From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for April 7-13, 2024
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:34:29 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 21:34 UTC

ABC news

‘Golden Bachelor’ Couple Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist To Divorce Three
Months After Televised Wedding (April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/golden-bachelor-divorce-1235882908/

‘The Conners’: How The ‘Roseanne’ Reboot Celebrated 100 Episodes &
Whether The Producers Expect To Do More (April 10)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-conners-100th-episode-recap-producers-interview-1235880549/

‘Jeopardy! Masters’ Season 2 Sets Contestants & Gets Premiere Date On
ABC (April 10)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/jeopardy-masters-season-2-contestants-premiere-date-abc-1235880808/

‘Station 19’ Celebrates 100 Episodes In Nostalgic Look Back At Every
Season — Watch (April 10)

https://deadline.com/video/station-19-100-episodes-celebration-video-watch-abc/

Kat Dennings To Star With Tim Allen In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Shifting Gears’
(April 9)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/kat-dennings-shifting-gears-tim-allen-abc-1235879089/

CBS news

‘Fire Country’: How The CBS Drama Introduced Morena Baccarin For
Possible Spinoff Series (April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/fire-country-how-cbs-drama-introduced-morena-baccarin-as-sheriff-mickey-1235883227/

‘The Talk’ Renewed For 15th And Final Season, Sets December End Date On
CBS (April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-talk-renewed-15th-final-season-ends-december-2024-1235883079/

‘Cold Case’ Reboot From Creator Meredith Stiehm Eyed By CBS (April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/cold-case-reboot-cbs-meredith-stiehm-1235882730/

‘S.W.A.T.’ Lives On: Once-Canceled Series Renewed For Season 8 By CBS
(April 11)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/swat-renewed-season-8-cbs-1235882068/

‘NCIS’ & ‘The Neighborhood’ Renewed For Next Season At CBS (April 9)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/ncis-the-neighborhood-renewed-cbs-2024-25-season-1235879688/

‘FBI’ Trio Renewed At CBS With Flagship Series Scoring Three-Season Deal
(April 9)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/fbi-renewals-cbs-2024-25-1235879481/

CBS Sets Season-Finale Airdates Including Series-Ending Episodes Of
‘Young Sheldon’, ‘Bob [heart] Abishola’ & ‘S.W.A.T.’ (April 8)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/cbs-finale-airdates-young-sheldon-1235878576/

CW news

The CW To Give Viewers An Early Taste Of NASCAR, Adding Eight NBC
Sports-Produced Xfinity Series Races To Fall Schedule (April 11)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-cw-nascar-xfinity-series-fall-races-nbc-sports-1235882184/

Fox news

‘Rescue HI-Surf’ Gets 7-Episode Back Order At Fox For 2024-25 Season
(April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/rescue-hi-surf-back-order-fox-2024-25-1235883145/

NBC news

Matthew Davis & Alexander Hodge Join ‘Grosse Pointe Garden Society’ NBC
Drama Pilot (April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/matthew-davis-alexander-hodge-grosse-pointe-garden-society-nbc-pilot-1235883293/

NBC Renewal Status Report: ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ Mulls Move To
Peacock; ‘Night Court’, ‘Lopez vs Lopez’ & ‘Extended Family’ Waiting
(April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/law-and-order-organized-crime-peacock-nibc-renewals-1235882537/

‘Chicago Med’ Co-Showrunners Diane Frolov, Andy Schneider Stepping Down
At Season’s End (April 9)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/chicago-med-showrunners-diane-frolov-andy-schneider-leaving-end-of-season-1235879714/

“We Talked About Who Is The American Version Of David Attenborough”:
Inside NBC Wildlife Series ‘The Americas’ (April 9)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-americas-tom-hanks-david-attenborough-miptv-1235879126/

Melissa Fumero, AnnaSophia Robb & Ben Rappaport To Star In ‘Grosse
Pointe Garden Society’ NBC Pilot (April 8)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/melissa-fumero-annasophia-robb-ben-rappaport-grosse-pointe-garden-society-nbc-pilot-1235878806/

["The drama follows four members of a suburban garden club — three of
them played by Fumero, Robb and Rappaport — all from different walks of
life, who get caught up in murder and mischief as they struggle to make
their conventional lives bloom."]

