A commune is where people join together to share their lack of wealth. -- R. Stallman

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

SubjectAuthor
* The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of GBTR1701
+* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made shawn
|+- Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made Rhino
|`* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made BTR1701
| `* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made shawn
|  `- Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made anim8rfsk
+* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made Rhino
|`* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made moviePig
| `* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made Rhino
|  `- Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made moviePig
+- Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made FPP
+* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made Ubiquitous
|`* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made The Horny Goat
| +- Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made Ubiquitous
| `- Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made Adam H. Kerman
`* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made super70s
 `* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made BTR1701
  `* Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made FPP
   `- Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made trotsky

1
The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<Za2dnTGvBo_FFYj7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221709&group=rec.arts.tv#221709

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:26:32 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:26 UTC

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):

The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it, unlike
the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/IqS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14

--------------------------
This is a senior member of Congress. Houston sure is being well represented,
isn't it? It's a wonder this woman's brain even has the power to keep her
breathing.

Keep in mind that this Mensa genius is also famous for asking the NASA
director why he didn't land the Mars rover closer to where the astronauts
landed in the 60s so we could see the relics of the original space program.

She also notably claimed that "The United States has been operating under the
Constitution for the last 400 years."

She's also the one who claimed it was racist that there were no hurricanes
with "black-sounding names". I guess she wanted a Hurricane Tyrone or a
Hurricane LaQueesha. Of course if NOAA *had* been giving hurricanes
black-sounding names all along, Jackson-Lee would complain that's also racist,
to name storms that wreak mass destruction after black people.

And 'memba when she was talking about gun control and downloaded this amazing
turd into the bowl:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1176132471324368896/pu/vid/480x270/HQzsTZvTg8uMq02y.mp4?tag=10

Apparently I'm a lot stronger than I thought because my AR weighs as much as
ten moving boxes and yet I can easily carry it in one hand.

Oh, and I've apparently been using the wrong ammo. I should really stop using
the .223 rounds that seem to have worked fine all this time and start using
the .50-cal rounds that Sheila says my rifle naturally uses. It'll be a
challenge, though, since jamming a .50-cal cartridge into the rifle will be
like trying shove a tennis ball through a garden hose.

And any time you point out her calamitous stupidity, Jackson-Lee claims it's
just a racist attempt to make a proud and successful black woman look stupid.

No, Sheila, you do a fine job of making yourself look stupid without any help
from racists or anyone else.

The woman has an IQ of a turnip but she keeps getting re-elected because her
district was gerrymandered by Democrats to ensure no one of a lighter
skin-tone ever has a chance of winning.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<rp8b1j1r27dl52e68aiu8gktarlme0lgfq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221720&group=rec.arts.tv#221720

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 16:24:54 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 20:24 UTC

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:26:32 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
>Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
>
>The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it, unlike
>the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
>

>https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/IqS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14
>
>--------------------------
>This is a senior member of Congress. Houston sure is being well represented,
>isn't it? It's a wonder this woman's brain even has the power to keep her
>breathing.

I don't know where she would even have gotten the idea that the moon
is made mostly of gases. Maybe it's mostly helium which is why it
keeps floating above the Earth like a kid's balloon.

>Keep in mind that this Mensa genius is also famous for asking the NASA
>director why he didn't land the Mars rover closer to where the astronauts
>landed in the 60s so we could see the relics of the original space program.
>
>She also notably claimed that "The United States has been operating under the
>Constitution for the last 400 years."

She at least got it sort of close.

>She's also the one who claimed it was racist that there were no hurricanes
>with "black-sounding names". I guess she wanted a Hurricane Tyrone or a
>Hurricane LaQueesha. Of course if NOAA *had* been giving hurricanes
>black-sounding names all along, Jackson-Lee would complain that's also racist,
>to name storms that wreak mass destruction after black people.

