserole with parmesan, a toasted baguette with balsamic vinegar for
>> dipping and a crisp Pinot Grigio. For dessert, there's peach cobbler
>> with vanilla ice cream.
>>
>> It sounds like an elaborate Thanksgiving dinner -- but it's what's on
>> the menu tonight at Jill McQuown's house. She'll serve the meal, made
>> with last night's leftovers, on her grandmother's gold-rimmed peacock
>> Victorian china. The feast will be an intimate affair, shared only
>> with her boyfriend, says the 44-year-old software analyst from
>> Memphis, Tenn. "Tonight will be fancy," she says.
>>
>> I also noticed that the article was published in 2004, not 2001 as you
>> stated. Do you wonder why I question you?
>>

> I cannot explain the date but perhaps it was a re-print for that online
> version.  I did indeed make squash casserole (I've posted that recipe
> here, too).  I have no idea where she got the peach cobbler and ice
> cream thing.
>
> Jill

Correction (just so you won't fret, Gary). If I was 44 then that
interview was indeed in 2004, not that it should matter one way or the
other. BTW, I was not the only person the author contacted although I
can't lay my hands on the entire article.

Jill

Re: Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers

<tgsfve$3oubm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222955&group=rec.food.cooking#222955

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 11:20:14 -0400
 by: Gary - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 15:20 UTC

On 9/24/2022 9:58 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/24/2022 6:55 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Do you wonder why I question you?
>

> I wonder why the hell you obsess over the minute details of my life.
> It's pretty damn creepy.

I don't obsess over the details of your life, silly.
I only comment when you say one thing, forget what you said, then later
tell another version. You do that.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Let's Find Out about Thanksgiving Leftovers