Cable channel news

‘Dark Winds’: Jenna Elfman & Bruce Greenwood Among Extensive Season 3
Guest Cast [AMC] (April 10)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/dark-winds-jenna-elfman-bruce-greenwood-season-3-guest-cast-1235881090/

Kevin Costner Would “Love” To Return For ‘Yellowstone’ Final Episodes
But So Far “We Haven’t Been Able To” [Paramount Network] (April 10)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/kevin-costner-yellowstone-1235880357/

‘Game Of Thrones’ Jon Snow Spinoff “Off The Table,” Star Kit Harington
Says [HBO] (April 9)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-spinoff-dead-hbo-kit-harington-1235879636/

‘Earth Abides’: ‘Ozark’s Jessica Frances Dukes Joins Alexander Ludwig In
MGM+ Limited Series (April 8)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/earth-abides-jessica-frances-cast-emma-mgm-series-george-stewart-book-1235877805/

["MGM+ has cast Jessica Frances Dukes (Ozark) as the female lead
opposite Alexander Ludwig in 'Earth Abides,' a limited series that
promises to offer an imaginative new take on George R. Stewart’s classic
sci-fi novel of the same name. Dukes will star as Emma opposite Ludwig’s
Ish. Emma is the polar opposite of Ish and is described as fearless in
body and mind, who is the heartbeat of the new world they set out to
build. Loss has taught her two things: that life and pain are forever
intertwined and, in the end, we are not defined by what we have acquired
but rather by what we have given away."]

Streaming service news--Apple TV+

‘Government Cheese’ Casts Bokeem Woodbine, Adam Beach & Sunita Mani In
David Oyelowo Comedy for Apple TV+ (April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/government-cheese-adds-bokeem-woodbine-adam-beach-sunita-mani-david-oyelowo-comedy-apple-tv-1235882778/

["Government Cheese follows Hampton Chambers (Oyelowo), a man recently
released from prison who struggles to keep his criminal past at bay and
win back his family, all while processing moments of divine intervention
that seem to happen with increasing frequency."]

Marc Maron Joins Owen Wilson In Apple Golf Comedy Series (April 11)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/marc-maron-owen-wilson-golf-comedy-apple-1235882298/

‘Monarch: Legacy of Monsters’ Renewed For Second Season By Apple TV+;
Multiple Spinoffs Planned (April 11)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/monarch-legacy-of-monsters-renewed-second-season-apple-tv-1235882018/

‘Dark Matter’: Apple TV+ Drops Trailer For Sci-Fi Series Starring Joel
Edgerton & Jennifer Connelly (April 11)

https://deadline.com/video/dark-matter-apple-joel-edgerton-jennifer-connelly-trailer/

RM: This is not the real Dark Matter.

Eva Longoria’s Apple TV+ Dramedy ‘Land Of Women’ Gets Premiere Date
(April 10)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/eva-longoria-land-of-women-premiere-date-trailer-1235880114/

["The Apple Studios series, inspired [by] Sandra Barneda’s bestselling
novel 'La tierra de las mujeres' and shot in both English and Spanish,
stars Longoria as Gala, a New York empty-nester whose life is turned
upside down when her husband implicates the family in financial
improprieties, and she is forced to flee the city alongside her aging
mother (Carmen Maura) and teenage daughter (Victoria Bazúa)."]

Streaming service news--Disney+

‘Doctor Who’ Casts Varada Sethu As Second Companion In Season 2
[Disney+] (April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/doctor-who-cast-varada-sethu-season-2-companion-1235883215/

Streaming service news--Hulu

Hulu Picks Up ‘The Killing Kind’, The Cat And Mouse Thriller Series From
Sony-Backed Eleventh Hour That Was A Paramount+ UK Original (April 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/hulu-buys-the-killing-kind-emma-appleton-colin-morgan-thriller-commissioned-by-paramount-plus-1235882925/

["The series follows Ingrid Lewis, a successful defense attorney who
successfully defends a client, John Webster, against stalking charges.
They subsequently have a brief relationship, which ends badly, only for
him to come back into her life a year later. When a colleague is run
down, Webster claims he is the only one who can protect her from the
killer, setting up a deadly game of cat and mouse."]