Yeah, that's a no win situation for NOAA. Actually it's a win for NOAA
to just ignore her as I doubt anyone is paying attention to her.
I often wonder how people like that get elected to Congress. It
happens with all parties so it isn't a political affiliation that gets
them elected. At least with Marjorie Taylor Green I think she knows
some of the things she is saying are BS but they will get her lots of
air time.
>And 'memba when she was talking about gun control and downloaded this amazing
>turd into the bowl:
>

>https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1176132471324368896/pu/vid/480x270/HQzsTZvTg8uMq02y.mp4?tag=10
>
>Apparently I'm a lot stronger than I thought because my AR weighs as much as
>ten moving boxes and yet I can easily carry it in one hand.
>
>Oh, and I've apparently been using the wrong ammo. I should really stop using
>the .223 rounds that seem to have worked fine all this time and start using
>the .50-cal rounds that Sheila says my rifle naturally uses. It'll be a
>challenge, though, since jamming a .50-cal cartridge into the rifle will be
>like trying shove a tennis ball through a garden hose.
>
>And any time you point out her calamitous stupidity, Jackson-Lee claims it's
>just a racist attempt to make a proud and successful black woman look stupid.
>
>No, Sheila, you do a fine job of making yourself look stupid without any help
>from racists or anyone else.
>
>The woman has an IQ of a turnip but she keeps getting re-elected because her
>district was gerrymandered by Democrats to ensure no one of a lighter
>skin-tone ever has a chance of winning.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<20240409163336.00007e1b@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221721&group=rec.arts.tv#221721

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The
Moon is Made of Gases"
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:33:36 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 20:33 UTC

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:26:32 +0000
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron,
> Congresswoman Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
>
> The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it,
> unlike the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
>

> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/IqS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14

Apparently, her ignorance of astronomy is as profound as her ignorance
of pretty much everything else. She reminds me of the meme of AOC
wanting to send a NASA mission to the sun but to avoid getting burned
up by going at night.

If Jackson-Lee could actually read, I'd be inclined to send her
something basic like the Wikipedia article on the moon. (Hmm, maybe one
of her staff could read it to her?) She would be surprised to learn
that the moon has huge temperature extremes making it very difficult to
live there. She'd be even more astonished to learn that, despite all
these gases she imagines, that the moon has no atmosphere of any kind,
which tends to make breathing difficult.

> --------------------------
> This is a senior member of Congress. Houston sure is being well
> represented, isn't it? It's a wonder this woman's brain even has the
> power to keep her breathing.

She's one of those people that I label as having an IQ equal to their
shoe size, along with the cabinet of the federal Liberal government in
this country.

> Keep in mind that this Mensa genius is also famous for asking the NASA
> director why he didn't land the Mars rover closer to where the
> astronauts landed in the 60s so we could see the relics of the
> original space program.

Hey, the Moon is a planet(oid) and Mars is a planet and they both start
with "M". Obviously, they are one and the same thing!

> She also notably claimed that "The United States has been operating
> under the Constitution for the last 400 years."

Clearly, she's talking about the Constitution the Pilgrims brought with
them.

> She's also the one who claimed it was racist that there were no
> hurricanes with "black-sounding names". I guess she wanted a
> Hurricane Tyrone or a Hurricane LaQueesha. Of course if NOAA *had*
> been giving hurricanes black-sounding names all along, Jackson-Lee
> would complain that's also racist, to name storms that wreak mass
> destruction after black people.

Guaranteed!
> And 'memba when she was talking about gun control and downloaded this
> amazing turd into the bowl:
>

> https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1176132471324368896/pu/vid/480x270/HQzsTZvTg8uMq02y.mp4?tag=10

She's apparently heard some of these terms but hasn't connected them to
to real devices. I suspect someone showed her the standard Army
machine gun, which I believe is a .50 cal weapon, and somehow she
concluded that this was an AR rifle. (If I'm not mistaken, the .50 cal
machine guns usually have two man crews because carrying the weapon,
its base, and its ammo is too much for one man alone to handle.) Maybe
someone told her it was an AR, perhaps to see if she would echo this
later, or maybe she concocted this idea in her own microscopic brain.

> Apparently I'm a lot stronger than I thought because my AR weighs as
> much as ten moving boxes and yet I can easily carry it in one hand.
>
> Oh, and I've apparently been using the wrong ammo. I should really
> stop using the .223 rounds that seem to have worked fine all this
> time and start using the .50-cal rounds that Sheila says my rifle
> naturally uses. It'll be a challenge, though, since jamming a .50-cal
> cartridge into the rifle will be like trying shove a tennis ball
> through a garden hose.
>
> And any time you point out her calamitous stupidity, Jackson-Lee
> claims it's just a racist attempt to make a proud and successful
> black woman look stupid.
>
> No, Sheila, you do a fine job of making yourself look stupid without
> any help from racists or anyone else.