‘Only Murders In The Building’ Adds Richard Kind, Daphne Rubin-Vega,
Catherine Cohen & Jin Ha To Season 4 (April 9)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/only-murders-in-the-building-cast-richard-kind-daphne-rubin-vega-catherine-cohen-jin-ha-season-4-1235879115/

Dan Fogelman’s Hulu Series Adds Four To Cast (April 8)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/dan-fogelman-hulu-series-percy-daggs-iv-aliyah-mastin-michelle-meredith-cassidy-freeman-1235877651/

["The premise of Fogelman’s new drama has not been revealed but it is
believed to revolve around the President (James Marsden) and his Secret
Service detail led by Sterling K. Brown’s character." Julianne
Nicholson, Sarah Shahi and Nicole Brydon Bloom also star.]

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for April 7-13, 2024

<uvf5a5$38cfu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222222&group=rec.arts.tv#222222

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for April 7-13, 2024
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 16:43:01 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 23:43 UTC

On 4/13/24 2:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>     ABC news
>

> ‘Golden Bachelor’ Couple Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist To Divorce Three
> Months After Televised Wedding  (April 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/golden-bachelor-divorce-1235882908/

Gee, do you think they cut a deal during filming about this?!...

> ‘Station 19’ Celebrates 100 Episodes In Nostalgic Look Back At Every
> Season — Watch  (April 10)
>
> https://deadline.com/video/station-19-100-episodes-celebration-video-watch-abc/

It SUCKS!!

> Kat Dennings To Star With Tim Allen In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Shifting Gears’
>  (April 9)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/kat-dennings-shifting-gears-tim-allen-abc-1235879089/

OK, with her, this will actually get a look from me...

>     CBS news
>

> ‘Fire Country’: How The CBS Drama Introduced Morena Baccarin For
> Possible Spinoff Series  (April 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/fire-country-how-cbs-drama-introduced-morena-baccarin-as-sheriff-mickey-1235883227/

I guess I'll need to read this article...

> ‘The Talk’ Renewed For 15th And Final Season, Sets December End Date On
> CBS  (April 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-talk-renewed-15th-final-season-ends-december-2024-1235883079/

No surprise - it's going to get bumped for CBS's new soap.

Which I guess means the new soap will premiere in Jan. 2025?...

> ‘Cold Case’ Reboot From Creator Meredith Stiehm Eyed By CBS  (April 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/cold-case-reboot-cbs-meredith-stiehm-1235882730/

:|

> ‘S.W.A.T.’ Lives On: Once-Canceled Series Renewed For Season 8 By CBS
> (April 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/swat-renewed-season-8-cbs-1235882068/

No!!

> ‘NCIS’ & ‘The Neighborhood’ Renewed For Next Season At CBS  (April 9)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/ncis-the-neighborhood-renewed-cbs-2024-25-season-1235879688/

I'm sayin' I beat Robin here! ;p

> ‘FBI’ Trio Renewed At CBS With Flagship Series Scoring Three-Season Deal
>  (April 9)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/fbi-renewals-cbs-2024-25-1235879481/

:|

And the mothership show is so unrelentingly awful!

> CBS Sets Season-Finale Airdates Including Series-Ending Episodes Of
> ‘Young Sheldon’, ‘Bob [heart] Abishola’ & ‘S.W.A.T.’  (April 8)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/cbs-finale-airdates-young-sheldon-1235878576/

WRONG, on the last one!! :p

>     CW news
>

> The CW To Give Viewers An Early Taste Of NASCAR, Adding Eight NBC
> Sports-Produced Xfinity Series Races To Fall Schedule  (April 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-cw-nascar-xfinity-series-fall-races-nbc-sports-1235882184/

:|

>     Fox news
>

> ‘Rescue HI-Surf’ Gets 7-Episode Back Order At Fox For 2024-25 Season
> (April 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/rescue-hi-surf-back-order-fox-2024-25-1235883145/

It hasn't even premiered yet!

>     NBC news
>

> NBC Renewal Status Report: ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ Mulls Move To
> Peacock; ‘Night Court’, ‘Lopez vs Lopez’ & ‘Extended Family’ Waiting
> (April 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/law-and-order-organized-crime-peacock-nibc-renewals-1235882537/

Meh. I guess a move to Peacock is better than cancellation.

And I will be shocked if "Night Court" isn't renewed.