That's for sure!

> The woman has an IQ of a turnip but she keeps getting re-elected
> because her district was gerrymandered by Democrats to ensure no one
> of a lighter skin-tone ever has a chance of winning.

I'm amazed that her constituents don't vote her out due to overwhelming
embarrassment that she is their representative. There must be any
number of smarter blacks that would inevitably do a better job than her.

--
Rhino

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<20240409163701.000042b3@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221722&group=rec.arts.tv#221722

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Moon is Made of Gases"
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:37:01 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 20:37 UTC

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 16:24:54 -0400

> [...]
> >
> >Oh, and I've apparently been using the wrong ammo. I should really
> >stop using the .223 rounds that seem to have worked fine all this
> >time and start using the .50-cal rounds that Sheila says my rifle
> >naturally uses. It'll be a challenge, though, since jamming a
> >.50-cal cartridge into the rifle will be like trying shove a tennis
> >ball through a garden hose.
> >
> >And any time you point out her calamitous stupidity, Jackson-Lee
> >claims it's just a racist attempt to make a proud and successful
> >black woman look stupid.
> >
> >No, Sheila, you do a fine job of making yourself look stupid without
> >any help from racists or anyone else.
> >
> >The woman has an IQ of a turnip but she keeps getting re-elected
> >because her district was gerrymandered by Democrats to ensure no one
> >of a lighter skin-tone ever has a chance of winning.

Is that other rocket scientist, Hank something, still in Congress? I
remember when he expressed concerns about Guam tipping over due to the
weight of ammunition on the island from the US military bases there.

--
Rhino

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<17c4b9c9d7f0acd2$1$3573948$c6d58c68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221730&group=rec.arts.tv#221730

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:27:14 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: nev...@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:27 UTC

On 4/9/2024 4:33 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:26:32 +0000
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron,
>> Congresswoman Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
>>
>> The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it,
>> unlike the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
>>

>> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/IqS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14
>>
> Apparently, her ignorance of astronomy is as profound as her ignorance
> of pretty much everything else. She reminds me of the meme of AOC
> wanting to send a NASA mission to the sun but to avoid getting burned
> up by going at night.

That meme sounds damning. Otoh, maybe it's bullshit for the credulous:

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/clip-ocasio-cortez-urging-trip-sun-take-samples-is-altered-2023-11-13/

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<CwadnazQWr1QJoj7nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221735&group=rec.arts.tv#221735

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 22:06:05 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 22:06 UTC

On Apr 9, 2024 at 1:24:54 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:26:32 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
>> Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
>>
>> The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it, unlike
>> the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
>>

>> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/IqS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14
>>
>> --------------------------
>> This is a senior member of Congress. Houston sure is being well represented,
>> isn't it? It's a wonder this woman's brain even has the power to keep her
>> breathing.
>
> I don't know where she would even have gotten the idea that the moon
> is made mostly of gases. Maybe it's mostly helium which is why it
> keeps floating above the Earth like a kid's balloon.
>
>> Keep in mind that this Mensa genius is also famous for asking the NASA
>> director why he didn't land the Mars rover closer to where the astronauts
>> landed in the 60s so we could see the relics of the original space program.
>>
>> She also notably claimed that "The United States has been operating under the
>> Constitution for the last 400 years."
>
> She at least got it sort of close.

If you think missing it by over 150 years is sort of close.

>> She's also the one who claimed it was racist that there were no hurricanes
>> with "black-sounding names". I guess she wanted a Hurricane Tyrone or a
>> Hurricane LaQueesha. Of course if NOAA *had* been giving hurricanes
>> black-sounding names all along, Jackson-Lee would complain that's also
>> racist,
>> to name storms that wreak mass destruction after black people.
>
> Yeah, that's a no win situation for NOAA. Actually it's a win for NOAA
> to just ignore her as I doubt anyone is paying attention to her.
> I often wonder how people like that get elected to Congress. It
> happens with all parties so it isn't a political affiliation that gets
> them elected. At least with Marjorie Taylor Green I think she knows
> some of the things she is saying are BS but they will get her lots of
> air time.
>
>> And 'memba when she was talking about gun control and downloaded this amazing
>> turd into the bowl:
>>

>> https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1176132471324368896/pu/vid/480x270/HQzsTZvTg8uMq02y.mp4?tag=10
>>
>> Apparently I'm a lot stronger than I thought because my AR weighs as much as
>> ten moving boxes and yet I can easily carry it in one hand.
>>
>> Oh, and I've apparently been using the wrong ammo. I should really stop using
>> the .223 rounds that seem to have worked fine all this time and start using
>> the .50-cal rounds that Sheila says my rifle naturally uses. It'll be a
>> challenge, though, since jamming a .50-cal cartridge into the rifle will be
>> like trying shove a tennis ball through a garden hose.
>>
>> And any time you point out her calamitous stupidity, Jackson-Lee claims it's
>> just a racist attempt to make a proud and successful black woman look stupid.
>>
>> No, Sheila, you do a fine job of making yourself look stupid without any help
>> from racists or anyone else.
>>
>> The woman has an IQ of a turnip but she keeps getting re-elected because her
>> district was gerrymandered by Democrats to ensure no one of a lighter
>> skin-tone ever has a chance of winning.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<eagb1jp6umq60k8arnmni7glu9g11hdldf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221742&group=rec.arts.tv#221742

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:30:25 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 22:30 UTC

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 22:06:05 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Apr 9, 2024 at 1:24:54 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:26:32 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
>>> Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
>>>
>>> The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it, unlike
>>> the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
>>>

>>> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/IqS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14
>>>
>>> --------------------------
>>> This is a senior member of Congress. Houston sure is being well represented,
>>> isn't it? It's a wonder this woman's brain even has the power to keep her
>>> breathing.
>>
>> I don't know where she would even have gotten the idea that the moon
>> is made mostly of gases. Maybe it's mostly helium which is why it
>> keeps floating above the Earth like a kid's balloon.
>>
>>> Keep in mind that this Mensa genius is also famous for asking the NASA
>>> director why he didn't land the Mars rover closer to where the astronauts
>>> landed in the 60s so we could see the relics of the original space program.
>>>
>>> She also notably claimed that "The United States has been operating under the
>>> Constitution for the last 400 years."
>>
>> She at least got it sort of close.
>
>If you think missing it by over 150 years is sort of close.

Hey she could have thought the USA had been around a few thousand
years.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<20240409185814.00000e30@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221746&group=rec.arts.tv#221746

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Moon is Made of Gases"
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:58:14 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 22:58 UTC

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:27:14 -0400
moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

> On 4/9/2024 4:33 PM, Rhino wrote:
> > On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:26:32 +0000
> > BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron,
> >> Congresswoman Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
> >>
> >> The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside
> >> it, unlike the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
> >>

> >> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/IqS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14
> >>
> > Apparently, her ignorance of astronomy is as profound as her
> > ignorance of pretty much everything else. She reminds me of the
> > meme of AOC wanting to send a NASA mission to the sun but to avoid
> > getting burned up by going at night.
>
> That meme sounds damning. Otoh, maybe it's bullshit for the
> credulous:
>
> https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/clip-ocasio-cortez-urging-trip-sun-take-samples-is-altered-2023-11-13/

Don't think we didn't notice you skipping right over what Jackson-Lee
actually said in the video that BTR cited. What's the matter? Cat got
your tongue? I'm waiting to hear you explain how she's really not
nearly as stupid as people say she is, despite huge factual errors like
this.

--
Rhino

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<uv4php$id87$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221760&group=rec.arts.tv#221760

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Moon is Made of Gases"
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:20:57 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 01:20 UTC

On 4/9/24 2:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
> Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):

Dumber than 3 toed Marge?
Sluttier than Hand Job McCoy from Colorado?

Do tell?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<Ub57a1$c8a8$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221764&group=rec.arts.tv#221764

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 21:58:57 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 01:58 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
>Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
>
>The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it, unlike
>the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.

This is the woman who asked NASA if she could see the flag we left on Mars.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<17c4ca50aecf5972$5$2029133$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221770&group=rec.arts.tv#221770

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 22:30:06 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: nev...@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 02:30 UTC

On 4/9/2024 6:58 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:27:14 -0400
> moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/9/2024 4:33 PM, Rhino wrote:

>>> Apparently, her ignorance of astronomy is as profound as her
>>> ignorance of pretty much everything else. She reminds me of the
>>> meme of AOC wanting to send a NASA mission to the sun but to avoid
>>> getting burned up by going at night.
>>
>> That meme sounds damning. Otoh, maybe it's bullshit for the
>> credulous:
>>
>> https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/clip-ocasio-cortez-urging-trip-sun-take-samples-is-altered-2023-11-13/
>>
> Don't think we didn't notice you skipping right over what Jackson-Lee
> actually said in the video that BTR cited. What's the matter? Cat got
> your tongue? I'm waiting to hear you explain how she's really not
> nearly as stupid as people say she is, despite huge factual errors like
> this.