> Melissa Fumero, AnnaSophia Robb & Ben Rappaport To Star In ‘Grosse
> Pointe Garden Society’ NBC Pilot  (April 8)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/melissa-fumero-annasophia-robb-ben-rappaport-grosse-pointe-garden-society-nbc-pilot-1235878806/
>
> ["The drama follows four members of a suburban garden club — three of
> them played by Fumero, Robb and Rappaport — all from different walks of
> life, who get caught up in murder and mischief as they struggle to make
> their conventional lives bloom."]

This probably gets a look from me now, if it makes it to series.

>     Cable channel news
>

> Kevin Costner Would “Love” To Return For ‘Yellowstone’ Final Episodes
> But So Far “We Haven’t Been Able To” [Paramount Network]  (April 10)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/kevin-costner-yellowstone-1235880357/

While Costner is a bit of a numbskull, Taylor Sheridan is an even bigger
numbskull if he doesn't bury the hatchet, play nice, and film some
scenes with Costner here...

> ‘Game Of Thrones’ Jon Snow Spinoff “Off The Table,” Star Kit Harington
> Says [HBO]  (April 9)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-spinoff-dead-hbo-kit-harington-1235879636/

I agree with Reddit's take - there was nothing fruitful to be mined in
this spinoff. (Hell, I'd rather see a "Sansa as Queen of the North"
spinoff than a Jon Snow one!!)

>     Streaming service news--Apple TV+
>

> ‘Monarch: Legacy of Monsters’ Renewed For Second Season By Apple TV+;
> Multiple Spinoffs Planned  (April 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/monarch-legacy-of-monsters-renewed-second-season-apple-tv-1235882018/

Well, shawn is excited!! :p

> ‘Dark Matter’: Apple TV+ Drops Trailer For Sci-Fi Series Starring Joel
> Edgerton & Jennifer Connelly  (April 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/video/dark-matter-apple-joel-edgerton-jennifer-connelly-trailer/
>
> RM: This is not the real Dark Matter.

I agree with Robin!!

> Eva Longoria’s Apple TV+ Dramedy ‘Land Of Women’ Gets Premiere Date
> (April 10)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/eva-longoria-land-of-women-premiere-date-trailer-1235880114/
>
> ["The Apple Studios series, inspired [by] Sandra Barneda’s bestselling
> novel 'La tierra de las mujeres' and shot in both English and Spanish,
> stars Longoria as Gala, a New York empty-nester whose life is turned
> upside down when her husband implicates the family in financial
> improprieties, and she is forced to flee the city alongside her aging
> mother (Carmen Maura) and teenage daughter (Victoria Bazúa)."]

Pass.

>     Streaming service news--Hulu
>

> Hulu Picks Up ‘The Killing Kind’, The Cat And Mouse Thriller Series From
> Sony-Backed Eleventh Hour That Was A Paramount+ UK Original  (April 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/hulu-buys-the-killing-kind-emma-appleton-colin-morgan-thriller-commissioned-by-paramount-plus-1235882925/
>
> ["The series follows Ingrid Lewis, a successful defense attorney who
> successfully defends a client, John Webster, against stalking charges.
> They subsequently have a brief relationship, which ends badly, only for
> him to come back into her life a year later. When a colleague is run
> down, Webster claims he is the only one who can protect her from the
> killer, setting up a deadly game of cat and mouse."]

I thought Emma Appleton was a breakout from season #1 "The Witcher", but
someone on Reddit claimed this show wasn't good.

> Dan Fogelman’s Hulu Series Adds Four To Cast  (April 8)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/dan-fogelman-hulu-series-percy-daggs-iv-aliyah-mastin-michelle-meredith-cassidy-freeman-1235877651/
>
> ["The premise of Fogelman’s new drama has not been revealed but it is
> believed to revolve around the President (James Marsden) and his Secret
> Service detail led by Sterling K. Brown’s character." Julianne
> Nicholson, Sarah Shahi and Nicole Brydon Bloom also star.]

Well, I like the cast, but I need to hear more here...

>     Streaming service news--Netflix
>

> ‘Bridgerton’ Season 3 Trailer Teases Trajectory Of Penelope & Colin’s
> Romance  (April 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/bridgerton-season-3-trailer-penelope-colin-1235881640/

Nobody gets The Netflix! For many good reasons!! Including no
"Bridgerton"!!! ;p

> A Shark Terrorizes Paris In First Trailer For French Language Netflix
> Thriller ‘Under Paris’  (April 9)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/under-paris-netflix-shark-xavier-gens-1235879148/

The shark will need to watch its back.