Jackson? Who gives a shit about Jackson? Your "meme" was of AOC.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<802c1j94p3bvihsoiochkrk1el920i6hm7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221775&group=rec.arts.tv#221775

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 20:31:33 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 03:31 UTC

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 21:58:57 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>This is the woman who asked NASA if she could see the flag we left on Mars.

Perhaps she's requesting a one way trip....

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<uv56q9$osb3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221776&group=rec.arts.tv#221776

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 00:07:21 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 05:07 UTC

On 2024-04-09 18:26:32 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
> Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
>
> The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it, unlike
> the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
>

> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/IqS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14

U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee responds to backlash after saying moon is
mostly made up of gases
By Shakari Briggs, Staff writer
The Houston Chronicle
April 9, 2024

Things took an astronomical turn for the worse on X, formerly Twitter,
when critics began teasing Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee about her
remarks at an event Tuesday. Lee took to twitter to defend herself
saying she misspoke when she referred to the moon as being made "mostly
of gases."

"Obviously, I misspoke and meant to say the sun, but as usual,
Republicans are focused on stupid things instead of stuff that really
matters," Lee wrote on X. "What can I say though, foolish thinkers lust
for stupidity."

Obviously I misspoke and meant to say the sun, but as usual,
Republicans are focused on stupid things instead of stuff that really
matters.
What can I say though, foolish thinkers lust for stupidity!
https://t.co/ABGxUdRqF6

-- Sheila Jackson Lee (@JacksonLeeTX18) April 9, 2024

In a video on X that's been viewed nearly 600,000 times, Lee said
"sometimes, you've heard the word full moon. Sometimes, you need to
take the opportunity to just come out and see a full moon -- it's that
complete rounded circle which is made up mostly of gases." She went on
to say "that's why the question is why or how could we as humans live
on the moon -- the gas is such that we could do that."

After discussing the moon, Lee dived into another part of the solar
system -- the sun.

"The sun is a mighty powerful heat, but it's almost impossible to go
near the sun," she said. "The moon is more manageable and you will see
in a couple years that NASA is going back to the moon."

According to Space.com, gaseous moon do exist just not in our solar
system. We have ice, rocky and ocean moons. Keith Cooper, of Space.com,
says the moons in our solar system formed through the "bottom-up core
accretion process in disks of leftover material that ringed their
parent planets." As a result, the planets had "already swept up most of
the available material" thus it "wasn't enough left to form a moon
massive enough to have enough gravity to hold onto a lot of gas."

"In fact, only one moon in the solar system even has an atmosphere and
that's Saturn's largest moon, Titan," wrote Cooper.

Shakari Briggs is a reporter for the Houston Chronicle.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<uv5t9c$topp$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221784&group=rec.arts.tv#221784

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>This is the woman who asked NASA if she could see the flag we left on Mars.
>
>Perhaps she's requesting a one way trip....

If only! She asked while on a junket to NASA and watching the viedo feed from
one of the Mars probes.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<729997652.734410002.448708.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221798&group=rec.arts.tv#221798

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 09:18:28 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 16:18 UTC

> On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 22:06:05 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 9, 2024 at 1:24:54 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I don't know where she would even have gotten the idea that the moon
>>> is made mostly of gases. Maybe it's mostly helium which is why it
>>> keeps floating above the Earth like a kid's balloon.

>>> She at least got it sort of close.
>>
>> If you think missing it by over 150 years is sort of close.
>
> Hey she could have thought the USA had been around a few thousand
> years.

That’s just crazy talk. She doesn’t think the earth has been around that
long.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<atropos-D73704.12413710042024@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221833&group=rec.arts.tv#221833

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:41:37 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 19:41 UTC

In article <uv56q9$osb3$1@dont-email.me>,
super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> On 2024-04-09 18:26:32 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
> > Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
> > Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
> >
> > The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it, unlike
> > the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
> >
> > https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/I
> > qS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14
> >

> U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee responds to backlash after saying moon is
> mostly made up of gases
> By Shakari Briggs, Staff writer
> The Houston Chronicle
> April 9, 2024
>
> Things took an astronomical turn for the worse on X, formerly Twitter,
> when critics began teasing Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee about her
> remarks at an event Tuesday. Lee took to twitter to defend herself
> saying she misspoke when she referred to the moon as being made "mostly
> of gases."
>
> "Obviously, I misspoke and meant to say the sun"

Oh, you mean the same sun which is "almost too hot to go near", Sheila?

Jeezus christ...

> "What can I say though, foolish thinkers lust for stupidity!"

Well, anyone who lusts for stupidity sure has a buffet with you, Sheila.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<uv6r3k$15jdl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221843&group=rec.arts.tv#221843

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 19:59:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 19:59 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Tue, 09 Apr 2024 21:58:57 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>This is the woman who asked NASA if she could see the flag we left on Mars.

>Perhaps she's requesting a one way trip....

I've sent in my contribution to the Kickstarter fund.

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<uv8tra$1o5ae$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221935&group=rec.arts.tv#221935

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Moon is Made of Gases"
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 10:58:50 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:58 UTC

On 4/10/24 3:41 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uv56q9$osb3$1@dont-email.me>,
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2024-04-09 18:26:32 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>>
>>> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Congress's resident moron, Congresswoman
>>> Sheila Jackson-Lee (D):
>>>
>>> The moon is "made up mostly of gases" so we can soon live inside it, unlike
>>> the sun which is "almost" too hot to go near.
>>>
>>> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1777722525939625984/vid/avc1/320x320/I
>>> qS6IPUaTCXkT8hU.mp4?tag=14
>>>

>> U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee responds to backlash after saying moon is
>> mostly made up of gases
>> By Shakari Briggs, Staff writer
>> The Houston Chronicle
>> April 9, 2024
>>
>> Things took an astronomical turn for the worse on X, formerly Twitter,
>> when critics began teasing Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee about her
>> remarks at an event Tuesday. Lee took to twitter to defend herself
>> saying she misspoke when she referred to the moon as being made "mostly
>> of gases."
>>
>> "Obviously, I misspoke and meant to say the sun"
>
> Oh, you mean the same sun which is "almost too hot to go near", Sheila?
>
> Jeezus christ...
>
>> "What can I say though, foolish thinkers lust for stupidity!"
>
> Well, anyone who lusts for stupidity sure has a buffet with you, Sheila.

Funny, but you weren't bothered when your Dear Leader said George
Washington stormed the airports.

Or when he said Nicky Haley was in charge of the House on January 6th.

Or that he beat Obama in the election.

You had no problems then, did'ja?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: The Stupidest Member of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "The Moon is Made of Gases"

<17c5dacac4550fd6$25330$3349862$52d51861@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222171&group=rec.arts.tv#222171

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 08:43:16 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 13:43 UTC

On 4/11/24 9:58 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 4/10/24 3:41 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <uv56q9$osb3$1@dont-email.me>,
>>   super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>> U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee responds to backlash after saying moon is
>>> mostly made up of gases
>>> By Shakari Briggs, Staff writer
>>> The Houston Chronicle
>>> April 9, 2024
>>>
>>> Things took an astronomical turn for the worse on X, formerly Twitter,
>>> when critics began teasing Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee about her
>>> remarks at an event Tuesday. Lee took to twitter to defend herself
>>> saying she misspoke when she referred to the moon as being made "mostly
>>> of gases."
>>>
>>> "Obviously, I misspoke and meant to say the sun"
>>
>> Oh, you mean the same sun which is "almost too hot to go near", Sheila?
>>
>> Jeezus christ...
>>
>>>   "What can I say though, foolish thinkers lust for stupidity!"
>>
>> Well, anyone who lusts for stupidity sure has a buffet with you, Sheila.
>>

> Funny, but you weren't bothered when your Dear Leader said George
> Washington stormed the airports.
>
> Or when he said Nicky Haley was in charge of the House on January 6th.
>
> Or that he beat Obama in the election.
>
> You had no problems then, did'ja?

He didn't seem to have much to say about fellow Congressional member
Marjorie Taylor Spleen's talk of Jewish space lasers and the Rapture either.