>     Streaming service news--Paramount+
>

> ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Renewed As ‘Lower Decks’ Sets Ending
> After 5 Seasons  (April 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-renewed-lower-decks-cancelled-1235883271/
>

> ‘Tulsa King’ Background Actor Responds To Insults Allegedly Made On Set
> Of Sylvester Stallone Series: “I Do Feel Like I Was Singled Out” [
> Paramount+]  (April 10)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/tulsa-king-backround-actor-reacts-disparaging-comments-sylvester-stallone-series-1235880947/

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for April 7-13, 2024

<20240413212619.00002d34@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222229&group=rec.arts.tv#222229

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 21:26:19 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 01:26 UTC

On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:34:29 -0400
Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Dan Fogelman’s Hulu Series Adds Four To Cast (April 8)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/dan-fogelman-hulu-series-percy-daggs-iv-aliyah-mastin-michelle-meredith-cassidy-freeman-1235877651/
>
> ["The premise of Fogelman’s new drama has not been revealed but it is
> believed to revolve around the President (James Marsden) and his
> Secret Service detail led by Sterling K. Brown’s character." Julianne
> Nicholson, Sarah Shahi and Nicole Brydon Bloom also star.]

A special treat for BTR1701 given that Sarah Shahi has a role and the
operations of the Secret Service seem to be a focal point of the story!

--
Rhino

Re: TV news for April 7-13, 2024

<lOWdnWe3hMfo2ob7nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222236&group=rec.arts.tv#222236

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 03:03:17 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 03:03 UTC

On Apr 13, 2024 at 2:34:29 PM PDT, "Robin Miller"
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> DARK MATTER: Apple TV+ Drops Trailer for Sci-Fi Series Starring Joel
> Edgerton & Jennifer Connelly (April 11)
>
> RM: This is not the real Dark Matter.

Not sure what's 'real' and what's not, but this was an excellent book and the
fact that Jennifer Connelly is in it only cements "I'm there" status for me.

DOCTOR Casts Varada Sethu as Second Companion in Season 2
> [Disney+] (April 12)

Sounds like she's acceptably bipock, unlike her predecessor, who ws rightly
jettisoned for being way too white.

> Dan Fogelman’s Hulu Series Adds Four to Cast (April 8)
>
> ["The premise of Fogelman’s new drama has not been revealed but it is
> believed to revolve around the President (James Marsden) and his Secret
> Service detail led by Sterling K. Brown’s character." Julianne
> Nicholson, Sarah Shahi and Nicole Brydon Bloom also star.]

Oh! My Persian princess has escaped my pocket and is in another show.

Re: TV news for April 7-13, 2024

<m9lm1j55bu9pr9jl1sj8qd5tcc8odsogcn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222239&group=rec.arts.tv#222239

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 00:03:10 -0400
 by: shawn - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 04:03 UTC

On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 03:03:17 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Apr 13, 2024 at 2:34:29 PM PDT, "Robin Miller"
><robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> DARK MATTER: Apple TV+ Drops Trailer for Sci-Fi Series Starring Joel
>> Edgerton & Jennifer Connelly (April 11)
>>
>> RM: This is not the real Dark Matter.
>
>Not sure what's 'real' and what's not, but this was an excellent book and the
>fact that Jennifer Connelly is in it only cements "I'm there" status for me.
>
>DOCTOR Casts Varada Sethu as Second Companion in Season 2
>> [Disney+] (April 12)
>
>Sounds like she's acceptably bipock, unlike her predecessor, who ws rightly
>jettisoned for being way too white.

I wonder if the previous woman even knew she was only going to be on
the show for a season or did she go into it thinking "I've made it.
I'm on a hit show." Only to find out her character was being written
out after a season.
>> Dan Fogelman’s Hulu Series Adds Four to Cast (April 8)
>>
>> ["The premise of Fogelman’s new drama has not been revealed but it is
>> believed to revolve around the President (James Marsden) and his Secret
>> Service detail led by Sterling K. Brown’s character." Julianne
>> Nicholson, Sarah Shahi and Nicole Brydon Bloom also star.]
>
>Oh! My Persian princess has escaped my pocket and is in another show.

She's also taken your job.